Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411431 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 04:01:38 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMaster Spy - Cinematic Stealth Platformer [Out on Steam!]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Author Topic: Master Spy - Cinematic Stealth Platformer [Out on Steam!]  (Read 23675 times)
TurboGun
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: June 19, 2015, 07:40:07 AM »

This should give a better look at checkpoints (and possibly why the Novice mode is necessary!):

Added a subtle little door animation when a checkpoint spawns Master Spy (also, sfx).

-Kris

TurboGun
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: June 29, 2015, 09:59:27 PM »

We're nearing completion of the beta test build! We just sent out a sign up for closed beta, with awesome results. Hoping to be feeding the sharks with new testers by the end of the week!

-Kris

TurboGun
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: August 10, 2015, 07:57:06 AM »

Been a while since our last update - we've been super busy fixing bugs and finishing things up. Testing has been going really well, and I've found it extremely important to delivering the best game that we can.

I'm also super excited to say that we've got a release date we are working towards, and we'll be announcing that in the very near future!

We got the final unlockable/alternate cutscene piece done, which goes a bit deeper into certain characters backstories while changing the story a little bit. Out of the five minute length, these frames might be the only ones that aren't spoilers:

-Kris

TurboGun
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: August 10, 2015, 09:32:53 PM »

Found out the hard that web audio api is kind of a memory hog (Master Spy is HTML5/JS using MelonJS, so it's either that or HTML5 audio, which wasn't cutting it). We were preloading ALL the music tracks and noticing extremely long start up/load times (1-2 minutes) and bloated memory usage - around 1.5 GB, which is kind of nuts.

I just spent the night making a simple audio loader/unloader that runs at all the points it would need to, and magically it doesn't look like I've broken the game! If you are looking for it, you'll see a split second delay before a cutscene now, but the trade off of only taking 300-400 MB of memory and having a super fast start up time are worth it.

Now it's time to make a trailer and lots of gifs!

-Kris

TurboGun
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: August 17, 2015, 05:43:08 AM »

I'm always amazed by the work John does on Master Spy. Check this scene out:

This piece finalizes all of the cutscenes. With the alternate scenes, we're well over 30 minutes! There's some pretty intense stuff that goes on, and John has been a wizard bringing this game to life. That fact has made it really hard to pick out just a few seconds for the trailer, but I think I've just about got that set. Keep an eye out for it.

-Kris

oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 17, 2015, 05:52:44 AM »

Wow. That looks great. And 30 minutes of that?! That's crazy...

Looking forward to the trailer!

3dgeminis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 17, 2015, 02:53:43 PM »

Novice Mode is now in the game! I might have to tweak some of checkpoint placements, but it will allow the player to tackle the tough parts individually. This will hopefully allow more people to beat the game and enjoy the later cutscenes. Here's a checkpoint (the dossier) in action:

I also just went through and added an option to turn off screenshake. There's only a couple instances where screenshake is implemented (crushers in the factory levels, getting hit by things like TIGERS), but if there's a chance it could give you headaches or you just don't like it, you have control over it now!

-Kris

Kitty, Kitty mealtime!  Wink
TurboGun
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: August 17, 2015, 08:40:35 PM »

Wow. That looks great. And 30 minutes of that?! That's crazy...

Looking forward to the trailer!

Thanks! One of the reasons it's taken us so long - tons of time has gone into them! Didn't sleep much last night but the trailer is prepped, will likely be posting that and announcing the release date next week!

TurboGun
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: August 17, 2015, 08:42:52 PM »

Kitty, Kitty mealtime!  Wink

Little known fact: A tiger's favorite food is Spy meat.

TurboGun
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: August 23, 2015, 07:53:02 PM »

I'm super pumped about the big news we're dropping coming tomorrow! Consider this the announcement for the announcement.

Possibly related, but we got our Steam Cards approved, and here's a preview of the badges:

-Kris

cykboy
Level 2

ye

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 23, 2015, 08:07:09 PM »

this looks fun as hell, beautiful pixel art  Beer!
Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: August 23, 2015, 09:02:08 PM »

I'm super pumped about the big news we're dropping coming tomorrow! Consider this the announcement for the announcement.

Possibly related, but we got our Steam Cards approved, and here's a preview of the badges:

-Kris
Hmm...does it have anything to do with the release trailer on your presskit?  Well, hello there!

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
TurboGun
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: August 23, 2015, 09:20:32 PM »

this looks fun as hell, beautiful pixel art  Beer!

Thanks! I'm just going to stare at the art in meta4 for a bit now...looks super cool!

TurboGun
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: August 23, 2015, 09:25:17 PM »

-Kris
Hmm...does it have anything to do with the release trailer on your presskit?  Well, hello there!

Who, Me? I might have preemptively updated that page...whoops! Hope you liked it! I'll be switching to having all that content on the home page of the site in the morning!  I actually have you on my list to email when I send those out Smiley Thanks Christian!

-Kris

diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: August 24, 2015, 07:04:59 AM »

Wow, this came a long way since I posted here last time! I want to play this.

Fun fact: I think we were influenced by the same stuff. I had a stealth project about 5 years ago with similar elements, 70s with high technology and the guy wears a trench coat and mask with camouflage systems.

TurboGun
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: August 24, 2015, 07:09:39 AM »

Fun fact: I think we were influenced by the same stuff. I had a stealth project about 5 years ago with similar elements, 70s with high technology and the guy wears a trench coat and mask with camouflage systems.

Thanks! Anachronistic tech is pretty cool to us, would love to see more!

TurboGun
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: August 24, 2015, 07:15:26 AM »

Are you ready?

Master Spy is coming out on Steam 09/08!

Pre-orders are available at http://masterspygame.com.

Check out the release trailer!

We're super pumped!
-Kris

TurboGun
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: September 05, 2015, 08:00:42 PM »

Only 2.5 more days until release! Hope you enjoy this out of context cutscene preview:

Taking a Saturday stroll. #JustMasterSpyThings

oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 05, 2015, 08:03:22 PM »

I know its super stressful leading up to the release, but try to enjoy yourself...

Best of luck on the launch! Will be snagging a copy...

diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: September 05, 2015, 08:55:58 PM »

Hyping! I'm soooo craving some stealth action (I recently played stealth inc 2, but it wasn't what I needed). Will buy as soon as I can.

Thanks! Anachronistic tech is pretty cool to us, would love to see more!

One day I will definitely continue working on it (Here's the stealth trench coat guy I mentioned). But I promised myself to finish the current project before.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic