Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 09:50:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsTixel - Now Hiring!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]
Print
Author Topic: Tixel - Now Hiring!  (Read 73454 times)
Wryneck
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 09, 2009, 02:36:07 PM »

I see exactly what you mean. The original post mentions some people who at least were able to help. Are they still? Gold Cray is the only one responding so far, and I cannot help reading some disappointment between the lines. Perhaps I should build a small prototype, a proof of concept, to spur some interest.
salade
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 09, 2009, 07:43:45 PM »

I'll volunteer to help, but my graphics programming knowledge is severely limited. I guess at best I could still do some of the grunt work though...

what is even being used to make this made in? SDL?
Wryneck
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 09, 2009, 10:55:40 PM »

I suspect that the graphics programming will be a fairly minor part of the work anyway. Concerning technology, from what I can see in this topic C++ and wxWidgets seem to have been chosen.
salade
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 10, 2009, 11:38:32 AM »

ah yes, I am an applications programing noob.

anyway, I'm willing to help after wrapping my head around wxWidgets, but i'd still be a noob.

EDIT: Have been messing around with wxWidgets, cool stuff.

Count me in as committed, if there are still any programmer slots open.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 03:34:14 PM by salade » Logged
Wryneck
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 12, 2009, 12:22:51 PM »

I've decided to keep this project for myself until it has matured a bit. Team work is difficult; I've come to the conclusion that things will be simpler on my own. The interest is greatly appreciated though, and I'll post back again when help is needed.

I realize that I cannot call this project Tixel though, so I'll have to come up with a new name.
Wryneck
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 18, 2009, 12:53:41 PM »

Haven't worked a whole lot on this yet, but here comes a mildly exhilarating image of something which actually runs. I expect to be working one hour every day, in order to not wear it out or lose interest. Slow but steady. There's a bit more going on underneath than is shown in the picture, but it is still only taking its first steps.

Codestar
Level 1

One man, one game

View Profile WWW
« Reply #266 on: November 18, 2009, 01:05:55 PM »

WOW YOU PIXELED THAT?! THIS PROGRAM IS GONNA BE AWESOME! Durr...?

Check out my current game project:
Mine to the sky
salade
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 18, 2009, 07:08:31 PM »

Haven't worked a whole lot on this yet, but here comes a mildly exhilarating image of something which actually runs. I expect to be working one hour every day, in order to not wear it out or lose interest. Slow but steady. There's a bit more going on underneath than is shown in the picture, but it is still only taking its first steps

are you actually able to edit the pixels yet? that was one of the things I was able to do in my experiments, and I can provide code if you want.
Wryneck
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 19, 2009, 07:16:36 AM »

Yup, I pixeled it blindfolded while fighting an alligator with my left hand.

I am aware of that isn't much to show; I simply wanted to prove that work has started. There's no pixel editing in there yet, but I will start to implement it very soon. No code will need to be provided.
Ghanshyam
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 02, 2010, 12:00:15 AM »

Is there a right list if yes this is good because this is bright shining for you and other members.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic