Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 03:57:51 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDethlands [canceled]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Dethlands [canceled]  (Read 11945 times)
Savick
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2014, 05:48:45 PM »

That was incredible. Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Up Right
infinitysend
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2014, 10:00:49 AM »

Two chances to play Dethlands this upcoming weekend!

From March 7-9, I will be displaying Dethlands at the Austin IGDA booth in the SXSW Gaming Expo.
At 8pm I will be displaying Dethlands at the Hole in the Wall bar, during the SXSW After Party show, which features the Total Destruction Tour!!!

Either way, if you're in Austin during SXSW, chances are high you can give Dethlands a try.  Hope to see you there!
infinitysend
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2014, 07:49:56 AM »

New blog post at our website.
This will likely be the last time I update this thread.

This website is almost impossible to get noticed.  Once you make an update, you're almost immediately pushed off the page by 10-20 other projects.  I call it the 4chan effect.  I guess TIGSource is just too popular for its own good.  It's unfortunate there aren't any other well-known alternatives.  I'm sure it wasn't like this 3-5 years ago...

We have multiple other ways of following our project.  The links are on the first post.  For those of you who have followed this thread, I thank you.  Take care everyone!
OniWorld
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2014, 12:48:43 PM »

New blog post at our website.
This will likely be the last time I update this thread.

This website is almost impossible to get noticed.  Once you make an update, you're almost immediately pushed off the page by 10-20 other projects.  I call it the 4chan effect.  I guess TIGSource is just too popular for its own good.  It's unfortunate there aren't any other well-known alternatives.  I'm sure it wasn't like this 3-5 years ago...

We have multiple other ways of following our project.  The links are on the first post.  For those of you who have followed this thread, I thank you.  Take care everyone!

I understand that, it's not that it isnt seen - it's just people either don't post or people are guests. The views on my thread go up quite a bit every update, I suppose it's todo with the timing of posts too.

Good luck though, I'll still be following progress somehow  Coffee

EDIT:

Just read through the thread again, I think how you've formatted posts doesn't help with getting an audience. People tend to scroll through quickly, you should post more images. Might help a bit.

(this is how i format my updates)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 12:53:58 PM by OniWorld » Logged

ink.inc
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2014, 12:59:09 PM »

protips is to have pretty images every other post at least; this is something that all successful devlogs (minecraft, fez, rainworld, etc.) have in common
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2014, 01:19:11 PM »

Updating more than once a month on average might help also ..
infinitysend
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2014, 05:18:53 PM »

Hello again, members of TIG.  I've unlocked this topic to post about the cancellation of Dethlands.  We got a little bit of press on indiemag.fr (warning, site is in French) last week, as they were one of the few publications that paid any attention to us and seemed to care about the game.  If you want to download the build and play it yourself (unfinished alpha) you can feel free to.  The link is posted in the video below:

Please note: Dethlands will not be completed, remade or recovered in any shape or form.  Please do not bother contacting me for any work-related requests in regards to Dethlands.  Thank you.
retrostark
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2014, 05:51:26 PM »

Sorry to here about the cancelation of the game Sad That really sucks bro.

Weren't you working on this with Jerom?  Hand Point Left

Toast LeftWizardHand Metal Left
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2014, 03:33:46 AM »

Too bad, I tried out the demo and it's pretty fun.  Honestly, I think if you went into indie game dev expecting a huge reaction/following, your heart is in the wrong place .. most indie games get little exposure and even with this game's high production values, you can't throw a rock without hitting something that looks/plays similar.
CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2014, 10:41:39 PM »

It's a shame, I would love to pick this game up myself if it were possible. Alas I suppose I'll have to settle with a spiritual successor. Tongue
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic