Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 08:02:07 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsVagante Alpha 8 Demo
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]
Print
Author Topic: Vagante Alpha 8 Demo  (Read 76722 times)
kruxus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 17, 2014, 12:23:15 PM »

Yes finally! (remember to update the thread title!)

+ Crates and barrels
+ Unarmed as a selectable weapon
+ Found an alternative exit which led to the ruins, very nice with alternative routes. I hope this idea gets expanded upon.

- The fact that you need to identify scrolls by using them. It works for potions as the result is clearly shown. But for scrolls it's more a hassle than fun. Also too much inventory management. It's pretty nice for equipment though.

- Skills are still pretty unbalanced it seems. Poisoned Dagger (pretty worthless?) and Shadow Clone (one of the best) are both level 3. Shadow Clone gave me no clone though, might be broken?

- It seems like the art style has gotten a bit darker. I preferred the old more cartoony portraits (the new ones are really nice, but not as much character imo). Tiles are a bit more gritty too. I kinda miss the painted background in between levels too. I'm conservative I guess.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 03:10:19 PM by kruxus » Logged
Storsorgen
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 17, 2014, 02:07:43 PM »

Hm, can't say I enjoyed the making of arrows unlimited, and the cursed items.

But hey, it's a challenge! Still loving it!
Paul
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 23, 2014, 09:00:00 AM »

I'm liking it so far too, it's really fun and there's a lot of variety with all the inventory items. I had a few issues with the levels generation. On starting the first level, the only way through was through an arrow trap. I had no items to use to get around it so had to just take the hit, which seemed a bit unfair. I also had another level where the only way through was by pushing a block, but the block was to the right of the top of a ladder (Does that make sense??). It just made for some awkward jump push attempts to get it to move. Just minor issues. Looking forward to more updates  Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Right

jovanmilic97
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 02, 2015, 04:29:36 AM »

I have this game on my steam account and its amazing. Its hard but fair game. They have recently added a new boss called Necromancer.
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #344 on: May 30, 2015, 07:45:01 AM »

I love demos. I'll give my impressions later.

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #345 on: May 10, 2017, 07:47:37 AM »

I love demos. I'll give my impressions later.
So how is this game? Steam is recommending it

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic