Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411411 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 15, 2024, 08:01:56 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & Events[Dec 22-31] insane & absolute end-of-year Variety Megajam
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: [Dec 22-31] insane & absolute end-of-year Variety Megajam  (Read 20148 times)
CNIAngel
Level 0

Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: December 30, 2013, 03:35:52 PM »

After the holidays my stride got broken. So I only made 4 games outta my 9, which is a shame. Not really proud of the ones I did complete (except for maybe #4). This was fun though. Really tested my limits and made me try some outta-the-box problem solving.

melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2013, 04:40:45 PM »

still working on the first (and last) , which is better than zero. don't know if i'll finish by tomorrow but i'll finish eventually

play hydlide 2
Daniel X Moore
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2013, 05:08:45 PM »

I got rocked by visiting with family on Christmas and illness, but I'm better now. My revised goal is to finish 5 games by Jan 10th.

I've got 1 started and another in the works.

They're going to be cray.
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2013, 09:42:10 PM »

After the holidays my stride got broken.

Yeah, that's what happened to me last year and this year too D:

I'm reasonably happy with the six I managed... a step up from last year! and I got a lot of fun ideas from doing it :3

eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2013, 05:24:23 AM »

I'm doing shitty "games", but I have learned a frickin' lot out of this thing. I discovered that I can crunch quite wel, I can manage my time/people to get a bit of time for myself and
get deving, but still, only in short bursts.

Because I really wanted to make 9 games a day, I could only get down to make something akin to crap demos, but hey, at least I'm doing them. Got sidetraked, but I'm on the road again. :p

Yeah.
DantronLesotho
Level 2

Video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2014, 04:01:53 PM »

Finally done with holiday affairs. Got my Visual Studio opened, music queued up, food heating up in the oven, and ready to gamemake! bbl making game.
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2014, 08:24:02 PM »

I have eternal shame. I got 95% of a game done, but it was by no means an insane, varied, or mega jam for me. I'll hopefully finish my game over the next week or so and drop it here. Well done to everyone who smashed some games out!

DantronLesotho
Level 2

Video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2014, 09:06:35 PM »

Well the game is by no means pretty, but I was able to create one in a few hours. Instructions are in the game. If you find yourself not able to beat it, hit C for cheat.

I made the game to be somewhat related to the BF Skinner trials, which if you know anything about them the ending screen makes sense. This was my attempt at trolling the player. I don't think it came out the best, but hey; I'll take it. You can download it here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35454357/VarietyMegajam20130106.zip
DantronLesotho
Level 2

Video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2014, 10:58:50 AM »

I tried so hard on the last day but just couldn't finish what I wanted. Oh well; there will be other jams.

Good jamming, everyone!
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 08, 2014, 12:06:08 PM »

Didn't finish anything during the time frame, but I did start something and I've been planning the design stuff after coding a bit of it - I think it might be good. In spirit, when it's done, it will sort of be a Variety Megajam game.

play hydlide 2
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic