Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411488 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 01:37:35 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeWritingTo aspiring (game) writers: Storytelling Course
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: To aspiring (game) writers: Storytelling Course  (Read 1326 times)
Secretmapper
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2013, 01:09:18 AM »

Hey guys, Iversity is offering a free online course Future of Storytelling

The quality is top-notch, and I seriously recommend it to aspiring game designers and writers.

(You can skip to Chapter 6 which tackles storytelling in video games, but it’s interesting as a whole so I would also check the other chapters if I were you)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 04:45:03 AM by Secretmapper » Logged
wccrawford
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 04:40:00 AM »

As someone who hasn't written a "story" since elementary school, this looks like it'll be right up my alley.  I've recently been lamenting that I have no clue how to write a proper story, even though one of my best friends is a writer and my girlfriend has a degree in cinema.  (Or something.  I probably should pay better attention, huh?)  I've always felt I had a talent for telling a story, but formulating it from scratch is my kryptonite.  It has to be a real story at this point.

Anyhow, thanks for this!  I plan to go through it and hopefully it'll be just what I need.
LuisAnton
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 12:46:17 PM »

I've been attending this course and I agree. It's interesting and fun. True that some Units have not much to do with storywriting (these about tv shows and web series), but they got me hooked nevertheless.

Secretmapper
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2013, 05:07:07 PM »

I disagree. I definitely see how it transcends to other media (like tv series and web shows). Saying that they are unrelated to storytelling is also like saying games are unrelated to it.
Sved
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2013, 06:47:52 PM »

I subscribed to the course, will see how it turns out soon, thanks for the info!

... but that is mostly psychological. Check my devlog!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic