Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 12:50:33 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallMutant Colossus from Outer Space
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Mutant Colossus from Outer Space  (Read 5275 times)
Disthron
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2013, 11:43:08 PM »

Hi everyone, I'm pretty new here. I wasn't sure if I should post this here or on the Games forum. Since the game is already done. Anyway, I just wanted to introduce you to my quirky little game. Starring Scream Queen Suzi Lorraine as the female equivalent of King Kong on steroids. Watch her smash, punch, destroy, leap, fight dinosaurs, climb walls and fall off buildings. For your comic relief and merriment, I present:

http://www.desura.com/games/mutant-colossus-from-outer-space

It will be out in a few days and you can get it on Desura. Check out the trailer. Sorry, not sure if this forum has an inbed video tage or anything like that.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 07:55:18 AM by Derek » Logged

Please Follow Edelin Tales on Twitter and like us on Facebook
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 03:01:27 AM »

wat. those visuals. i hope those are there just to be ironic

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
Disthron
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 10:45:18 PM »

I don't know what to tell you. I thought I did a pretty good job on the graphics. Shrug

Cunnah
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 05:08:19 AM »

There is a little disparity between the graphics. the woman is very photo realistic (to the point I am assuming that is a photo) the background is more abstract looking. Other elements are a little all over the place in realism. Personally I would dial back the graphics on the woman a make it more harmonious. Another way you could go is to make the graphics more obviously collage like as that's kinda what it looks like. Add a white boarder to main elements (it would help with identifying important parts of the game) to make them look like they have been cut out. However it's your project have fun with it.
Disthron
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 05:53:01 AM »

There is a little disparity between the graphics. the woman is very photo realistic (to the point I am assuming that is a photo)
Well, it's from a video actually. I paid a small media studio to do a green screen shoot with a model/actress. It was probably the single most expensive thing in the budget. So I'm not sure if it would be possible to dial back the realisum on her. Unless I used photo-manipulation effects to make it look like paper or something.

Anyway, thanks for the constructive criticism. I really should have come to places like this much, much earlier. I could have probably gotten some feedback and avoided some of the mistakes I made during development. As it stands right now the game is what it is. Most people who I've showed it to seem to enjoy it though. So that's something.

Cunnah
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 06:21:48 AM »

I do like the idea its very quirky... fits with my sense of humor, if you haven't experienced it you should have a look at Monty Python sketches or the goodies

. Also remember it is only advice here so take it on board but don't be afraid to go sod it I am doing it my way Wink. The graphics could grow on me. You could always layer the images by having a generic paper shape behind the images you wouldn't have to muck around with the imagery you already have.
Disthron
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 07:22:13 AM »

I do like the idea its very quirky... fits with my sense of humor, if you haven't experienced it you should have a look at Monty Python sketches or the goodies

Oh yes, I remember watching the Goodies, Faulty Towers and Dr. Who when I was a kid. I never got to see Monty Python until I was much older though.

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2013, 07:55:09 AM »

DevLogs are for games that are in development and the Games forum is for game discussion.

What you wanted was the Townhall, which is for announcing finished (or near-finished) games.
Disthron
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2013, 05:03:50 PM »

DevLogs are for games that are in development and the Games forum is for game discussion.

What you wanted was the Townhall, which is for announcing finished (or near-finished) games.

Ah, thanks. I'll remember that for next time. ^_^

KM
Level 9

KM "Shilling for CASH!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2013, 05:06:34 PM »

RAMPAGE!

Just saying...

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2013, 05:28:14 PM »

Oh I'm sorry that I seemed to have made you feel bad. By my earlier comment, I meant that all the graphics don't really fit well together, like someone said above. If you made it more collage like it would work better. Sorry again

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
Disthron
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2013, 02:55:54 AM »

Oh I'm sorry that I seemed to have made you feel bad. By my earlier comment, I meant that all the graphics don't really fit well together, like someone said above. If you made it more collage like it would work better. Sorry again

That's fine, like I said before. I should have come here a long time ago and gotten help to improve my game. I had a lot of learning to do and I guess it shows in the graphics.

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2013, 03:29:32 AM »

Here's a better art reference for you HTH

Disthron
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2013, 09:03:17 AM »

Yea, Attack of the 50ft woman was a the inspiration for the monster of the game. I wanted to do something other than the usual giant bug or Godzilla rip off. Although a Godzilla rip off dose appear as an enemy.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic