Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1322719 Posts in 59572 Topics- by 50703 Members - Latest Member: redmoon

November 21, 2017, 12:13:31 am

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsManifold Garden
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60]
Print
Author Topic: Manifold Garden  (Read 208785 times)
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1180 on: June 02, 2017, 03:02:17 pm »

Found this video that has real recursive music (not like the track that I did that is not mathematically correct):

But it's hard for me to imagine nice music composed this way...!

URL fixed; and that's a great video (awesome channel too!)

William Chyr
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1181 on: June 02, 2017, 11:06:48 pm »

Found this video that has real recursive music (not like the track that I did that is not mathematically correct): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq0z-sxjNlo&feature=youtu.be
But it's hard for me to imagine nice music composed this way...!

Thanks for the link. This is pretty cool. But yeah... sometimes stuff that's cool in concept doesn't always work well in practice...
One more question:  I know you mentioned in your reddit post that you'll write in-depth about the recursive portal effect with stencil but I'm wondering about one thing.  Are you using materials with the corresponding stencir "Ref" (reference) numbers?  Using RenderTexture is working fine and since my game isn't that processing intensive I might use that as it doesn't require to have extra material setup.

I've seen seen a Unity thread where someone posted a split screen done with stencil shader but didn't give detailed explanation as to how.  Only mentioned that you can write to the stencil buffer and basically any shape can be used.  I'll look into that once I have a better grasp of shaders.

We do have to have all custom shaders for all materials. As you said, there needs to be a reference number to decide what gets shown and what doesn't.

If rendertextures work for you, then that's totally fine. For Manifold Garden, we need stencil buffers to get the portals looking really smooth.

12LandsBoundlessSpace
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: June 30, 2017, 12:48:10 am »

Yo, are you looking for beta testers for when you've fixed some of the issues discovered in the first play-through? I'd be all for it, and as I'm looking to go into game development it would be nice to get some experience. Thanks, and I've loved everything I've seen so far!
William Chyr
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1183 on: July 08, 2017, 01:47:37 pm »

DevLog Update #342 - 07/08/2017

Started beta testing again. If you're interested in becoming a tester, you can sign up here: https://goo.gl/forms/18Sr5mKErTxNycgv2

Here is the latest development update video:

Also, Unfolding The Garden series is going really well! Here's a playlist of all the episodes: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNqAA0dqOV6JSqIedLhPnHjy2VWwNfSP6

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1184 on: July 09, 2017, 06:58:52 pm »

Dark skybox looking great!

William Chyr
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1185 on: October 25, 2017, 11:46:21 pm »

DevLog Update #343 - 10/26/2017

Wow. Last update was back in July. I've been busy. Been posting updates via Stream (https://www.twitch.tv/williamchyr) and Discord these days...

Not going to go into too much detail about what I've been working on as that'll take too long.

Basically, getting really close to shipping now. Tech is pretty much done. Just bug fixing here and there and making the game run better and more stable.

Been improving art and finally starting on sound. Design still has some flaws, but got some solutions in.

Almost there!

Here are a bunch of screenshots (spoiler warning):

PsycheMac
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1186 on: October 26, 2017, 01:20:31 am »

Great screenshots! It's been very enlightening watching your stream.

Government Sandbox Strategy Game
Twitter: @PsycheMac
William Chyr
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1187 on: October 30, 2017, 07:29:01 pm »

Great screenshots! It's been very enlightening watching your stream.

Really glad to hear that!

William Chyr
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1188 on: October 30, 2017, 07:29:49 pm »

Devlog Updated #344 - 10/30/2017

Here is the latest development update video:

bombjack
Level 3

That's me :)

View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: October 31, 2017, 12:49:36 am »

the devlog was very interesting  Grin thanks for sharing.

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic