Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 09:29:45 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingThe Lost Crypts (Open Beta)
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: The Lost Crypts (Open Beta)  (Read 3950 times)
wx3labs
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: October 16, 2013, 01:02:11 PM »

Play here: http://lostcrypts.com/

Lost Crypts is a multiplayer coop dungeon runner infusing elements of Roguelikes and the arcade classic "Gauntlet." Up to four players descend through the crypts gathering treasures and battling hordes of monsters and avoiding traps. The game is played in a browser and requires Flash, a keyboard and mouse.

Features:

• Play as one of three classes with different stats and special attacks.
  • Mix of procedural and designed levels make each play different.
  • Hundreds of different items including rare special items.
  • Surivive bats, goblins, sorcerors, evil eyes, bombs, poison gas, and much more.

The game has been in development since the beginning of the year and is now in Open Beta. While the core game play mechanic is not likely to change, I will be adding new features and content in response to player feedback.

Check out my current game project, Starcom: Nexus, an action RPG of space exploration and fast-paced combat:
http://www.starcomnexus.com/
Cbear
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 03:17:53 PM »

The game is pretty solid and fun ^_^ but I don't feel that connected to the actual content. Granted I haven't played it too much. It just doesn't feel personal enough. However, that being said, it's very well made ^_^
wx3labs
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 06:18:47 AM »

The game is pretty solid and fun ^_^ but I don't feel that connected to the actual content. Granted I haven't played it too much. It just doesn't feel personal enough. However, that being said, it's very well made ^_^

Thanks for playing! Could you describe what you mean by being connected/personal? Do you mean that you weren't invested in your character's progression or something else?

Check out my current game project, Starcom: Nexus, an action RPG of space exploration and fast-paced combat:
ivansf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 08:12:40 PM »

Will spend my first post in saying that I loved the game.

The only thing I didn't quite enjoy were the long messages.
Ancient Account
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 05:46:48 AM »

Good game...

The only thing I didn't quite enjoy were the long messages.
Same.
Magnega
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 10:24:54 AM »

Great job so far. Have to mention the texts though, they do sometimes hang around for quite a while. I also found a throne, and found out it gives my character a permanent bonus, but I still don't know what the bonus was.

I can haz XNA Game studio?

Twitter: @Magnega
wx3labs
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 05:12:40 PM »

Thanks for playing!

I gather people feel like the text help/info lingers too long on screen, not that the text itself was too long? Are people bothered by the duration of the help (top left, large text) or the item hints (bottom left, small text) or both?

Cbear
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, 04:56:01 AM »

Thanks for playing! Could you describe what you mean by being connected/personal? Do you mean that you weren't invested in your character's progression or something else?

yes, Sorry I haven't responded sooner! I just didn't connect to the characters. I would like to identify more with the character's struggles and the environment more. But that's just my preference I suppose

adganong
Level 0

Motif

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2013, 03:01:46 PM »

I only played it briefly, but it was very amusing and the controls felt pretty solid. I'll be back, I want to unlock my speacial attack
RealityShifter
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2013, 05:57:39 PM »

spent a lot of time playing playing this the first go! :D

Creativegametheory.com
@theorygeorgiou
wx3labs
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2013, 04:01:37 PM »

Great, thanks for playing! I'm planning on putting up a new version in the next day or two.

wx3labs
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2013, 04:02:05 PM »

There's a new version up with a number of new features based on player feedback:

• Potions are more fun. Instead of topping off energy they give some energy plus act as a power-up.
  • Achievement / title progression give longer term goals
  • New rare, "ricochet" magic items
  • Number of balance changes

Love to hear what people think about the current version and if you encounter any bugs.

mrBlack
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2013, 09:10:37 AM »

I keep wanting to play this game, but my old browser isn't capable of running flash version 11+.

That makes me feel bad Sad

Seriously, the game looks awesome though.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 09:32:18 AM by mrBlack » Logged

Dev Log: Lejendary Dev Log
Prads
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2013, 08:41:24 PM »

Played it and loved it. My only issue was when I tried to use food by clicking on the chicken sprite, sometimes it wouldn't work while at other times it would. Gameplay wise it was pretty solid!

xarn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2013, 10:08:59 AM »

Very nice! I was pleasantly surprised. I think once it gets some traction and more people are online, it could definitely be fun!

Personally, I was just a bit bothered by the blue mana/stamina bar. I guess the intent was to "shoot" only when you need to, but for me it was just forcing me to make a break once in a while and wait a bit. I didn't find it very helpful. It would be much more useful IMHO if this mana would be used for some kind of special attack. I also got the feeling that when you get bonuses, it empties even more quicker ...to the point that you see bonuses as mana drainers. But all that mana thingy is relatively minor detail. I think this has potential to become quite good. An inventory would be nice too.
wx3labs
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2013, 10:14:33 PM »

Thanks for checking it out!

The mana is used for both normal attacks and your special (unlocked at level 3). Sometimes it gets frustrating when you hit zero and feel powerless, but currently I think it's a good thing because it gives players a skill to hone and makes items that boost your energy recharge more valuable. Some of the bonuses (like multishot) eat into it much faster so that might be something that needs balancing).

xarn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2013, 03:30:34 AM »

Actually, I like it more than my own game currently in dev.  WTF

One small note though. Often, during levels, there is think kind of black smoke everywhere. I guess it's triggered after a certain delay but it's really annoying. For me, each time I see it, it means certain death. Not because of the smoke itself but rather because it becomes so laggy that you cannot move/aim accurately enough anymore. Especially if there are some monsters around, it's so laggy that I almost loose control where the dude is moving/shooting (in a stupid wall usually!).
Writy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2013, 02:17:58 AM »

The only thing I have to say isn't really constructive, but it doesn't matter: Well done!  Gentleman
wx3labs
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2013, 06:36:10 PM »

Actually, I like it more than my own game currently in dev.  WTF

Good news: I felt that way about Lost Crypts six months ago when looking at other games.

One small note though. Often, during levels, there is think kind of black smoke everywhere. I guess it's triggered after a certain delay but it's really annoying. For me, each time I see it, it means certain death. Not because of the smoke itself but rather because it becomes so laggy that you cannot move/aim accurately enough anymore. Especially if there are some monsters around, it's so laggy that I almost loose control where the dude is moving/shooting (in a stupid wall usually!).

Yeah, that's level starting to collapse, encouraging the player to push on. It's the most complained about feature. I think it's necessary for a number of design reasons, but I'll probably increase the delay.

wx3labs
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2013, 06:37:05 PM »

The only thing I have to say isn't really constructive, but it doesn't matter: Well done!  Gentleman

Thanks!

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic