Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411493 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 07:21:47 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneral360 Suggestion thread!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 360 Suggestion thread!  (Read 2990 times)
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2008, 09:53:14 AM »

Ok, so I have gotten to the point where Oblivion has pissed me off. I like the character creation but I realized that that was it. There is nothing in this game that I played Morrowind for. The environment is generic and repetitive, I hate how the enemies level up with you and the dungeons on the whole are pretty much uninspired. What I miss most of all though is being able to find a really rare item in a dungeon. Now the items are generated in dungeons according to your level, so what is that point?

I was looking at replacing it with some other games. I have about $30 to spend so I was thinking about getting something on the original XBox or another 360 game. So far I was slightly considering Beyond Good and Evil, Knights of the Old Republic and Psychonauts. I was also looking at Perfect Dark: Zero mostly due to the fact that I can get it for $5. Anyways, what games would you guys suggest? (Note: I am not going to spend any money on Arcade points at this time)

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 09:57:13 AM »

If you can get Crackdown, its well worth it, probably one of my favourite Xbox360 games.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 09:59:58 AM »

Braid and Castle Crashers.
team_q
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 10:02:32 AM »

I agree with Braid and Castle Crashers.
With Braid, maybe I drank the Kool-aid, but I thought it was one of the best gaming experiences I had in a while, I beat it in 2 sittings. Castle Crashers is cool, its fun to play with multiple people and the unlocks are well worth it, I haven't beat it but my roomates did.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 10:04:49 AM »

You go to this point after one day? :D

And guys, he said he's not gonna buy arcade games.

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
team_q
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 10:10:18 AM »

I you still wanna play oblivion, fuck the main story, go find the Assassin's guild(you get contacted after killing one civilian) or do the Theif's guild, those two are all I played of it, and I had alot of fun, also, its not too difficult to find some fun in that game, Buy a house and fill it with all the beer you can find, or do as my roomate did and create a pile of corpses in the basement.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 10:13:46 AM »

Yeah, the quests define the experience in Oblivion. The environment and enemies are all cookie-cutter, but the quests are unique, and each one has different challenges and jobs.

Halo 3 would be a good choice, if you're into FPS games. Gears of War 2 if you're into TPS games.

(Also, there's absolutely no reason not to get arcade games, since the games are cheaper and more enjoyable than most XBox 360 games out there right now, unless you physically can't afford it or something like that.)
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2008, 11:32:17 AM »

Don't get me wrong, I loved the quests in Oblivion (with the exception of a few snoozers) however, I just felt like it was more of the same. In Morrowind there was tons of unique quests and you didn't have to endure the horrible lifeless Oblivion bots. Not only that but when I went somewhere I actually felt like I was going somewhere not hanging out in the same place. I have played through the entire main quest (on the PC) so I don't really think there is much left there for me. If anything I'll wait and rent Fallout 3 if I want another open-ended experience.

Right now, I think I am at a point where sandbox games are losing a bit of their appeal for me. It really bothers me when there isn't a whole lot of cohesion between the places of the world. Yeah, I can do tons of side quests and such but they never made me feel as if there was anything truly detailed about the world I was exploring. It was just "go to generic dungeon A, find super special item B (maybe throw in some sort of slight surprise here) and then rinse, wash, repeat again.

I am starting to realize that that side quests are more of a distraction from the game then actually a part of the game itself. These quests, while sometimes fun, offer nothing to the overall story. Now, I don't mind the odd random quest but I would like to see more games explore different parts of the main quest. You should be able to follow your primary objective but also be able to explore and investigate other areas of the story to add more meat to the story.

After playing Morrowind I think I spoiled myself to sandbox games. I think this is due mostly to the staggering amount of mods that keep the PC version fresh. I didn't think I would say it ever, but I think that a linear game does a better job at being a game then a sandbox one does then most sandbox games do.

Back on topic though...what can anyone tell me about Beyond Good and Evil? I have heard it was good but not really anything specific. Why is it so highly regarded and is it worth it for $10?

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2008, 11:36:24 AM »

Nothing in particular is great about BG&E, but everything is good so it all adds up to being a great game. Gentleman

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2008, 12:11:10 PM »

Nothing in particular is great about BG&E, but everything is good so it all adds up to being a great game. Gentleman
This is a good way of putting it. BG&E was one of my favorite games for the 'cube. Just so awesome. I thought it was a bit short, but I think everything's a bit short.

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2008, 12:13:23 PM »

Yeah, I am really leaning heavily toward Beyond Good and Evil, Psychonauts and Prince of Persia: Sands of Time. I am just going to forgo Kotor as I already have Mass Effect.  

Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2008, 12:17:21 PM »

Yeah, I am really leaning heavily toward Beyond Good and Evil, Psychonauts and Prince of Persia: Sands of Time. I am just going to forgo Kotor as I already have Mass Effect.  
You haven't played either BG&E, Psychonauts or Sands of Time?

WHAT IS THIS

Now you'll tell me you haven't played MGS, Cave Story or Civilization or something.
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2008, 12:37:14 PM »

No, I have played all of the above with the exception of Beyond Good and Evil. The last time I owned Psychonauts was for the PC and it ran horribly on my laptop. I owned Sands of Time for PS2 but I was always distracted with other games (Shadow of the Colossus, Okami etc...).

Now you'll tell me you haven't played MGS, Cave Story or Civilization or something.

Don't be silly.

Apparently, I can't even play BG&E according to the 360 compatibility list Sad

I might have to buy it from Steam and hope it runs on this laptop...

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2008, 12:51:59 PM »

Earth Defense Force 2017 is awesome, mindless fun.
Nuts and Bolts is really fun, too.
And Burnout Paradise is crazy cool.

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2008, 01:03:01 PM »

On second thought I might slightly consider getting one arcade game as long as it is under 1000 points....

I am eying BC: Re-Armed

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2008, 04:05:15 PM »

n+ is better

Gnarf
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2008, 05:37:47 PM »

On second thought I might slightly consider getting one arcade game as long as it is under 1000 points....

Space Giraffe.
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2008, 11:46:58 AM »

Yeah, I downloaded the demo. Not really my cup of tea though. I'll probably end up getting Braid more than likely.

shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2008, 01:06:55 PM »

BC: Rearmed is fantastic, well worth it. I got a lot of play out of it compared to Braid.

As for proper games, Burnout Paradise, Dead Rising or Call of Duty 4 are good games, if you like their particular genres. I'd suggest some kind of Guitar Hero/Rock Band but you'll be looking at a lot more than $30 for either. Sad

Also, space giraffe is only 400 points if I remember correctly. Bargain! Beer!

olücæbelel
team_q
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2008, 01:37:09 PM »

BC:Rearmed is a longer experience.
Braid is a better experience.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic