Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 08:01:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGuild of Dungeoneering [now out on iOS and Android too!]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22
Print
Author Topic: Guild of Dungeoneering [now out on iOS and Android too!]  (Read 88721 times)
gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2013, 11:06:36 AM »

I added some press quotes to the site, including a german one :D

gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2013, 02:46:43 AM »

Speech bubbles!

gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2013, 10:38:14 AM »

Update: v0.6 Dec 14th

Changes since the last version
- the 'frame' UI when ingame
- a Gambrinous graphic in the preloader
- fix the sitelock check to allow www.gambrinous.com too

--> Try it here (flash) <--
Feedback very much welcomed!

gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: January 02, 2014, 10:33:56 AM »

Happy new year Tigsourcers! It was a quiet December for Dungeoneering development, unfortunately, but the new year holds much promise.

Update: v0.6.1 Jan 2nd

- solved an annoying bug with ? tiles with entrances leading to them from multiple directions, previously only the first seen entrance would qualify
- hero & monsters now have stats: HEALTH, STRENGTH, SPEED, ARMOUR. When battles happen you take turns attacking each other, with the higher SPEED person starting off. STRENGTH - ARMOUR is how much damage you do per swing.

Next up
- a little battle screen to show monster stats (currently not shown anywhere) & why you are dying..
- equippable items to improve your hero's stats

Play this version:
Browser (Flash)
Installable (PC/Mac/Linux via AIR)

GeoffW
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: January 03, 2014, 03:35:22 PM »

I just played your latest version, here's my (brief) feedback:

I love:
  • the concept
  • the paper art style
  • use of cards
  • the flavour text on the rooms and corridors made me smile

I don't love:
  • if there's a lot of depth to the gameplay I'm not seeing it yet

gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2014, 07:35:41 AM »

Thanks for trying it out GeoffW. Agree with you on lack of gameplay right now. Hopefully in a few weeks I'll have the major gameplay mechanics in and it will be more fun.

gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: January 07, 2014, 03:00:41 PM »

Update: v0.6.2 Jan 7th

- a BATTLE SCREEN. When your hero fights a monster it will pop up with stats and show your attacks in turn until one of you dies.
- new card art! HOPE, SEEK and DREAD cards have their own hand-drawn look

Next up
- monster/treasure art for the cards and for when you place them on the map (similar to the hero token). This will mean the alpha is 100% original artwork Tears of Joy

Play this version: Browser (Flash)

gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2014, 10:36:05 AM »

Update: v0.6.3 Jan 12th

- new art for monsters & treasure. This means there is no longer ANY non-original art in the game! That said, there is still quite a bit of place holder stuff like buttons I made that will eventually be replaced with nicer stuff..

Next up
- equippable weapons & armour, I think

Rotondo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2014, 01:26:49 PM »

I just played the new version, I love the art style and the concept has a lot of potential.

I just feel like the overall speed of the game is a tad too slow. It's definitely fun but I feel like things should progress quicker.

For instance the adventurer in the dungeon moves at a snails pace, and he slows down a lot before coming to a stop.

Suggestions:

• Speed up and smooth out the adventurers movement
  • Adding some type of animation or movement to the combat cards

would be cool.
  • Also speeding up the battle cards a bit would be nice as well.

I also had some trouble clicking and dragging around with the mouse on the map but that could have been flash just acting up.

But yeah keep up the good work this is really turning into something cool, good luck with it!

Bandreus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2014, 12:29:34 AM »

The game is freezing for me. Happened 3 times out of 3 sessions. Not sure about the exact steps to reproduce it though, as I don't think the way I used my cards followed a specific pattern.

As far as feedback goes, I agree with Rotondo: the game doesn't feel responsive or snappy enough as of right now.

Oh and, having your adventurer mindlessly wandering around the dungeon (often returning on an already explored tile, while you're placing tons of card in the opposite direction) is so, so frustrating.

I hope the one mechanic you were talking about is going to have something to do with luring the character to a desired location (maybe the adventurer will try to run away from monsters, especially ones much stronger than she currently is, but you can lure her to a desired location via treasures/equip or something?).

Those (especially the latter) are the only gripes I have towards the game in its current form. Other than that I like the game very much, keep up the good work!

ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: January 13, 2014, 01:50:37 AM »

great art style 've there, mate

I'll try to play this when I get back home, tho I hav a terrible connection there :<

gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: January 13, 2014, 02:09:15 AM »

I just played the new version, I love the art style and the concept has a lot of potential.

I just feel like the overall speed of the game is a tad too slow. It's definitely fun but I feel like things should progress quicker.

For instance the adventurer in the dungeon moves at a snails pace, and he slows down a lot before coming to a stop.

Suggestions:

• Speed up and smooth out the adventurers movement
  • Adding some type of animation or movement to the combat cards

would be cool.
  • Also speeding up the battle cards a bit would be nice as well.

I also had some trouble clicking and dragging around with the mouse on the map but that could have been flash just acting up.

But yeah keep up the good work this is really turning into something cool, good luck with it!

Thanks for the detailed feedback. Added those things to my TODO list.

I think there's a bug with the drag to scroll mechanism, I've noticed that too but haven't yet identified exactly what's causing it.

gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: January 13, 2014, 02:14:19 AM »

The game is freezing for me. Happened 3 times out of 3 sessions. Not sure about the exact steps to reproduce it though, as I don't think the way I used my cards followed a specific pattern.

As far as feedback goes, I agree with Rotondo: the game doesn't feel responsive or snappy enough as of right now.

Oh and, having your adventurer mindlessly wandering around the dungeon (often returning on an already explored tile, while you're placing tons of card in the opposite direction) is so, so frustrating.

I hope the one mechanic you were talking about is going to have something to do with luring the character to a desired location (maybe the adventurer will try to run away from monsters, especially ones much stronger than she currently is, but you can lure her to a desired location via treasures/equip or something?).

Those (especially the latter) are the only gripes I have towards the game in its current form. Other than that I like the game very much, keep up the good work!

An easy first fix for the wandering back n forth issue will be to have him prioritise unvisited tiles over previously-visited ones. But longterm I want to give him a proper AI - it's going to be a big part of the game.

I saw a couple of freezes I couldn't explain in this version, but then couldn't get them to happen again. I guess there's a freezing bug in there somewhere - will have to reproduce exactly what's causing it..

gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2014, 11:02:01 AM »

Update: v0.6.4 Jan 14th

- room/corridor tiles now keep track of whether they have been visited yet. Unvisited ones have a slightly faded out look (a bit subtle in the screenshot but you'll notice it ingame). Your dungeoneer now always goes for an unvisited tile next to him if there is one available! This vastly reduces the amount of silly back and forth moving he used to do!
- fixed the bug with dragging to scroll the map not working (it was counting the hidden battle popups as buttons ...  Embarrassed )
- fixed the crashing bug that happened when cards were dealt (it was trying to endlessly generate a monster with dread 5.. of which there weren't any..  Embarrassed )

Next up
- equippable weapons & armour, I think

Bandreus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2014, 05:15:48 AM »

That's definitely a step in the right direction  Toast Left

Can't wait to see what you're planning to do with the items system and what the interaction between equipment and the threats in the dungeon are. Until then, it's very hard to judge what the generic turn-to-turn gameplay could be.

Oh, the Gray Ooze is scary despite the 1 dread cost  Crazy

FraktalZero
« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2014, 09:37:37 AM »

This looks great. Smiley
gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: January 18, 2014, 08:40:01 AM »

Trying out alternative fonts. My favorite is the top one here for maximum readability. What do you think? Full size version is here

gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: January 18, 2014, 10:59:05 AM »

Update: v0.6.5 Jan 18th

- speech bubble behind text when the hero talks
- new chatter when poked and when idling
- more legible font throughout

Next up
- equippable weapons & armour, tomorrow I hope!

Vaxx
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 18, 2014, 01:24:00 PM »

Top row font for readability. Keep it up!  Hand Thumbs Up Left
Zaxuhe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 18, 2014, 02:30:17 PM »

Love the art and the idea, on the video I feel the gameplay was a bit slow tho, following!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic