Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411503 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 03:53:15 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallDownload All Freeware RPGCreations Games in one Zip (Image-heavy)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Download All Freeware RPGCreations Games in one Zip (Image-heavy)  (Read 4684 times)
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« on: November 14, 2008, 12:37:05 AM »

I spent the last few days setting this up (it's inspired in part by Edmund's CD): http://studioeres.com/games/history

In total there are now 21 freeware games on our site right now (counting game series' Rhygar and Fedora Spade as individual games), spanning from 1996 until the present. Most are Ohrrpgce games, but there are also Qbasic, ZZT, and Game Maker games in there. The full zip is just over 100 MB.

They've also all been updated with the latest version of the Ohrrpgce and Vista-compatable Game Maker, so they should run on most Windows machines. The two exceptions are the QBasic games, those require DosBox to work properly.

There's a sneaky marketing thing, though: you should sign up to our newsletter to get the link. Of course, you can immediately then unsubscribe if you like. A lot of blogs and such give gifts for signing up to their newsletter, so I thought I'd try that out and see how it worked. I only plan to use it for game announcements and other announcements that are important enough, like updates to games etc.

And yes, most of them look fairly bad, and many play badly, but it's a history, it's how we learned to make games, so, like parents, even the bad ugly ones are important to us.

I'd like to make a video with clips from each, the way Edmund did with his CD, eventually.

Screenshots:

« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 01:03:51 AM by rinkuhero » Logged

Neo1493
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 12:59:48 AM »

well there goes my life again very good games and very conveint to have them all in one zip file. 
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic