Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411840 Posts in 69419 Topics- by 58464 Members - Latest Member: Riya21

May 31, 2024, 06:54:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMy First Game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: My First Game  (Read 811 times)
alaslipknot
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: October 06, 2013, 04:54:12 PM »

Hello Everyone,
i finally released my first game ever  Beer! !!!
it's made with unity and it's playable online for free,
please try it and give me some feed backs, i would really LOVE to know what you guys think about it, one last thing, the game is pretty hard, but PLEASE do not give up
at least finish the song okay  Roll Eyes ??
thank you  Grin !!
Link to the game :
http://www.kongregate.com/games/alaslipknot/rgb
Screen Shots

“Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.”
or just visit my blog
diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 05:59:25 PM »

Not bad! But once I figured the green pads refleted everything the game got much easier and a little boring. My record was 51 hits in 113 seconds.

I know that hitting red with the red pad gives me score and with the green they just don't take my life away, but for me the fun is surviving for longer periods of time. Maybe adding some penalty for using the green pads with blue/red, like temporarily slowing down the movement or something, would make the game more interesting.

ZeppelinCaptain
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 03:36:03 AM »

I played without music, so I don't know if I finished the song, sorry. I got 65 points, 127 seconds.

It's a neat mechanic that you've build up, and without unnecessary fluff, which is nice.

I would like some strong visual feedback when I lose a life, and when I score. I was often unsure as to whether I had hit a ball wrong, and it forced me to check if I had lost a life.

The speed with which you accelerate seems to slow as well. Faster = less frustrating I think.

I liked the green ball interludes a lot! They had a bunch of visual effects as well!

And probably my favorite thing about the game was the "how to" screens, they were very clear and visual Grin

Edit: oh yeah, and congrats on your first game! Feels good, eh?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 03:52:50 AM by ZeppelinCaptain » Logged

alaslipknot
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 07:10:05 AM »

Grin !!
Thank's a lot guys ^_^ !!

Not bad! But once I figured the green pads refleted everything the game got much easier and a little boring .... but for me the fun is surviving for longer periods of time. Maybe adding some penalty for using the green pads with blue/red, like temporarily slowing down the movement or something, would make the game more interesting.
thanx diegzumillo,
in the earlier version of the game, the green pads have indeed a penalty which is reduce your score by 1 , so it's like they save you for a price, but then i realized that the score will always be a small number no matter how skilled you are, so the final version is like this, however, i think you didn't reach the fun part yet  Roll Eyes
it's when the green pads disappear, and trust me, in that moment you will love to have the "boring" green pads again

I played without music, so I don't know if I finished the song, sorry. I got 65 points, 127 seconds.
It's a neat mechanic that you've build up, and without unnecessary fluff, which is nice.

thank you ZeppelinCaptain,
the "max" time of the game is 241 seconds, after that the game restart but become more harder (basically the ball comes faster)

I would like some strong visual feedback when I lose a life, and when I score. I was often unsure as to whether I had hit a ball wrong, and it forced me to check if I had lost a life.

actually i thought about that and i make it with a sound effect not a visual effect, beside the song, the game has 3 different sounds :
scoring(red/red or blue/blue),
neutral(red-blue/green)
and loosing a life
but yes, maybe i'll try to do that

Edit: oh yeah, and congrats on your first game! Feels good, eh?

it feels GREAT !!
seriously, the first time i tried to make a game was in 2009 
it was with gameMaker then i tried MultiMedia Fusion then FPSmaker then RPGmaker Cheesy
you know those time when you want to make "an awesome rpg game with bunch of inventory and excellent graphics   Durr...? "
well, a first game can NEVER be like that
2010 was the year when i get into programming and i loved it !!
i asked some people and they say that the "easiest" way to make games is with Flash, so i went into it, but like always all what i've done was some prototypes and never finishing any of them,
NOTE : please don't laugh but i didn't have internet connection at home back then Tears of Joy
yeah it seems impossible but the first time i had internet was in June 2010, which make the learning process before that time very hard, so to the very new developers, don't be chocked and quit.

well, that went very far xD

thank you guys again,

cheers  Beer! !!

“Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.”
or just visit my blog
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic