Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 12:12:09 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralEA intern 'fun-time' video
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: EA intern 'fun-time' video  (Read 2475 times)
papamook
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2007, 12:22:03 AM »

am I right in assuming that this video was a marketing departments answer to one of EA's image problems?

my thoughts on my blog
Robotacon
Pixelhead
Level 3

Story mode

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 01:13:35 AM »

Nothing says cool like putting on your sunglasses walking into a building.  Huh?
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 02:13:54 AM »

Cringeworthy on the one hand. On the other it probably is great fun to intern at EA, and games companies often have nice events and stuff to keep morale high during crunch. Crunch which, of course, shouldn't happen if your managers are good Wink

More viral promotional recruitment videos:

ZombiePixel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 08:11:35 AM »

In between the shots of playing video games and shooting pool you catch brief glimpses of the cubicle farm that makes up the actual work environment  (shudder).

Of course it all seems exciting when you're 18 and would otherwise be working at a crappy ad agency (or a gas station) but I hate to break it to these people: eventually you will be 30!  Somewhere around that age you discover that shooting Nerf darts to cut the tension of another 14 hour shift doesn't quite satisfy like it used to.
ravuya
Level 7

Yip yip yip yip yip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 01:19:21 PM »

I've seen better cinematography in high school film studies classes. It seems EA's management is competent at neither videography, wordplay, nor employee retainment.

What's with your blog and all that annoying hovering floating word balloon "Snap Shots" shit? I feel like I have to move my mouse carefully through it or I get something jabbed in my eye that sticks there for 30 seconds on Opera (obscuring my view of the video).

It's like Irritating Stick, and I don't want to have to worry about moving my mouse through a ten pixel gap so I don't accidentally hover over a hyperlink.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 01:23:12 PM by ravuya » Logged

papamook
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 06:12:35 PM »

What's with your blog and all that annoying hovering floating word balloon "Snap Shots" shit? I don't want to have to worry about moving my mouse through a ten pixel gap so I don't accidentally hover over a hyperlink.

I hear what your saying ravuya, I had clicked the don't show on this blog which stops it appearing for me but I had forgotten to take the code out of the template Cry

cheers Cool
ravuya
Level 7

Yip yip yip yip yip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 07:14:53 PM »

Hooray! Petulant whining wins again on the Intertrons Smiley Thanks.

inmatarian
Level 0

2993 forever

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2007, 09:15:44 AM »

I wonder if management gets upset at the employees for not making their Nerf Frag quotas.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic