Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411493 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 09:57:18 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFree games repository in Wuala
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Free games repository in Wuala  (Read 1437 times)
MaxTeel
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2008, 06:10:58 PM »

Hello. Having a lot of indie games around my computer, I decided to upload the all to Wuala. Wuala is kind of a online hard drive where you can upload stuff and share it (if you want to).

My idea is to create a big repository for all free games, being indie, abandonware or some other kind.

I'll give you the link for you to see it. THIS LINK OPEN A JAVA APPLICATION BUT IT DOESN'T INSTALL ANYTHING IN YOU COMPUTER. I belive there will be a web API coming soon, but for now, you have to bear with the java API.
http://wua.la/Freeware+Games+Club

I'm still uploading some stuff but, if there is some game that should be there, just say something. If you want to contribute you have to make a wuala account. I won't be explaining how wuala works, as it goes beyond the purpose of the thread.

I hope it's useful.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 06:12:04 PM »

I believe it breaks copyright to upload someone's game without their permission, even if it's freeware, so I'd be wary of this. For instance, they'd no longer have control of updating the game, so this might hold older versions rather than the latest.

Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 06:15:15 PM »

I believe it breaks copyright to upload someone's game without their permission, even if it's freeware, so I'd be wary of this. For instance, they'd no longer have control of updating the game, so this might hold older versions rather than the latest.
It is, unless the author gives permission for redistribution. I think a lot of them do however!
MaxTeel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 06:22:02 PM »

hum... Thanks for the heads up.
Maybe I should try com get in contact with the developers to see what they think. I thought it wouldn't be bad, as almost everything on the internet get redistrbuted easily. And likewise, it's dificult for the developer to control the distribution of older versions.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 06:25:08 PM »

Sure, almost everything on the internet gets redistributed, even commercial stuff, but that doesn't mean the authors always like that. Saying that things happen is not really an excuse to do it yourself if it's against their wishes. I'm sure 99% of them wouldn't care though, but it's always good to ask for the 1% that do care.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic