Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411493 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 08:07:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralHOLY SHIT GUYS HALF LIFE 1
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: HOLY SHIT GUYS HALF LIFE 1  (Read 6438 times)
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2008, 07:57:08 AM »

I am stuck in the Lambda Reactor Core  Cry
cyber95
Level 5

The Computer is your friend.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2008, 08:10:59 AM »

S'always where I get stuck, too. Remember: Grenades are your friends. Get to where you need to be to activate the oxygen, fuel, and power so you can use the Test Fire button,  and get rid of that mofo.

pen
Level 8

babyman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2008, 08:31:41 AM »

While we're on the subject, I've got an extra copy of half-life 2, have anyone of you gents not played it yet? Well, hello there!

PLEASE. I need it, now that my computer has a RAM upgrade! I would be so happy Tears of Joy
What's your steam ID then? (oh, and to anyone who's in the TIGgroup: could I get an invite to the TIGgroup? The handle is "Pen", easily found if you search for the group "powerful legs" and look through its short memberlist.)
I'm "Hedious". Smiley
I can't seem to find your steam ID, I'll just send it to your e-mail (the one in your profile) Smiley

I AM FREE!
hroon
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2008, 09:19:03 AM »

Great offer. I bought it again since my original game is linked to my brothers account.

Anyone else want a free HL2 btw?

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2008, 10:21:55 AM »

While we're on the subject, I've got an extra copy of half-life 2, have anyone of you gents not played it yet? Well, hello there!

PLEASE. I need it, now that my computer has a RAM upgrade! I would be so happy Tears of Joy
What's your steam ID then? (oh, and to anyone who's in the TIGgroup: could I get an invite to the TIGgroup? The handle is "Pen", easily found if you search for the group "powerful legs" and look through its short memberlist.)
I'm "Hedious". Smiley
I can't seem to find your steam ID, I'll just send it to your e-mail (the one in your profile) Smiley

Awesome, huge thanks Smiley

EDIT: Also, bought Hl1.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 12:21:10 PM by Hideous » Logged

Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2008, 12:50:25 PM »

Anyone else want a free HL2 btw?
Well, hello there!
Radnom
Level 8

BANNED

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2008, 12:50:42 PM »

Nice 'n cheap. Like all 10 year old games should be!

Also, can someone invite me to the Steam group please? I'm Radnom, can't be too hard to find. Thanks.

hroon
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2008, 01:09:09 PM »

ok - cheater what's your steam id?

Also, can anyone invite me to the steam group please? My id is myd

Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2008, 01:26:31 PM »

ok - cheater what's your steam id?
Well this is kinda the first time I actually have a reason to get steam. Install it's done and it's updating. I'll post it soon.

Edit: This is the slowest update of my life.

Editedit: I'm tempted to call Steam the buggiest piece of  Angry I have ever used. Randomly quitting and stopping downloads without any kind of error is not cool.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 02:35:14 PM by Cheater » Logged
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2008, 03:34:08 PM »

S'always where I get stuck, too. Remember: Grenades are your friends. Get to where you need to be to activate the oxygen, fuel, and power so you can use the Test Fire button,  and get rid of that mofo.
You mean that green thing?
Naw Im long past that.

I'm in a room with a bit of water in it, and theres a yellow (reactor?) thingie in the middle. Theres a hatch with a valve next to it (underwater) on both the left and right side of it.

Behind me is the long underwater pipe I have entered the room through.

I am supposed to flood both tanks or something, but each time I use a valve, it spins back after a few moments.
I cant seem to turn it any further, and I can't use it again until it spinned back.

I have tried quickly spinning the valve on the other side before the first vavle spins back, but either that's the solution and I just really suck or that doesn't do anything.

Sad
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2008, 03:41:09 PM »

For some odd reason, HL1 lags a lot on my laptop. I must play it on my desktop tomorrow.

battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2008, 03:43:21 PM »

Oh also someone pleeeeaase invite me to the steam group!?  Kiss

My ID is "monsoonmoonson"
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2008, 04:14:35 PM »

Sad Update keeps restarting. I think it's timing out but this fucking thing won't even give me an error message.
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2008, 06:20:02 PM »

Sad Update keeps restarting. I think it's timing out but this fucking thing won't even give me an error message.
Angry F Angry u Angry c Angry k Angry i Angry t Angry. How big is an updated steam? Could anyone upload to some filesharing site? Apparently it's everything but your games' files in the steam folder. Hopefully it won't be too big Sad.

I think the best thing I got out of trying to fix this problem is Valve's solution to being unable to update... distributed in an update.
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2008, 06:23:10 PM »

Hmm, it should only take about few minutes. I just reinstalled Steam recently and it went off without a hitch. The best thing I can say is uninstall and reinstall.

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2008, 06:28:55 PM »

Hmm, it should only take about few minutes. I just reinstalled Steam recently and it went off without a hitch. The best thing I can say is uninstall and reinstall.
Nope. I have been trying for 10 and half hours. Gets to around 1/3 of the update, then reverts to 0% or exits.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2008, 10:33:53 PM »

Steam can be a real cow with its updates.

Also, I too have a gift HL2 if anybody wants it.

And can someone invite me to the Steam group? My name is chutup, as always.

mrfredman
Level 4

off on an adventure

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2008, 11:15:39 PM »

Im having some issues too, I just DLed it this morning and it runs fine until I go to pick up the crowbar for the first time, at which point it quits to the menu. Its really weird, I've rebooted and reinstalled and everything and it still does it, I'm pretty annoyed.

Online works fine and I'd love to play. Again for people begging for invites to the steam group. The secret is to PM lowpoly and ask, hes the admin of the group and he'll let you in. I just doubt he combs through threads looking for people to invite.
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2008, 11:17:55 PM »

Good old WON version of Half-Life, you didn't have to worry about Steam messing up when it updates.
Renton
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2008, 12:59:35 AM »

Also, I too have a gift HL2 if anybody wants it.
ME ME! Or am I too late?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic