Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 08:58:52 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMemLeak - squad based tactical infiltration
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: MemLeak - squad based tactical infiltration  (Read 1656 times)
Raskous
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: November 22, 2013, 03:01:42 AM »

Hi,

At Brain Slap Studio (french three men indie studio) we are currently working on our new project, MEMLEAK, a squad based tactical infiltration game for Windows/Mac/Linux.

Year 2025, Network 2.0. The world has just recovered from a massive network blackout. You wake up in the virtual world but you don’t know why you are here or what you are. In order to discover your origins, you gather the best team of hackers, lead them through the most secured places and unveil mysteries behind the greatest factions of the network.

Lead your squad in the real world

...and in the virtual world

We've just finished a playable prototype and we are seeking for feedbacks. This early version is showing the mission aspect of the game and does not include managing/recruiting and story telling elements. We are interested in any opinion on your experience while playing the prototype, but here are some specific subjects that are specifically interesting us :

- Did you like it, what is your general opinion ?
- What do you think about the controls, is it easy to pick up and does it feel smooth?
- Any thought about the global realisation? Althought it is not final, do you like the atmosphere (graphics, sound,...)?
- Does the prototype run well on your machine? if not, can you tell us what is your config  please?
- Any comment about what you liked and what you disliked.

Enough talking, here is where you can download the prototype for windows, linux and mac (there are also screenshots and a teaser video):

http://www.brainslapstudio.com/memleak

I hope you will enjoy playing the MEMLEAK prototype.

Thanks a lot,

Pascal, Brain Slap Studio.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 05:09:49 AM by Raskous » Logged
fuerchter
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 06:16:33 AM »

controls: i was fine with mouse only for the most part but i can see the hotkeys being useful as well
atmosphere: graphics look nice for the most part (will comment on this below further), sound fits fairly well i feel (there is only one track for title and ingame right now is that correct?)
performance: in the first part (real life) i didn't drop below 500 fps i think (this was on my second or third playthrough so when i died there i didn't play the network part again)
config: i7-2600k, 16gb ram, sli gtx580s

own comments:
in my opinion the game needs a proper pause menu, so i can either go back to the title screen from there or restart the mission. once one player dies for example and i want to restart the mission i first have to send the other player to his death.

also, (you are probably already looking into that i guess?) you desperately need a tutorial. i initially got a bit confused because i was just thrown into the game but on the other hand that's what a prototype is all about i guess ^^

not helping my confusion was the feeling that the menus (like the hacker profile e.g.) seem a bit cluttered and some of the ui graphics could look a bit better.

finally two things that where a bit weird:
first of all, does the decoy have two names, one in the title screen, one ingame?
decoy
cracker

also one time

happened when i started the mission. i didn't notice that i was doing anything different that time so i can't really explain why it happened unfortunately

generally speaking i liked the gameplay though (the  stealth gameplay especially) Wink
Raskous
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 04:26:51 AM »

Hi fuerchter,

Thanks a lot for your feedback !

Yes, we will need a proper pause menu, for now, this kind of things are a bit rough in the prototype.
The decoy and the cracker are, indeed, the same objects, it is a text error.
About the sound, there are two in game musics, one for real life and the other one for the hacking part.

We are looking into the bug you captured in video, thank you for that.

Pascal.
laughing Frogs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 07:55:48 AM »

the download doesn't work (for me at least)
Regniwekim
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, 01:09:10 PM »

Controls seemed simple and straightforward enough.

A lot of the text (names, actions, etc) was hard to read. Perhaps you could bold the text to help it stand out a bit more? The size is fine, it's just so thin that the anti-aliasing hurts the visibility I think.

The game ran fine for (i5 3570k, Radeon 7850 2GB, 16 GB RAM).
Raskous
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 09:20:01 AM »

Thanks for your feedback Regniwekim,

We will try to have more readable texts, we tried to bold in game texts and it is a bit better.

Small note for any new tester: do not hesitate to tell us what you think about the game itself and the gameplay and if you made it through the whole mission.

Pascal.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic