Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411419 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 17, 2024, 07:47:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGreedy Guns - Gunstar Heroes + metroidvania (4y in the making. Coming Sept 1st!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Print
Author Topic: Greedy Guns - Gunstar Heroes + metroidvania (4y in the making. Coming Sept 1st!  (Read 33816 times)
migrafael
Level 3

Making games, two at a time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2013, 02:12:16 PM »

Thanks guys!

@DanDecarlo - yeah. More Fx and decorative objects are coming. Right now I want to focus on enemy animations and a bit of flare here and there. You know, muzzle flashes and particles.

@NoobsArePeople2 - I think I over did the swinging arm. Will put it on the to-tweak-list.

On STEAM »
migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2013, 08:42:38 AM »

Animating one of these today. Not sure which one. Thank lord for spine. That way I can animate any of them and then change the art. Not to much though, everything has to be in the same place. Decisions decisions... 

On STEAM »
JoeManaco
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2013, 09:04:50 AM »

Wow. You're game looks awesome. Loving the art style.

migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2013, 11:22:39 AM »

Thanks! Glad you like it :D

Here are those concepts with some ruff animations made in spine. Doing a 4 legged animal without IK locking is pretty tough. Hope they add it in the new version. 

Walking about

Who's that?!?

Run attack!

On STEAM »
Samuelboucher
Level 0

The only way out is through

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2013, 12:33:47 PM »

Really like the art!

Konidias
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2013, 12:48:58 PM »

I think maybe one way to improve the forward shooting animation is to put both his hands on the gun... unless you are reserving his other hand for something else. I agree that the "looking back" while shooting animation looks fine.

Also some recoil would help a lot. I realize the gun is automatic so it's firing very fast, but you could add just a tiny bit of kick back to his arm/wrist to show the gun has some firing power. Right now it's just like he's spraying a water hose.

Also having him use both hands on the gun would strengthen the appearance that the gun is powerful. When it comes to shooting guns, it's all about the full experience of firing a powerful weapon. Even if the gun is like the dinky basic gun you get by default.

migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2013, 03:27:25 PM »

I think maybe one way to improve the forward shooting animation is to put both his hands on the gun(...)

Wow, that's pretty detailed feedback thanks! Both hands on the gun? I was afraid it my cover his face to much. It's definitively easier to get just that one arm rotating towards the mouse cursor. So its both laziness and artistry that keeps both hand off the gun Tongue

I'll be adding a muzzle flash soon to give it more kick. Actual kickback on the arm should be pretty easy to add. Going to put that one under the "polish" section in our todo list :D

Really like the art!

Thanks man. Nothing beats those heads of yours but I try.

On STEAM »
migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2013, 12:38:30 PM »

Now in color. Added color for the player. Also darkened the tiles. Like the browns hate the greens. Teed to make the top a lighter tone.

Roll to evade enemies

Run and shoot anywhere

Scream your lungs out

Tomorrow I'll start adding decorations to the atlas so I can decorate future levels.

On STEAM »
migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2013, 10:18:08 AM »

Been doing some decorations to make the levels a little  (just a little) less boring.

Now I need to focus on gameplay stuff and some polish like enemy animations. Make this thing playable and fun by the end of January if all goes well.

What do you all think? Feedback welcomed

On STEAM »
migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2013, 03:33:56 PM »

Did a timelapse video of me animating the big lizard in spine. Maybe some of you will find it interesting. Considering doing some tutorials on it as well. Just for kicks.

On STEAM »
migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2013, 09:18:51 AM »

Needed a bouncing enemy to cut the player's vertical freedom. Doing these RIGHT NOW! What do you think?

Going to make smaller versions of this beast as well.

On STEAM »
migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2014, 09:40:26 AM »

It's been 3 weeks since the last update. I've moved out and into Afonso's apartment for the time being so Tio Atum is now living together.

Living and working together! What can go wrong?  Droop

Here's a gif of a new enemy (WIP art). We are adding a bunch of new enemies and other gameplay related stuff that I'll be showing soon.

Notice that the little guys run away when you scream!

On STEAM »
NoobsArePeople2
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2014, 12:09:31 PM »

Digging the stream of bullets. Looks really great!
karlozalb
Level 5

Do or do not.There is no try.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2014, 01:39:54 PM »

Those monsters are amazing  Beer!
migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2014, 11:43:13 AM »

Those monsters are amazing  Beer!

Thanks! It really means a lot to me. Always a bit scared since I've never done anything quite like it.

Digging the stream of bullets. Looks really great!

Hehehehe, you ain't seen nothing yet! This is going to be insane!

Now for some updates. We've been adding a bunch of enemies. 11 total! We're still tweaking a ton of stuff and they're all in placeholder art. I'll be showing them throughout the coming week for sure.

Here's a quick peek at one of them, the Flying Armored Eggplant! Deadly!!

There's really a lot of stuff to show, I just didn't have the time to screencap it all.

Oh by the way, really happy with Tio Atum reaching 2000 followers on facebook before 2014 :D

On STEAM »
migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2014, 01:36:43 AM »

Today I'll be coloring these and maybe animating them.

The first one is a retake on the original walker spitter that I don't like that much anymore. The trumpet makes it look too silly for my taste

On STEAM »
migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2014, 04:19:00 AM »

I'm at 120% today. Already got the assets, now for the flying enemies. Will try to work only on art first then animation. Following the advice of a illustrator friend of ours - work in batches to maximize your efficiency - which is hard for me cause I tend to avoid repetitive tasks.

On STEAM »
migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2014, 11:20:55 AM »

Wow, the whole day is gone and I only managed to color these. Oh well, at least Afonso got a lot of things done on the programming side of things.

And the dreaded killer flying pears. Full of deadly vitamins.

Welcome us in Berlim

By February we should have a nice demo to take around Europe to show.  We would love to take Greedy Guns to events like A Maze in Berlim or anywhere with a nice community where we can hookup our laptops and work.

On STEAM »
migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2014, 07:32:08 AM »

New Enemy Animations

Just a quick vine of what I'm doing today. Will get a couple of Gifs going and post later in the day.

https://t.co/VBckgb48wJ

On STEAM »
migrafael
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2014, 03:03:27 PM »

Check out some new animations. What do you think?

Walking. The slight pause is an issue while exporting from spine.

Idle

Death!

Sketches

I've also been sketching a lot. I'll need to increase my skilz before I start making some boss fights, cutscenes and promo material.

Trying to get a mood going

Some facial expressions

I need to work more on creating scenes for my characters. I though having Bob on a hover bike would be nice. Ended up making an off-road Scooter. Not by best idea ever - makes very little sense for the character. Tongue

On STEAM »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic