Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411514 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 02:55:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessSocial media for dummies
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Social media for dummies  (Read 6258 times)
OkijinGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2014, 11:57:57 AM »

I've only posted my suspicion in this thread, so I have no idea why Facebook has removed your page.

I just find it odd that most other indie game developers are struggling to get Facebook likes, but all it apparently takes is a simple "how many X can you spot in this picture" and $50 worth of Facebook ads.
As said, I spent $50 in Facebook Ads promotion (page and posts) to engage my target audience during the first month. Till today, Facebook represented 62% of the social referrals to my product pages so my monthly spending budget had been increased according to the returns I was getting.

What I find odd is why would someone pay for an illegal service at a rate of 1000 likes for $15 when you could get a lot better outcome from FB Ads with minimal market research and appropriate targeting!

@ $0.003 per engagement... http://okijin.com/img/facebookanalytics2.png

In any case you are free to believe what you want obviously.

Okijin Games "Fun games to play on the go"
Facebook|Twitter
OkijinGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2014, 12:01:49 PM »

EDIT: Maybe you've fallen victim to something like this and this?
That could make sense indeed to explain FB action - thanks for the links!

Okijin Games "Fun games to play on the go"
Facebook|Twitter
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2014, 12:13:35 PM »

In any case you are free to believe what you want obviously.

For the record, I no longer believe you bought fake likes (knowingly). I wasn't aware that legitimately buying Facebook ads could end up getting you mostly fake likes -- I only just found that out when I found the linked articles. I was (and still am) absolutely positive that most of the likes on your Facebook page are fake (compare to Wolfire Games, an indie company that has been working on and selling their game Overgrowth for 4-5 years and are the guys behind the Humble Indie Bundle: their Facebook page "only" has 2054 likes), so the most obvious explanation to me was that those fake likes had been bought willingly. I no longer believe that. I think you've just been hit by something that seems to be a big problem with Facebook ads. I apologize and hope you work it out with Facebook.

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2014, 04:21:14 PM »

to my biggest surprise, facebook is still a thing in 2014 and some people are apparently still buying into the "social" scam

I shiggidy diggy

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic