Thanks for the feedback everybody! I agree with all of it and I’ve updated the game with some of it already. I have a full time job, so the progress is slow.
The goal of the game is indeed to cover as much area as possible, but each building gives a different point value (walls give 1 point, towers 5, camps 6, and your castle gives 30). I keep tweaking the stats although, so this will change. You can see the raw stats in JSON format here: http://kierkle.io/stats
- New Building: Catapult. Use the catapult to lob a projectile that does AOE damage around it’s target.
- Added tooltips if you hover over any of the buildings
- Buildings can be built using QWER keys: should help trackpad users a bit
Next Week Goals:
- Button to start match with AI: waiting 30 seconds does kinda suck.
- Tweaks to the server
- Start to update the art
- Update the Art: the idea is to have a variety of different armies (military, aliens, vampires, zombies, etc.), each with their unique take on the 4 buildings. I’ll start with a simple one: vikings. My art skills are pretty bad, so no promises.
- Upgradable buildings + a branching choice at the max level (allows for different troop types)
- Terrain: effects troop movement, building placement, etc.
Thanks for the help everyone!