Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411921 Posts in 69432 Topics- by 58480 Members - Latest Member: panelo

June 11, 2024, 12:27:18 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallSentris: Compositional Musical Puzzles
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Sentris: Compositional Musical Puzzles  (Read 354 times)
SamanthaZero
Level 0

Subdivisional

View Profile WWW
« on: October 24, 2013, 01:03:58 PM »

Hey everyone, I don't get to come by TIGSource as much as I'd like to. I've been cranking away on work for a very long time now. My experiences here have always been good. Actually I still want to re-skin Accelematrix into an awesome party game.

Thought I would drop by and mention that I've been working on a new kind of music game that allows everyone who plays to make their own music. A couple of years ago I explored this same idea with a game called Sen, and now I've taken it further and it's evolved into Sentris. I'm really trying to make a game that is as simple and addictive as Tetris while letting everyone make their own unique song as they play. The old version of Sen had a lot of problems, and I've been iterating and play testing Sentris as a full time job all summer. During PAX I was able to show it off at the Seattle Indies Expo, and I was surprised at how many people liked it. So I decided to keep moving forward and launched a kickstarter campaign for it. Those of you who don't want to look at the kickstarter, I've also posted the video to Youtube.

The video explains why I'm making it -- I felt creatively blocked making music for years, and with the help of musician friends I eventually moved through it. I think a lot of people want to make music but don't know how or don't even try, and I'm making Sentris for them. I also think there is a huge opportunity for the game to be used in classrooms as a music theory teaching tool in K-12. I wish I'd had fun games that taught me things when I was little!

For the next month I'm going to be doing more videos explaining the progress, history, and vision of Sentris for everybody. The campaign is going really well and has more ground to cover before I can continue it as a full-time job and grow the team. I've had a really awesome experience meeting so many indies from around the world and slowly integrating into the community. Thanks to everyone for your support over the years, it's been there when I needed it.

<3,
Samantha
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic