Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 09:06:29 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArtWorkshopHUD halp
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: HUD halp  (Read 967 times)
Ant
« on: November 03, 2013, 01:15:57 PM »

Hello, my HUD sucks.

This is how it currently looks. Stamina/Thirst bars in the middle, a sundial in the bottom left and seasondial in the bottom right. There's also status/weather effects that pop in/out shown in the top right (which I have to hide when there's dialogue or menus so not ideal).

I don't think it looks particularly good and I really don't like the sun/seasondials so I've been trying to figure out some alternatives.

This one has the status effects included in the bar, though there are a fair amount of times when no effects are active (and potentially some rare times when there's more than 5 active) so I fear it may look a little naff. I don't necessarily need the sun/seasondials but I would prefer the sundial somewhere if I can make a version that's better than the current one. I definitely don't really need the seasondial.

Slightly more slimline one for less intrusion I dunno.

I'm not really sure which direction to take. I like how the second one includes the status/weather effects in the bar, though I'd like to get in a sundial somewhere, just not the one in the first pic. I'll have a play around with some alternate sundials, though I guess if needs be I could do something else, such as a button that allows you to look to the heavens to see where the sun is in the sky.
DanDecarlo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 02:28:00 PM »

Second one is better, but it's hard to say without knowing what the game is about. I think that the HUD and interface could be non-pixelated, and more detailed with shadows and outlines.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic