Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 01:10:10 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsNeed C# Coder for Side-scroller Game in Early Dev
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Need C# Coder for Side-scroller Game in Early Dev  (Read 1088 times)
Zagrom
Level 0

Perception is Reality.

View Profile WWW
« on: October 17, 2013, 10:58:42 PM »

Hello.

I am looking to hire a coder for a game I currently have in development. The project is currently being worked on my myself and another acquaintance of mine, both of which are doing art. We are looking for a coder to help us, essentially for free for about a month to help us have something to present to Kickstarter and a few press related things. If we are successfully funded from Kickstarter then you will be paid from your work from that point onward at a price we can agree on, I will have a contract made up after we come to a deal.

That all said, here are the general coding requirements I'm looking to achieve.
•Day/Night Cycle
•Scheduled events based on time
•Weather
•At least 8 layers
•Auto-Saving mechanics
•Complex Dialogue Trees
•Options for Linux and Mac support
•Controller support

The game will be a side-scrolling, decision making game. There will be no combat mechanics and will be mostly about exploring, finding things and talking to people. There are at least 9 main endings that change based on the decisions you make in the game. Currently I have about 30 NPCs planned, only about 4 or 5 have design work done and I'm estimating about 70-90 NPCs by the time were done. A lot of the events have yet to be planned so this is still really early work, but the sooner I get a coder in the works the better. At the latest I expect to be done and releasing this project in 8 months or less from now.

If you are intrested feel free to express so below, or contact me a  zagrom(at)pixelbitunited.com

On a related note I will be putting some budget aside for outsourcing audio as well, I have already contacted someone about this who I would be interested in doing the work. If it turns out I'll need a second person to help speed up that work then I will put another ad out about it.

Zagrom
Level 0

Perception is Reality.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 10:25:21 PM »

Hello,
 A thank you to all that checked this thread out. I have had someone contact me at this point who will be taking the job unless stated here otherwise later. If anyone wants to contact me and express any interest feel free to do so, there are no positions currently open but if they come available I will already have your name on the list.

Thanks.

Selmak75
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 10:31:43 PM »

Your project looks good, best of luck!  Beer!

C#, Objective-C, VB, PHP, LUA, & Javascript programming
Zagrom
Level 0

Perception is Reality.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 10:37:01 PM »

Your project looks good, best of luck!  Beer!
Oh hey  XD
Thanks, I got your email saved incase I need advice or anything later on, perhaps we will have projects that overlap someday as well. Thanks for your support.

aberrantmind
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 01:19:48 PM »

I like the style. also thumbs up for non-combat descision based game.

Zagrom
Level 0

Perception is Reality.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 02:14:14 PM »

I like the style. also thumbs up for non-combat descision based game.
Thanks for your interest in the project. Sometime soon I will hopefully start keeping a sort of blog about the development and progress of the game.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic