Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 04:57:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralGames you REALLY dislike / hate
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: Games you REALLY dislike / hate  (Read 32053 times)
Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2008, 04:30:35 AM »

And I remain dubious about LBP. The sackboys seem to crawl at the slowest pace I've seen in a platformer. It's hard to have fun when your character can't progress through anything quickly at all. The main problem with it is that it seems like a game in which it is more fun to create levels, and not as fun to play them. It causes some sort of crazy inflation, where you have a billion levels online that you can play, and you don't play them because it's more fun to just build your own level and put it online.

From what I've played, it really is kind of the opposite. Playing a quick level with other people (there's even a Quick Play button) can be quite fun, especially since there are some pretty good levels out there, but I found level CREATION to be a really tedious task that requires a LOT of time and dedication. In essence, I found that the time that is required to make a good level in LBP is better spent working on my own games.
Lucaz
Level 6

Indier than thou

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2008, 06:56:46 AM »

I hate games that forget they're games.

Most JRPGs and MMORPGs, Diablo and so on.

I barely played MMORPGS and it was incredible boring. I liked Diablo, but Diablo II sucks balls. The last episode couldn't be more repetitive and boring.

I usually don't like JRPGs, but I can play them if there is nothing else around. I liked the few I played from Earthbound, and enjoyed Final Fantasy Legend III, mutations are great. I had thought of playing FF7, but the screenshots convinced me to leave it.

battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2008, 07:17:13 AM »

Terranigma Huh? Fuck Terranigma.

There's a bunch of Terranigma fans around here so you're going to get some crap for that.
Indeed  Evil

Haha, oh well. I know it's pacing is somewhat off at times, the story is kind of convoluted (spelling Huh?) and to this day I have no idea if Yomi was evil, if there were two Yomis or where the fuck that evil scientist dude came from all of a sudden.

The magic system is kind of pointless, too.

But the atmosphere, combat system, music and yes, graphics, are still awe-inspiring to me  Beer!

Oh well, this is not the "defend your game" thread.

I hate Diablo. And Diablo 2.  Tired
Biggerfish
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2008, 07:21:02 AM »

FFX. Horrible piece of shit how could you even finish it let alone vote it the most moving game ever fuck you internet grrrrrrr.

I played the GBA Kingdom hearts game and remember enjoying it.
I liked that one but couldn't bring myself to finishing the ps2 version. I keep thinking I should if not just to fight those super-hard Colloseum battles.
The-Imp
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2008, 07:35:21 AM »

Soul Calibur 4
Bullshit.

They could've polished it more, but all they had on their minds was this:

Can't wait to see Soul Calibur five's Ivy.
 Well, hello there!

Oh, I dislike Halo 3, DISLIKE. I just think it's kinda boring.
But Gears of War, now THATS a shooter. Current-gen of course, I haven't really played many shooters from the last few generations.
TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2008, 07:36:48 AM »

It would be cool if you, guys, would post at least few sentences on why you hate your picks. It could be quite interesting to read, especially for games that are widely considered great. Who knows, maybe some surprizing game design insights could come out of this? Otherwise it's just: "-I hate oranges! -And I hate apples!" thread.

For example: I would really like to know what people don't like about the Diablo series.

Quote from: The-Imp
In Soul Calibur 5 Ivy won't be a character. She's going to be an arena!

Tom Grochowiak
MoaCube | Twitter | Facebook
The-Imp
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2008, 07:41:32 AM »

It would be cool if you, guys, would post at least few sentences on why you hate your picks. It could be quite interesting to read, especially for games that are widely considered great. Who knows, maybe some surprizing game design insights could come out of this? Otherwise it's just: "-I hate oranges! -And I hate apples!" thread.

For example: I would really like to know what people don't like about the Diablo series.

Quote from: The-Imp
In Soul Calibur 5 Ivy won't be a character. She's going to be an arena!

:D
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2008, 07:48:56 AM »

Ah, Final Fantasy. I love the old Final Fantasy games (well, some of them: 1 and 4 to be precise) but man, nowadays you can't go 20 minutes in those games without a damn cutscene. Final Fantasy XII was one of the worst when it came to that. I like story in my games but I really don't want to watch a movie.

Anarchy Online has to be one of the worst games I have played. That game was so buggy and lagged so much. I just couldn't wrap my head around why someone would play that piece of garbage. Most MMOs in general are like that actually. I think I would just like to lump them all in together as generally shitty games (with the exception of Guild Wars). I can't see why anyone would want to grind and grind for the life of me. The sad part is WOW is the best of the grind heavy MMOs and there really isn't much more to it than that. At least Anarchy Online didn't charge $15 bucks a month.

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

alright, let's see what we can see

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2008, 07:49:34 AM »

Mario 64. I don't know why I hate it. Since it came out and now still, I hate how it looks, how it plays and how it sounds.

http://polycode.org/ - Free, cross-platform, open-source engine.
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2008, 07:51:35 AM »

I would really like to know what people don't like about the Diablo series.
Well, to me it is just a pointless grind.

The "carrot on a stick" (/level up + 'phat lewt') trick.

The core gameplay is just not fun to me, and adding better items and tougher enemies doesn't improve it one bit.
Lucaz
Level 6

Indier than thou

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2008, 07:55:10 AM »

I can't talk about Diablo I, I played it too much time ago and I liked it. But Diablo II is really bad mostly 'cause of the repetitive gameplay, the excesive reuse of enemies and places, and being way too long. Also the always increasing size of the enemy waves starts boring. In the last episode the enemies are still pushovers, but they choke you with their corpses.

[...]I think I would just like to lump them all in together as generally shitty games (with the exception of Guild Wars)[...]

What has Guild Wars different from other MMORPGs? I've heard of it, but nothing specific.

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2008, 08:01:57 AM »

[...]I think I would just like to lump them all in together as generally shitty games (with the exception of Guild Wars)[...]

What has Guild Wars different from other MMORPGs? I've heard of it, but nothing specific.

First of all they really eliminate the grind mainly due to the fact that you can only really get to level 20. Instead of focusing on leveling up the focus is more on gaining new skills/abilities to be used in PvP. The whole games focus is mainly PvP so hence the title of the game. The PvE campaign is more akin to playing through a single player RPG really. Albeit one that can be played with others online. The only thing that is bad about the PvE is the fact that the world is not persistent so it is sort of difficult to get a team together to go dungeon running but if your in a active guild you don't have to worry about that. It's not necessarily incredibly different from all MMOs but it takes the best parts of them (PvP and dungeon running in my opinion) and streamlines them.

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2008, 08:02:35 AM »

I would really like to know what people don't like about the Diablo series.
Well, to me it is just a pointless grind.

The "carrot on a stick" (/level up + 'phat lewt') trick.

The core gameplay is just not fun to me, and adding better items and tougher enemies doesn't improve it one bit.

I can't talk about Diablo I, I played it too much time ago and I liked it. But Diablo II is really bad mostly 'cause of the repetitive gameplay, the excesive reuse of enemies and places, and being way too long. Also the always increasing size of the enemy waves starts boring. In the last episode the enemies are still pushovers, but they choke you with their corpses.

Thanks.

Quote from: Lucaz

First of all, Guild Wars had no level grind and 'maxed' level and items could be gotten in about one day of playing. It even allowed you to created maxed out characters for PvP only.
Second, it allowed you to change your character on flight any way you like (except your main class), with skills system being more like building a deck for MtG rather than RPG character development.
Third, it had really good PvP modes making it a bit like MtG + CounterStrike + DoTA. With interesting strategy element and skill-based gameplay that actually attracted lots of competitive players and pro-gamers. It also had some cool co-op PvE content for those who prefer it that was pretty much skill-based too.
Fourth, you could jump into the game for twenty minutes, play few arena matches, have fun, jump out.

And then it got large, unbalanced and bloated with unnecessary features (something has to come with the expansions). Just like any other MMO. Was fun while it lasted  Tears of Joy.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 08:06:58 AM by TeeGee » Logged

Tom Grochowiak
Annabelle Kennedy
Awesomesauce
Level 8

♥Android Love♥

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2008, 08:11:07 AM »

it took me a really long time to think of it but i knew there was something in the back of my mind.. anyways

guitar hero and rock band irritate me... i know its like great 'party games' or whatever but im just sick of it.... theres gotta be other fun games that cna work iin that enviornment that just haven't been discovered yet.

guitar hero *really* irritates me rock band not as much but both i dont like.
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2008, 08:16:02 AM »

And then it got large, unbalanced and bloated with unnecessary features (something has to come with the expansions). Just like any other MMO. Was fun while it lasted  Tears of Joy.

Luckily I haven't gotten that far yet. I still have the vanilla Guild Wars. I heard that Factions and Nightfall were still pretty good but that Eye of the North really stunk the place up.

TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2008, 08:21:45 AM »

Luckily I haven't gotten that far yet. I still have the vanilla Guild Wars. I heard that Factions and Nightfall were still pretty good but that Eye of the North really stunk the place up.

Each of the expansions were pretty good on it's own merit. It's them all combined, along with general updates and changes, that made the game less and less fun. It was a slow process, I definitely couldn't name one things and say: "This. This killed Guild Wars".

Tom Grochowiak
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2008, 08:23:32 AM »

Yeah, that's unfortunate. Well, I guess I'll just stick with the original anyways. I only pop on occasionally to play a random arena match or two most of the time I play it.

cyber95
Level 5

The Computer is your friend.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2008, 08:27:27 AM »

Rock and Roll Adventures, Ninjabread Man, and pretty much anything else ever made by Data Design Interactive.  They should really just stop making games.

I'm pretty sure it's universally unanimous on this opinion, though.

Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2008, 08:30:45 AM »

it took me a really long time to think of it but i knew there was something in the back of my mind.. anyways

guitar hero and rock band irritate me... i know its like great 'party games' or whatever but im just sick of it.... theres gotta be other fun games that cna work iin that enviornment that just haven't been discovered yet.

guitar hero *really* irritates me rock band not as much but both i dont like.
Man, I love Rock Band 2. I have spent a billion hours playing GH, GH 2, Rock Band and Rock Band 2. I think Harmonix has the best idea, of making a "musical platform" of increasing polish. The way they allow you to play all the Rock Band 1 games on Rock Band 2 is cool, and the downloadable content is massive.

But I am irritated by the lack of new innovation. The only thing my friends and I think about when we play it is the lack of a keyboard player. If the Vocalist had the option of playing the synth while he wasn't singing (or even if the Synth player were a standalone part), it would be really cool. I'm also annoyed by how Harmonix and Neversoft always insist that every song included has all four parts in it. If they included songs that didn't have vocals, or drums, or guitar or base, they could make the game more fun for groups with less than four people. It would also encourage people to switch instruments more often.
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2008, 08:37:37 AM »

I don't hate any game I've played. I dislike a couple, but since I don't like them I've never gotten far enough to actually see if it gets better or I get to hate it.

Also, MUDs are MMOs to people!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic