"Mosaic Mingle" is now over a month old and it received some promising responses regarding the concept. Some saying it's "really awesome" and "a fantastic concept." Currently at Kongregate, it was played over 2,600 times and sits at an average rating of 3 1/3 out of 5. Not bad considering how many users Kongregate has. I must admit however: it's not perfect.
In other words: more needs to be done to make this game shine.
My next step is writing a postmortem report on what went right and wrong, what was accomplished, and additional thoughts on the future of this "franchise." But before I get started on that, I wanted to get a chance to hear what you players -- puzzle players or not -- think of "Mosaic Mingle" in general. This is to help me connect my points of concern to the public's and also recap on some points that I might have missed.
Just to recap, there are 3 different versions available. The one link to the game on Kongregate is the only latest version out there. You can find other copies elsewhere, but those are outdated. If you wish to try those out anyways, go for it, but remember to let me know what version you have tried.
A brief description about the game:
"Mosaic Mingle" is a logical puzzle game where you complete mosaics according to the templates by flinging one tile at a time. The colors must match and every tile must be on the template.
Here is a list of things I'm mentioning in my report:
- Take the focus towards finishing a puzzle instead of being a perfectionist.
- Improve the undo mechanics, preferably by adding a redo button.
- More game play styles for completing mosaics.
- Different control ideas (i.e. clicking those arrows to place tiles.)
- Finding a better way to store records rather than pairing undoings and time together.
- Improve the display of upcoming tiles by listing different colors and showing the quantity of each color.
- Make every puzzle playable in one mode.
You can use the list to remind yourself what to look for when playing the game when writing your feedback.
Big thanks for everyone willing to help! -- Play game here (v2.0k) --
--Dev Log (TigForums)--
--Dev Log (Acoders)--
--Software Page (Acoders)--
--IGF Entry /w YouTube Video --