Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 11:24:27 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBurglar
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Burglar  (Read 16768 times)
Taber
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2013, 07:23:43 PM »

Nope, no Kickstarter! I'm fully employed and doing this on the side so I'm funding out of pocket for the fun and love of it! We'll be going for Steam Greenlight when it's in a reasonable state and near to completion. We might set up a website and donation button for people who want to be really generous but fundraising should really be an issue for this project. Hand Money Left Well, hello there! Hand Money Right

ninspriterx
Level 0

You can call me Nin.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2013, 07:32:03 PM »

I can imagine this game having a lot of replay value per level because of the concept. Especially if levels are intriguing enough, people would wanting to be able to finish levels as fast as they can. Leaderboard system maybe?

Check out the dev log!
ephoete
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2013, 02:14:08 PM »

That's a fantastic concept! Very funny chara-design, game design overall actually... and you're perfectly dealing with the handling of the light sources in pixel art, gorgeous.

Check out my Soundcloud! https://soundcloud.com/edgar-phoete
Gorman
Level 0

hnnnggg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2013, 02:21:08 AM »

this sounds magical.

Miguelito
Level 4

makes graphics

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2013, 10:27:05 AM »

That is some capital pixel art you have there. You have a wonderful eye for colors!

This particularly I find completely spectacular!
I'd love to see more, please post whenever you have time!

(← new art twitter)
Taber
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2013, 09:27:44 AM »

Thanks guys for all of the interest so far! My weekly dev meeting has been pushed back from Friday to Monday this week, so here are a couple of filler animations to look at in the mean-time. Gameplay video coming soon!

Also Thanks Miguelito for the compliment! It means a lot coming from you since I've really enjoyed looking at your past work!

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2013, 09:51:57 AM »

Cool!
I downloaded Gamer Maker a few days ago and I've been trying to make sprites and animate them, so I can really appreciate those wonderful animations of yours

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
Blambo
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2013, 10:14:05 AM »

Thanks guys for all of the interest so far! My weekly dev meeting has been pushed back from Friday to Monday this week, so here are a couple of filler animations to look at in the mean-time. Gameplay video coming soon!

Also Thanks Miguelito for the compliment! It means a lot coming from you since I've really enjoyed looking at your past work!

The fourth one looks like he's doing air kicks. Maybe bend the straight leg or straighten the bent leg outwards?
Miguelito
Level 4

makes graphics

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2013, 11:24:51 AM »

If #4 is doing an extremely distracted or panicked run, how about rotating his head a quarter circle clockwise?  Grin

(← new art twitter)
Taber
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2013, 09:30:04 AM »

If #4 is doing an extremely distracted or panicked run, how about rotating his head a quarter circle clockwise?  Grin

I was actually going for a more controlled sprint. Just kicking his legs out there for interest but now that I look at it, maybe I should bend one of the two legs a bit so he doesn't look like a chorus dancer.

Kian
Level 0

Unplugged

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2013, 11:59:52 AM »

that style Beer!

Jordanoakley
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2013, 04:56:55 AM »

This looks really, really damn cool!

Website   //  facebook  //  Soundcloud
Taber
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2013, 09:59:10 AM »

I've had a little bit of interest regarding audio for the game so I thought I'd post about some of the scratch audio I'm using so far. Here are some links to audio samples that I plan to use for scratch music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1GPe4yZ8Ik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTkAwk6mnD0

I love the bass walking, cool, dark, smokey feeling of intrigue and tension. We'll have different music needs for different situations of course and maybe even transitioning music when things change mid-play and become more action filled.

jO
Level 4

Adventure awaits!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2013, 02:50:56 AM »

Those music samples will fit perfectly. That's exactly what I'd imagine for a sneaky game. What would be interesting is to see what you imagine for when the player actually get's caught and needs to flee..?

Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2013, 08:05:48 PM »

Amazing!

Taber
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2013, 08:54:12 PM »

Hey guys, here's a super early gameplay video showing basic movement mechanics and introducing Bryson and myself. Enjoy!

forsy
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2013, 09:06:33 PM »

This looks really great in the video.

My only critique is that when the guy hops behind the furniture nothing changes depth except the furniture so it looks like that part is just floating on top of everything else, as opposed to the guy jumping behind everything. I think it would look fine if you put the guy behind the floor layer as well since he is drawn on top of parts of that.

Might be nit-picking but it stood out to me Smiley

Lift - Devlog | Play | Twitter
Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2013, 09:10:59 PM »

This looks really great in the video.

My only critique is that when the guy hops behind the furniture nothing changes depth except the furniture so it looks like that part is just floating on top of everything else, as opposed to the guy jumping behind everything. I think it would look fine if you put the guy behind the floor layer as well since he is drawn on top of parts of that.

Might be nit-picking but it stood out to me Smiley
Maybe you could have the guy vault over the furniture rather than just hop.

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
Taber
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2013, 09:17:20 PM »

Yep, you're right Forsy! For one he's drawing half a pixel deep in the ground for some infuriating reason. In the future, we'll have the character and furniture lighter in front and darker in back to help distinguish them but this is the unshaded view of the room right now.

claudiovc
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2013, 03:23:06 AM »

That looks really good! I agree that it lacks some depth, but maybe the shaded version of the objects solves it. If it doesn't you could also add some shadow to the character, make him bigger/smaller, or add some more 'rows' to the floor so that you could change his 'y' to really give the impression his depth is changing.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic