Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411433 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58418 Members - Latest Member: Pix_RolleR

April 20, 2024, 06:14:08 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGreedy Guns - Gunstar Heroes + metroidvania (4y in the making. Coming Sept 1st!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Print
Author Topic: Greedy Guns - Gunstar Heroes + metroidvania (4y in the making. Coming Sept 1st!  (Read 33820 times)
migrafael
Level 3

Making games, two at a time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: January 21, 2015, 07:24:31 AM »

We've been rushing to get the map ready for the demo next week. Afonso is creating a map editor in unity. Not to be mistaken with a level editor. That's tiled2D Smiley

The map is going to look something like this

Now to tweak tiled2D so it can add smaller decorations automatically. Really need to start adding more content to the game but not before we finish these details.

Also been thinking if it would be of any interest to twitch some of the dev process. I tried it with my previous laptop and it didn't work so well. Will keep doing it for a while and see if people like it. It will be mostly art making and level design.

On STEAM »
migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: January 22, 2015, 01:05:23 PM »

We have been streamlining the way decorations are added to each level, which makes it faster (and more fun) to add detail to the levels. Here's a quick before and after decorations:

after

Also had time to do something I've been meaning to try since I played guacameele. Animated light shafts:

I worte a small rant on the subject on our blog if you care to read it. It mostly about the unity3d + Tiled2d combo and stuff. Just a small rant mind you Tongue

On STEAM »
Pastywhite
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: January 22, 2015, 01:17:59 PM »

You had me at "inspired by Gunstar Heroes". I love that game and this certainly looks like a great project. THe artwork is phenomenal and it looks to have great gameplay mechanics. Excellent job.

Check out our MMORPG project at https://www.patreon.com/ghostmantis
migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: February 10, 2015, 07:57:05 AM »

You had me at "inspired by Gunstar Heroes". I love that game and this certainly looks like a great project. THe artwork is phenomenal and it looks to have great gameplay mechanics. Excellent job.

Thanks a million! We're are updating every website under our name to get everything ready for the release of the free demo/beta.

I've added a small character bio to the website for starters.

also made some gifs just to spice the page up.

Holocorp is the ubiquitous corporation that pays for your mercenary services. it also sells you the guns Tongue

So exited to finally having ppl all over the world trying it out!

On STEAM »
Paul
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 11, 2015, 03:24:47 AM »

We're are updating every website under our name to get everything ready for the release of the free demo/beta.

Looking forward to the demo, the art and animations are looking pretty slick!
migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: February 17, 2015, 03:46:43 PM »

The demo is out!!!! :D You can download it on itch.io! I need to go to sleep soon. Tomorrow I'll post some cool stuff, like our new trailer and such. For now here's the itch.io link. PC MAC and LINUX! :D

http://tio-atum.itch.io/greedyguns

On STEAM »
migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: February 18, 2015, 02:23:44 AM »

Yeaaaahhhhh! We got a snappy new

for our new Demo

Now to soak in the feedback and keep building our world. But first I gotta send some emails... A lot of them...

On STEAM »
migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: February 26, 2015, 08:37:35 AM »

The BETA is out on itch.io. Now it's time to gather feedback and fix stuff. While we are at it I'm also doing a ton of concepts to better the BEta and to expand on Greedy Guns world. I usually work a lot on paper before i jump on photoshop.

Hope you like my sketches. Please fell free to comment on them. Pretty please:)

These are earlier sketchs that I glued to the Greedy Guns sketchbook. I really like them. Now that I have more markers the drawings don't feel as simple and clear as these. To much shading maybe Tongue

The new markers at work. Love these Faber-Castell brush markers. Better than copic for thin paper. Much better.

Pyres- what temple is complete without them? Any favorites?

And now for some future enemies. The Guardians. I have to ask again... Any favorites? :D

That was a big one. Hope you liked it. Now back to drawing some stuff.

On STEAM »
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 26, 2015, 09:35:00 AM »

Pyres: bottom third
Guardians: bottom first

Also, the concept art looks amazing!

blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: February 26, 2015, 10:17:30 AM »

I'm rather fond of the concept art. Looks great!

I prefer the left most pyre, and the bottom guardian.

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: February 26, 2015, 10:24:12 AM »

But there's two bottom guardians... Durr...?

siskavard
« Reply #151 on: February 26, 2015, 10:55:17 AM »

loving that concept art
migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: February 26, 2015, 11:45:35 AM »

Pyres: bottom third
Guardians: bottom first

Also, the concept art looks amazing!
Thanks! The bottom first guardian is also a favorite here @tioatum

I'm rather fond of the concept art. Looks great!

I prefer the left most pyre, and the bottom guardian.

Yeah! Thanks! I'll tally the votes :D

Quote from: siskav
ard link=topic=36923.msg1115252#msg1115252 date=1424976917
loving that concept art

WOW! means a lot coming from the master animator himself!

On STEAM »
migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: March 05, 2015, 09:53:39 AM »

Twitch

I'm going to be on Twitch more often now. Not sure when yet or if I should schedule this to specific times each week or just wing it. Today I did this on the stream

It's a turret that opens up and shoots a mighty laser. I feel the art for this is a bit too vulgar but yeah, that's what I did. I mocked up the pieces in a screenshot to test it. I should have probably done this first to make sure they fit the environment. OOPS! Now I'm afraid they have too much perspective. The mockup doesn't help either, I just pasted them there willy nilly Tongue Oh well.

So we got ourselves a cork board to help plan out the new area. We haev two of these. They're really good to help out the rest of the team see where everything is headed.

Concepts

So people seemed to enjoy the concepts I posted last time. Here are a few more. See if you can spot the turret I did today Smiley

I take little notepads everywhere so I can doodle down ideas for the game (or anything else I do @ www.miguelrafael.net

What do you think?

-Is the turret to prespectivy?
-What's you favorite time to watch na art stream? Should I schedule them weekly or maybe make a calendar?
-Should I make a digital art-book with these concepts when the game comes out?
-Why does everyone like cats?

On STEAM »
migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: March 06, 2015, 01:34:38 AM »

New Weapon

Afonso has been working on a new weapon. Some sort of zapping thing.

In the mean time Miguel Cintra has been promoting our game, making music and most important, creating some snappy gifs Tongue

BOOM!

The Swarm

A lot of tweaking is going toward this swarm this month. The art is a bit plain and we want to make it a bit more dangerous.

Next on the list is to keep streaming art on Twitch. I did the turret yesterday and thought about animating it, but then I rememebered a great piece of advice. Do work in big chunks. The more you draw the better and faster you get at it, so bundle your work acordingly. Seems about right so today I'll be doing some decorative set pieces. Eventually I'll animate a bunch of things as well.

On STEAM »
migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: March 09, 2015, 03:33:47 PM »

So I've been doing a lot of Twitch lately. Recorded around 14 hours of work in the last 3 days Tongue I'ts fun to see the whole thing documented.

I've been doing art for a new area, we called it area X. A sort of vertical slice of all the abilities.

From sketch to level

I'll upload a couple of timelapse videos on Youtube tomorrow or so. The first level I made on twitch took me 11 hours to complete with all the art. The second around 3 (it's much simpler but still I'm proud).

This is still WIP. I find these colors too loud and the vegetation absolutely ludicrous, but I like it. It's just like the game, a bit too much on all angles Tongue

Ohhhh and paralax magic uuuuhhhhhhhh  Wizard

Hope to share some videos tomorrow. Art making and showing off the shader experiments Afonso has been making in Greedy Guns. Unity 5 FTW!

On STEAM »
migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: March 11, 2015, 03:54:28 PM »

So i was up for 3 hours doing this enemy on Twitch (

). Got ton of great feedback ad ideas for attacks and all that. now I need some input on colors (my Achilles heel). So, lets vote on this! :D

Which one do you prefer?

I'm sleepy. Will read those replies tommorow morning (if any Tongue) See ya!

On STEAM »
migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: March 14, 2015, 11:21:29 AM »

Been working on this old enemy. Updating the art and animations. Feels much better now.

What's going on here? What is it hiding? Tongue

On STEAM »
migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: March 15, 2015, 06:17:23 AM »

Here's an idle animation i forgot to post yesterday! Today I'll be sorting our my personal projects and then, back to Greedy Guns. Also got to get ready fo AmazeFest still... New cards, demo, pins, and tshirts/sweat shirts to where around Berlin Smiley 

On STEAM »
migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: June 25, 2015, 08:40:01 AM »

IT LIVES

We've been tweaking so much stuff in Greedy Guns. Getting ready for the big beta update and crowdfunding campaingn.

Tweaks to stuff I haven't touched in a year! Here's a couple of gifs. Will resume posting regularly as soon as I get this todo list down to half... Soon hopefully.

Meanwhile you can drop by our twitch channel and follow my shenanigans (art, animation, level design)

Back to Unity!

On STEAM »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic