Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411522 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 09:49:23 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDorito Game Contest Game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Dorito Game Contest Game  (Read 5046 times)
handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: July 25, 2007, 01:07:20 PM »

There was a thread earlier about the doritos xbox contest, and I recently found one of the entries that made a prototype of the game.

Official Entry:
http://www.unlockxbox.com/gameIdeas/gameIdeaDetails.aspx?gameId=2158

You can't tell how awesome the game is from the screen shot, but the gameplay is terrific. It's an action platformer in which you are a dorito that has to save the president. You control the dorito with WASD but you control his hand with the mouse. The hand movenment is what really makes the game, it is very smooth and fun to use. The game still needs some work, especially the background graphics, but is definetly worth playing.

Download:
http://nate-bradley-games.com/dorito.htm
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 09:32:56 AM by HandCraftedRadio » Logged

Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 01:24:34 PM »

Man, that is way more fun than I was expecting! :D Controlling the two hands is a bit awkward at first, but it works really well.

Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 03:59:44 PM »

I dunno... Bit too generic for my taste. It's good but it's not DORITOS good... :D

Anyone spotted a prototype of a doritos game where you lick your fingers? Wink

ravuya
Level 7

Yip yip yip yip yip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 01:25:05 PM »

I was looking for more biting humour, but the gameplay in this one is actually pretty good.

I doubt the Doritos guys will go for it, though. It tends to be bad for your product when your spokesman is clutching an AK-47 AK-74 and mowing down people indiscriminately, even if your spokesman is isoceles.

ChrisFranklin
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 05:07:43 PM »

I hate to be the one to say it, but the Cheeto-with-a-sword in the picture looks a lot like a penis.
handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2007, 03:53:01 AM »

I don't know what you have down there, but they aren't supposed to look like cheetos.

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 04:01:22 AM »

I hate to be the one to say it, but the Cheeto-with-a-sword in the picture looks a lot like a penis.

I don't know what you have down there, but they aren't supposed to look like cheetos.

I smell a new custom title here... Wink

(Cheetopenis)
NateBradley
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2007, 03:41:15 PM »

Perhaps I should change the name of the game to that? Undecided
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2007, 04:03:03 PM »

Hey man, nice game Smiley If it doesn't win, maybe you should change from the crisps theme and do something else with it? It's got a lot of potential, IMO!

Please don't call your game cheetopenis

NateBradley
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2007, 04:08:44 PM »

Yeah, I am considering making it into a full length game without the chip theme (Though I've actually grown fond of it). But I'm gonna see how it does in the contest first.
handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2007, 04:20:28 PM »

Keep the chip theme. It adds to the game so much.

NateBradley
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2007, 04:32:31 PM »

Well I suppose I could make them all generic chips, but I certainly wouldn't be able to sell a game with the Doritos branding without their consent.
ravuya
Level 7

Yip yip yip yip yip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2007, 09:16:09 AM »

Well, you could go very far with different kinds of chips:

Choose your warrior! Tortilla chip, potato chip, ruffled potato chip, corn chip! They'd all have different stats and special powers (the corn chip could walk on water because of all the salt on it, the ruffled potato chip has a powerful melee attack).

In your heart, you know this is what you must do.

You could call it Killer Snacks From Outer Space, or alternatively the shorter and hipper version, SnackWarz.

NateBradley
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2007, 01:36:53 PM »

Hmm, SnackWarz... interesting. Sounds like it could be more inclusive beyond just chips.

Unfortunately I'll have to change the story as well without an identifiable main character chip. "Secret Agent Cheese Flavored Isosceles Snack" doesn't really sound right...
handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2007, 03:10:01 PM »

Why would you have to change the game from a dorito? I don't thing they are going to mind free advertisement, unless you plan on selling it.

ravuya
Level 7

Yip yip yip yip yip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2007, 06:31:30 AM »

Unfortunately I'll have to change the story as well without an identifiable main character chip. "Secret Agent Cheese Flavored Isosceles Snack" doesn't really sound right...
Well, you could give him a sidekick who's a tin of dip.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic