Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 09:31:44 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingGoofy Cubes - Feedback requested
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Goofy Cubes - Feedback requested  (Read 874 times)
Snovi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: November 17, 2013, 02:24:50 PM »

Here are five promo codes for iOS version 2.6, which is about to be replaced by 2.7.   I'm looking for feedback on playability, graphics, sounds, etc.    I have my own feelings on where it needs improvement, but I would like to hear someone else's who isn't close friend or family.   

Thanks

IOS App Store Link: http://tinyurl.com/kz58rgq

Promo codes:

WMAMNTAX3EEL
7WNA397LJAJ4
TA46PT6KLX4W
T4JY6RWTELWF
LHX9934WWR3Y

LevelUpJordan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 03:34:50 PM »

I really like the party background noise, the sound design all round was solid.  Visuals were good too, I especially like the drunk effect.

The main negative for me was gameplay, it felt very much like it was trying to ride the coat tails of Angry Birds.

Anyway, that's my feedback. Hope it's helpful
Snovi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 03:57:57 AM »

Awesome, thank you!   It wasn't meant to be an AB knockoff, it just kind of evolved over time to what it is now.   Also, breaking stuff in this game ends your level.  Smiley

LevelUpJordan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 06:45:11 AM »

Calling it  knockoff is a bit extreme, and I hope that isn't what I implied.  As you say the goal is to avoid smashing stuff and  instead of catapulting (moving your finger in the opposite direction to the target) you flick (the same direction as the target).  What I meant was it feels like someone (you) is trying to use the success of Angry Birds to sell their (your) game the gameplay, while different, is fairly reminiscent as is the presentation and overall feel.
Snovi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 08:15:45 AM »

No, I was trying to use Crush the Castle's success to sell my game.

http://www.jeffwofford.com/?p=989
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 08:30:25 AM by Snovi » Logged

LevelUpJordan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 08:38:30 AM »

This is true, but to me (and it may only be me) a song/game/film should feel like it has it's own identity even it is visiting similar themes or story points or gameplay mechanics.  To me your game felt like an Angry Birds imposter, others might feel differently but I'm just giving my honest opinion
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic