Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 09:27:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGuild of Dungeoneering [now out on iOS and Android too!]
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22
Print
Author Topic: Guild of Dungeoneering [now out on iOS and Android too!]  (Read 88791 times)
gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #380 on: June 23, 2015, 10:24:18 AM »

Just wanted to point out that we will NOT be doing a launch-week discount. It's pretty common so folks might be thinking we'll do it but we aren't. So if you preorder you get the expansion (later) for free as a bonus, and I don't want that to be a thing you decide would you like the free expansion or the discount.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 10:38:46 AM by gambrinous » Logged

gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #381 on: July 03, 2015, 08:29:27 AM »

Launching in under two weeks! Anyone else excited? (I am a mix of excited and worried!!)

gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #382 on: July 03, 2015, 08:34:37 AM »

Another big post, this time explaining Adventures, Quests and the World Map:

Today I want to talk a bit more about the thing you do the most in Guild of Dungeoneering: send out your expendable minions valued guild members on Quests!

Time For An Adventure

You start the game with a tiny guild and a single loyal follower, the Chump. And there's just one Adventure available, which is a pretty easy one that acts as a nice introduction to the game. Adventures are places you can send your dungeoneers to try and tackle Quests. Most adventures feature a series of quests you need to tackle in order, though there are some that just have a single quest. The final quest in an adventure is always a boss battle.

Here's what the world map looks like when you just have that introductory adventure to attempt.

As soon as you beat this first adventure, taking down your first boss, you unlock three further adventures. So from now on you have a bit of choice about which ones you want to try next. And as you beat these ones, more unlock!

Always Be Questin'

Click on any adventure icon on the world map and you get to see the current quest for that location. Multi-part adventures should be revisited after each victory until you beat the boss and clear the adventure. Here's that starting adventure... of course since it's your first task we couldn't resist sending you off to deal with some rats!

This is also where you select which of your dungeoneers to send on the quest, and of course where you pick a blessing. Blessings are part of the unlock system - make sure to unlock at least one early on. They give your dungeoneer a bonus for that particular quest run.

Here's an example of a multipart adventure before you beat the first Quest and then just before taking on the final boss Quest.

So How Do I Win Again?

Within any particular quest you'll see your objectives at the top right. Sometimes they are simple, like this one where you just need to kill any three monsters (with some rats pre-provided).

Sometimes they are a bit more involved. Here we need to steal the Orb of Nosiness, which is protected by that scary looking Eye Beast. And to make it worse we only have 8 turns before he turns us to stone!

Exploring The Campaign Map

As you plunder your way through the campaign map you will get to explore new regions. At first you'll do your questing in The Grasslands, but once that's thoroughly looted you'll get to try the Azca Jungle:

Each region has it's own unique tileset when you are questing there. Check out this sweet jungle action!

Our third region in the game is the Dwarven Mines, which is full of nasty contraptions.

Showdown!

And of course we have a finale adventure once you've battled your way through all three regions. I won't spoil it for you!

gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #383 on: July 08, 2015, 01:19:58 AM »

Put up our review build on Steam and sent it out to press and streamers yesterday. GULP

Seven days til launch. We're focusing on bugfixing and polish only now!

del
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #384 on: July 08, 2015, 06:09:40 AM »

I remember playing an earlier demo of this, looks quite a bit more polished! Best of luck on launch!

Four Realms. Action RPG. Platformer. Animals.
sam_psychic
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #385 on: July 08, 2015, 07:32:19 AM »

Counting down to July 14th. I hope it goes great for you guys!

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #386 on: July 08, 2015, 08:25:33 AM »

Wow it's amazing to see how this game has evolved from the earliest screenshots.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
adambn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 09, 2015, 07:19:42 AM »

Put up our review build on Steam and sent it out to press and streamers yesterday. GULP

Seven days til launch. We're focusing on bugfixing and polish only now!

How about letting some of your pre-orderers get their hands on it *hint*.. I was one of the first 100 pre-orderers and can't wait to try it out

*edit* especially since its been let out to Twitch streamers
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 08:12:52 AM by adambn » Logged
gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #388 on: July 13, 2015, 02:21:22 AM »

Woah. We just got featured by Steam!! Didn't think this would happen til launchday (tomorrow)

Mr. Levich
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 13, 2015, 03:53:15 AM »

Congratulations on a job well done. The game looks absolutely marvellous Smiley

The MegaMagic Dude
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #390 on: July 13, 2015, 05:59:28 AM »

Tomorrow is the BIG DAY! Good luck, cheers and congratulations!  Toast Left

Visit our devlog!

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #391 on: July 13, 2015, 08:18:49 AM »

I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but I saw this game on PCGamer.

http://www.pcgamer.com/guild-of-dungeoneering-a-card-battler-with-a-dungeon-building-twist/

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
Darkfox190
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 13, 2015, 08:28:30 PM »

Eagerly watching my inbox for a code at this point. :D Can't wait to be playing again! The changes look really interesting, and I'm really looking forward to trying them out!
Voltz.Supreme
Level 3

Iron Synth Chef & Voltage Architect

View Profile WWW
« Reply #393 on: July 13, 2015, 09:46:09 PM »

Well done!
Looking forward to giving it a go!
Hope everything goes well!

AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #394 on: July 14, 2015, 12:17:48 PM »

Congratulations on the masterful release! This is already in the Steam Top Sellers  Beer!

gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #395 on: July 14, 2015, 12:48:09 PM »

Eagerly watching my inbox for a code at this point. :D Can't wait to be playing again! The changes look really interesting, and I'm really looking forward to trying them out!

From a preorder from me? Sent those codes out this afternoon

Mattie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 14, 2015, 01:25:01 PM »

Already played this for about 3 hours. It feels great, although it is quite hard. Smiley

I found some little things that could be improved in my opinion:
- There could be a 'fast mode', where everything (especially the battles) would be faster. All the waiting and watching the animations (that are awesome btw) over and over again makes playing kinda boring after a while.
- In the dungeoneers menu, there could appear a box that would explain each of the heroes' abilities and specials. It took me a while to understand that there are different classes. The Dungeoneers menu feels kind of useless as it is right now.
- When placing a card you should be able to cancel the chosen card somehow, maybe mouse right click?
gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #397 on: July 14, 2015, 01:35:49 PM »

Agree with you on those points. To cancel placing a card just drop it in any invalid spot and it will snap back into your hand.

Aquanoctis
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #398 on: July 14, 2015, 02:02:25 PM »

Hey! Looking good! Just saw Northernlion cover the game, it's come so far since the start, should be proud!
Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #399 on: July 14, 2015, 11:15:21 PM »

Congrats for the release! It's always nice to see a game from here in the Steam top sellers! Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic