Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 09:02:19 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingCollapser - relaxing 3D puzzle - feedbacck needed
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Collapser - relaxing 3D puzzle - feedbacck needed  (Read 1462 times)
bryarey
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2013, 10:43:36 AM »

Hi every body!
There is my first game on Unity engine, and i`ll be very glad for any feedback.

http://www.kongregate.com/games/bryarey/collapser

Click on the two spheres of the same color are connected bond to collapse them. Only spheres with one or two binds can be collapsed.

questions:
How about gameplay? Do you like it?
How long you played th game?
How about usability and controls?
Graphics and style?
please, write if you find any technical issues
Prads
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 07:31:30 PM »

Cool idea but sorry I found the gameplay boring. And when puzzle started getting bigger I just didn't feel like playing it. There was not much things going on to keep me wanna play the game since the only thing you were doing was to find two color block that is linked together and doesn't have more than two lines and click them. Too repetitive.

Found it repetitive, sorry...

About 15 minutes.

They were good.

Graphics and style?
They were okay...

Detective Cosmos
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 10:37:50 PM »

Cool game, I really liked the idea and played until the end, but there were moments that I wondered if I should have continued or not.

It was good but lacked variation.

How long you played the game?

Exactly one hour.

Controls were ok but it was really easy do feel lost in the game, not in a good way, maybe you should highlight all the possible connections for the selected ball. Also, something that I found very odd was the lack of information regarding the levels, a little indication of where you are and where you'll go would be good... Seriously.

Graphics and style?

Have you tried any minimalist background with the game? I don't know if the current one is a good choice since you have to drive all the attention to the actual core of the game, at least it would be preferable. Besides this, the only complaint I have is the light in some of the levels.

Ps.: Levels would be better if they had any form of presentation within the challenge, you should play a little more with the shapes.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 12:07:22 PM by Detective Cosmos » Logged
Flynn1179
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 01:56:45 PM »

Not a bad puzzler, I liked the atmosphere, but I did get bored of it fairly quickly, for one simple reason: There doesn't seem to be any challenge, as I can't see how you can actually 'fail' a level. It got to the point where I was just randomly clicking around until I won.

You could maybe add in limitations like red balls can only be merged immediately after merging  blue balls, so you have to get the order right. You would end up with situations where you need to get to the point where you need to make sure that when you merge blue balls, you can merge the red immediately afterwards, or you'll lose your chance and fail the level.

Or perhaps add in the means to change the color of a ball a limited number of times, so you have to carefully decide what ball to change; get it wrong and you fail.
astralbyte
Level 0

Astral Byte

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 05:51:53 PM »

Needs something more entertaining, bit boring.  No real sense of accomplishment.

About 15 mins.

The camera movement was okay, but felt a bit too rigid, maybe adding a bit of acceleration and/or smoothing so would enhance the feel?

Graphics and style?
They were okay, bit boring.  Adding some animations/effects would help.  The level ending really lacked any sense of excitement.  Adding particle effects and animation would enhance things.

please, write if you find any technical issues

Also there is a typo in your tutorial, but since I couldn't find a level indicator I don't know what screen/map/etc.

Lastly, I found it a bit frustrating that often I could click a ball that had "no moves" and then have to click it again to deselect.  Instead I think you should play an animation with feedback sound showing it has no moves.  And possibly add a hover indication that a ball has no moves so they don't try and select it.  This could be combined with possible moves/balls when you select a sphere.  At least in the early stages until the player is used to the game.

LogicBugs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 07:25:51 PM »

I think you did a good job.  It is a nice relaxing game.

My main complaint is that sometimes it wouldn't let me collapse balls, and I never quite understood why, but then if I went to others randomly I was able to eventually collapse those I couldn't before.

The art is pretty simple but pleasant, and it was enjoyable to play for about 10 minutes.   I think you accomplished what you set out to do - make a relaxing activity.   The star background was nice.  Some of the levels had cool geometric designs that were fun to spin around and look at and appreciate- they looked good.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic