Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 03:05:41 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGreedy Guns - Gunstar Heroes + metroidvania (4y in the making. Coming Sept 1st!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Print
Author Topic: Greedy Guns - Gunstar Heroes + metroidvania (4y in the making. Coming Sept 1st!  (Read 33832 times)
migrafael
Level 3

Making games, two at a time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: July 09, 2015, 11:49:39 AM »

So i've spent most of the day making a cover for the OST. I spread this pic around social media to get some feedback and thought it was fiting to drop by here also Smiley Let me know if you have a favorite

Also Miguel Cintra just published a new track from the OST ----» Here

Now getting back to work. have some sets and decorations to attend to.

On STEAM »
migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: July 21, 2015, 10:43:31 AM »

Today I was mostly working on the new backgrounds and decor. But after that I couldn't stand the sight of this enemy any more so I gave it a quick makeover. Will try to post a before and after if Afonso doesn't update the project in the meantime Tongue 

If you played the demo you know this scene. New background!

Also added these platforms, so it was a good day Smiley

On STEAM »
migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: July 22, 2015, 01:43:45 AM »

I've done this a while back but only now did we get to make some gifs. It's one of the characters influenced by a speed bubble. Now back to refurbishing the Demo levels...

On STEAM »
jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: July 22, 2015, 03:13:21 AM »

Wow the palettes in this game are marvellous! Is there a specific process you go through when selecting the colours used?

migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: July 22, 2015, 05:12:57 AM »

Wow the palettes in this game are marvellous! Is there a specific process you go through when selecting the colours used?

Wow thanks! The process is a lot of trial and error. Some times things make it to the game and just look wrong against enemies and the bullets. So I tweak colors a bit in unity3d and then take those changes to photoshop.

I usually color using Color Layers with masks, so it's easier to change a color. Just double click and select a new one Tongue Also recently I added some actions bound to f2 and F3 just to help me color faster ----»Vine example

Colors are the think I get the most scared about. When ppl told me they like it I was super happy. I always had a hard time choosing good colors... Guess I learned from so much trying :D

On STEAM »
migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: July 27, 2015, 02:39:57 PM »

Today i made a new crystal bunch forthe first level live on Twitch.

What do you think?

On STEAM »
siskavard
« Reply #166 on: July 27, 2015, 05:02:10 PM »

Whoa! I gotta say, I prefer the first one!

I don't know how much feedback you're looking for, but the first one's shapes feel more iconic (I'm assuming they're a pickup) & might be more readable at a smaller size.
migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: July 27, 2015, 11:55:39 PM »

Whoa! I gotta say, I prefer the first one!

I don't know how much feedback you're looking for, but the first one's shapes feel more iconic (I'm assuming they're a pickup) & might be more readable at a smaller size.

Ooops... If you say so then I just lost a lot of time ...   Facepalm

I say this because you are one heck of an artist, so you should know. But it is not a pickable, it's a barrier that keeps you from progressing until you can shatter them.

Here a pic with a character for scale

On STEAM »
migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: February 10, 2016, 08:58:09 AM »

Wow. Been busy lately. Today I'm Working on this guy again. Just finishing up the art for it.

Today the gifs came out a bit slow... Don't know why

Also have been working in new promotional stuff in small sips. The new banners will look kinda like this

What do you all think?

I'll go buy some bread while you reply. I'm hungry Tongue

On STEAM »
migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: February 11, 2016, 03:50:03 AM »

So this morning i spent 45 minutes just doing color variations... Ouch. I'm really bad with colors, I like them to pop but sometimes i get things in circus-on-acid mode. Going to give it a rest and work on the mockups of a boss fight. FUN STUFF.

To bad I don't want to share those. To much of a spoiler :D

On STEAM »
migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: February 13, 2016, 03:56:43 AM »

Taking a bit of Saturday, since my girlfriend is taking a stroll with her mother, to get some more work donne on the banner.

The lines are guides for Facebook, twitter, etc. I want to make sure all the elements fit in the several ratios. Also gonna make them easy to shift around (smart objects) so I can easily tweak for each ratio.

Now back to coloring! :D wish me luck

On STEAM »
migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: March 02, 2016, 06:41:33 AM »

Finally got time to make the header/box art thingy. I lost the psd file cause I was working on ONEDRiVE and apparently it doesnt save versions... Will never stop using dropbox now. 11 hours of work lost. Oh well, here's a final rendition of it. What do you think?

Also made a square one.

What do you all think?

Next stop. A thousand gifs and a million level design tweaks...

On STEAM »
migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: March 17, 2016, 06:17:39 AM »

It's the first time we added some missiles to actual enemies. up until here they only shot some sort of energy shots. Turns out the old missile really looks crappy when slow moving. It's just stands there. When the player shoots it it looks alright, it's way to fast to notice.

Old missile here:

New thingy in motion:

It might be to bright for a missile. Maybe darker? What do you think?

On STEAM »
migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: March 22, 2016, 03:21:48 AM »

Well, I had one of those nights where you just have to make something cool in your game. No more spreadsheets, tweaks and other crap. Just something super cool. So I made a flamethrower. Not that I need more weapons to mess up the balance, but hey, flames.

It still needs some work. I'm using some placeholder "bullets" that need a proper fire animation. But this is good for a laugh now

Also nee to fix the walk in those big enemies. They need more rythm

On STEAM »
bclikesyou
« Reply #174 on: March 22, 2016, 05:52:36 AM »

Yo that flamethrower is great! It's the kinda flamethrower that would make me want to yell when I use it. RRRAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: March 22, 2016, 06:54:34 AM »

Yo that flamethrower is great! It's the kinda flamethrower that would make me want to yell when I use it. RRRAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

You can yell all you want. I know I do, and my neighbors hate me for it Tongue

On STEAM »
Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 25, 2016, 11:47:28 AM »

Well, I had one of those nights where you just have to make something cool in your game. No more spreadsheets, tweaks and other crap.
It are moments like these that some great ideas are born, I'm glad you went with it  Beer!

migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: May 26, 2016, 11:12:52 AM »

Well, I had one of those nights where you just have to make something cool in your game. No more spreadsheets, tweaks and other crap.
It are moments like these that some great ideas are born, I'm glad you went with it  Beer!

Thanks! But I'm back to spreadsheets now Tongue Working really hard for a Kickstarter on the 31st!  Coffee

On STEAM »
migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: June 01, 2016, 07:07:02 AM »

So, crazy last few days. We just wen't up on Kickstarter and are nearing 50% in little over a day!  Beer!

What? I had to plug it!! :D

We lined up a ton of reveals of new content - that's why the silence here on the forum.A lot of emails a lot of stuff to make it look pretty. If you go up on the kickstarter page you'll be able to download a DEMO for PC/MAC/LINUX - already squashed a Linux bug, so that's also good. 

I'll let you guess what will be the next enemy we're going to reveal Tongue

We've also been pushing out some cool gifs ofthe game. Unfortunalty most of the game is just placeholder art.. My bad I guess Tongue At least we got to give the old Flamethrower a test spin.

On STEAM »
migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: June 15, 2016, 02:41:37 AM »

We are at E3! Sort of Tongue

Wow, kickstarter is going great and we lucked out and got the change to be at E3 thanks to Itch.io!Well, not us but the game. It's going to be played at the Devolver + Xsplit stage!  More about that here!

First Reveal of the Campaign

We've also revealed 2 secret bosses, who are actually made in a couple of great youtuber friends liking. They are secret and hidden in secret areas

We are running a fan art contest for the game to reveal the next enemy. Already got some stellar entries. Will be sharing those soon! :D

On STEAM »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic