Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 05:05:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & Events[Dec 22-31] insane & absolute end-of-year Variety Megajam
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: [Dec 22-31] insane & absolute end-of-year Variety Megajam  (Read 20185 times)
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2013, 02:19:31 PM »

Day 1: Gigantic ice storm takes out the power of a quarter-million Toronto households. I am leaving Toronto.

Motivation:

gigantic ice storm
christmas
cats
power outage
check the ludum dare website for all the themes that were voted on this LD? some of them are great.

Daniel X Moore
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2013, 02:44:36 PM »

Here's a freebie for a motivating idea:

A Home Improvement themed world domination strategy game. Duke Brad annexes the Den!

There, now don't your ideas sound way better?
CNIAngel
Level 0

Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2013, 07:36:45 PM »

Day 1 done.

Desktop (Needs Java)

Instructions & Objective

All you have to do is move around with the arrow keys.  The objective is to aim for the green blocks and survive while building up a big score. The scoring system is (the number of green blocks destroyed) * (number of walls you have passed through) / 2

Wasn't sure if I was gonna just hoard all the games till the end and post em or post each day; so i did the latter.

jah2488
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2013, 08:39:31 PM »

Day 1 Finished. Hopefully my additional games can live up to my starter, my biggest worry right now is just becoming burnt out, or not having the time over the holidays. However, even if I blow past the 10 day, I think I'm going to keep going till I hit my 9.

You can play it here

Only swf and OSX right now, after the week is done I'll work on fixing some of these up and getting windows ports out there.
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2013, 09:11:47 PM »

Need sleep but made progress.

Will post up both Days 1 and 2 tomorrow.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
cigumo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2013, 09:33:51 PM »

Day 1 for me is called "The Lane".

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9tdp6yao530vu66/1-thelane.love
Requires LÖVE 0.9: http://love2d.org/#download 

eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2013, 01:37:46 PM »

I did this... I apologize for the retardation. You are the one on the left, up and down movement, no end of fun playing a Pong variant with retarded physics. Made with C2.

Yeah.
CNIAngel
Level 0

Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2013, 03:35:25 PM »

I used my free day to plan more simple game ideas. So expect no game from me today. I may make two in one day for fun.

eyeliner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2013, 04:58:56 PM »

more retardation!

here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60029808/VarietyMegaJam/swat/index.html

Yeah.
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2013, 09:00:52 PM »

Spend today fixing and then breaking and then fixing and then breaking the thing I thought I finished yesterday. Nothing to show but I think I got a lot done? (Huh?)

AUST
TobiasW
Level 8

This can only end brilliantly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2013, 10:20:29 PM »

I feel too burnt out regarding game design/ideas right now to participate, so I came by just to say:
Good luck to everyone who does this! You rock and YOU CAN DO IT! Beer!

PS: Expect me next year!

eyeliner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2013, 04:30:30 AM »

I am only able to do at most, 1-hour devving, so, crap is all I have spat. I hope to make something better in subsequent releases. Tongue

Yeah.
brog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2013, 07:42:31 AM »

HELLO
I have so far made two games for this

CARD GAME FOR 3 PLAYERS
from a standard deck of cards take: 2,2,2,3,3,4,5,6,7.  shuffle them, deal 3 to each player.  each round: simultaneously play a card face down then reveal: if duplicate cards are played everyone who played them gets a point, otherwise whoever played the highest card gets a point.  after three rounds your hands are empty, reshuffle and deal.  play 9 rounds.

(so for example, if players play 2,2,6 the two players who played a 2 each get a point.  if they play 2,3,6 the player who played a 6 gets a point instead."

DICE GAME FOR 2 PLAYERS
take 10 yellow dice and 30 purple dice.
each player secretly rolls 5 yellow dice, these determine the value of any purple dice you get: the value of a purple die is the number of yellow dice you have with the same number.
p1 rolls 4 purple dice, then divides them into two piles, p2 chooses a pile to take and p1 takes the remaining pile.  repeat with roles reversed (p2 rolls 4 and divides, p1 chooses).  then repeat with 5 purple dice, then 6 purple dice.  (so the rounds go 4,4,5,5,6,6.)
then reveal your yellow dice and add up points!

(have tested a few times but it could probably do with more work to get the optimum numbers of dice)

i have started a grid puzzle game of growing plants also
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2013, 07:56:55 AM »

CARD GAME FOR 3 PLAYERS
from a standard deck of cards take: 2,2,2,3,3,4,5,6,7.  shuffle them, deal 3 to each player.  each round: simultaneously play a card face down then reveal: if duplicate cards are played everyone who played them gets a point, otherwise whoever played the highest card gets a point.  after three rounds your hands are empty, reshuffle and deal.  play 9 rounds.

(so for example, if players play 2,2,6 the two players who played a 2 each get a point.  if they play 2,3,6 the player who played a 6 gets a point instead."

Neat to see this one, cause I've been trying to cook up a game like this inspired by increpare's Platonic Archetypes of Dice.

Today I'm hoping to finish this level generation that's taken me days and finally be done with it. I think my problem is one of order, and that I'm using two methods at once:one to document and one to display.

AUST
CNIAngel
Level 0

Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2013, 08:59:32 PM »

DAY2 (or more like GAME 2)

PLAYER ONE (GREEN GOLEM) : UP, DOWN, LEFT, and RIGHT arrow keys to move.
PLAYER TWO (PURPLE GOLEM): W, S, A, and D to move.

Collect the most gifts.

Desktop (.jar, needs Java)

EDIT: Due to holiday nonsense I had less time to work on this one or you would actually collide with the walls+I would've tweaked the movements speed.

cigumo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: December 25, 2013, 10:32:52 AM »

Game 2 - The Team Fight
This is the second DOTA 2 inspired mini game.
It's a 2 player board game about team fights.
I'm on a phone now so i'll upload the rules later tonight.
My 8 yr old niece almost skipped going to the pool to keep playing, so I'm happy!

« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 01:51:17 PM by cigumo » Logged

jah2488
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2013, 11:33:18 AM »

Day 3 Game:

(My Day 2 game is finished, but not online yet.)

Card game for 2-4 players.

Players: 2-4

Rules:
   • Each player gets a hand of 8 consecutive cards (same suit helps) and an Ace card.
   • Each player plays one card from their hand face down. Once all cards are down. Flip the cards. Top card wins.
   • The hands are circular, so there is no single trump card.
   • [2, A, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, A]
   • The winner is whoever has the most cards after everyone has run out of cards.

Special Cases:
   If two (or more) players play the same card, then the cards stay down and a tie breaker round is entered and the winner of that gets all the cards.
   If the cards end up so that there are no winners due to them evaluating in a circle. (i.e. A -> 2 -> 3) then go into a tiebreaker round with all three members.
eyeliner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 25, 2013, 12:24:12 PM »

This is my third!

Here!

Yeah.
CNIAngel
Level 0

Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: December 25, 2013, 08:41:48 PM »

Game 3

Press the corresponding arrow keys when they pass over the pads at the bottom of the screen (don't wait too late tho or you'll miss your chance)

Desktop .jar (still needs Java)

UPDATE: In the finished game the note pads light up when you press it successfully. You don't see that in the .gif

3 games down. 6 to go!

droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: December 26, 2013, 07:15:23 AM »

Dec 22:
Power suddenly goes out in Toronto. Oh dear.
Planning to run away from home (for power), but we end up driving to Extended Family Christmas early.
Draw a cute reindeer on the drive, end up saving but not using it.
My grandparents also have no power, but they have a nice fireplace in the basement, so everything's okay.
Draw dumb little 6x6 faces, complete a relatively unremarkable match-3. With faces!

Dec 23:
Do some finish-up on the face-match game.
Go to Wal-Mart for power. People give us funny looks for sitting plugged in to a Wal-Mart.
Make a game that I won't describe. Let's call it All of Us

Dec 24:
Do some finish-up on All of Us
Start work on the game that was conceived of on Dec 23, randomly-generated rooms with tile-based movement, line of sight, and enemies who can't hurt you but can trap you. It is a pretty difficult game. Power runs out, and I decide to call it done.

Dec 25:
Start work on Cute fruit because I drew a cute watermelon, but it's far too late.
Return home late; power has returned.

Dec 26 Report:
Uploading three games now! Working on Cute fruit, destined to become Game 4 on Day 5 -- looks like I've spent my free day D: at least I spent it on Christmas.

Also, everyone above, holy shit :D So many games.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic