Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 09:18:15 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessRefunding...
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Refunding...  (Read 14365 times)
ovogame
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2007, 05:36:35 AM »

This is my politic with refund:

DO NOT DISPLAY a message like 30 days money back guaranty. It is useless and will only get you people sending you email like this one:

"You said that I can get my money back, so give it back to me."

This is slightly exaggerated but some of the emails are very close from this sentence.

If the client didn't test the game previously and bought it directly and the game is not working, then I do offer a full refund. (First, ask the client if he owns a second computer, it might work on the different PC and you will not do the refund).

If the client has played the demo and bought the game and ask for a refund, then I do consider that he is taking the piss at me. So, I politely say, that we do not usually do refund but because we are kind and nice people, we offer him 20% (and I do the 20% refund).

Now, this should be enough to calm them down, after that, I just ignore their request. If they come back to their bank and say this was a fraud, the bank will be far less easy to convince after you they see that you made a partial refund.

I think this is a good politic (protect the nice client and protect me from evil client) and so far it has work wonders...

JC
CountZero
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2007, 04:16:19 AM »

DO NOT DISPLAY a message like 30 days money back guaranty. It is useless and will only get you people sending you email like this one:

This is slightly exaggerated but some of the emails are very close from this sentence.

If the client didn't test the game previously and bought it directly and the game is not working, then I do offer a full refund. (First, ask the client if he owns a second computer, it might work on the different PC and you will not do the refund).

If the client has played the demo and bought the game and ask for a refund, then I do consider that he is taking the piss at me. So, I politely say, that we do not usually do refund but because we are kind and nice people, we offer him 20% (and I do the 20% refund).

Now, this should be enough to calm them down, after that, I just ignore their request. If they come back to their bank and say this was a fraud, the bank will be far less easy to convince after you they see that you made a partial refund.

I think this is a good politic (protect the nice client and protect me from evil client) and so far it has work wonders...

JC

not a bad idea. There is only one possible downside.
There is the potential that the demo might work but the full version doesnt.

happened to me a couple of times with store bought games
Movius
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2007, 04:47:07 AM »

JC
I might be reading this wrong. But if you're putting "30 day money back guarantee" or words to that effect on your products, then You're pretty much saying "I'll give you your money back regardless of the reason"

In which case...
So, I politely say, that we do not usually do refund but because we are kind and nice people, we offer him 20% (and I do the 20% refund).
could potentially get you in a lot of trouble.
sega
Genesis
Level 2

I superdig

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2007, 08:28:37 AM »

DO NOT DISPLAY a message like 30 days money back guaranty.
I might be reading this wrong. But if you're putting "30 day money back guarantee" or words to that effect on your products, then You're pretty much saying "I'll give you your money back regardless of the reason"

In which case...
So, I politely say, that we do not usually do refund but because we are kind and nice people, we offer him 20% (and I do the 20% refund).
could potentially get you in a lot of trouble.

While, the content of your message is technically correct, I think you read the other post wrong Smiley.  He said not to post that message.

Movius
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2007, 10:16:19 AM »

That would make sense.

I couldn't tell whether he was offering the partial refunds on the game with the guarantee or if it was seperate to that.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic