Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411413 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 12:11:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingToo Many Ninjas
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
Print
Author Topic: Too Many Ninjas  (Read 60291 times)
fish
DOOMERANG
Level 10

cant spell selfish without fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: August 07, 2007, 06:22:46 AM »

TIGSuccess story!

Lim-Dul
Level 1

The Necromancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: August 07, 2007, 06:23:52 AM »

Oh yes! In my ad-horror-listing I forgot to mention all the buttons including PayPal. :-D

P.S. You do realize that I meant that as a joke, do you? I sure hope so... =)

P.P.S. And what are your thoughts about different difficulty settings? They wouldn't be too hard to code, would they? (Said the clueless non-coder.) Basically three different difficulty ramps and one menu. =)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 06:25:43 AM by Lim-Dul » Logged

War does not determine who is right - only who is left. - Bertrand Russell
handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: August 07, 2007, 06:29:44 AM »

Maybe you should just sell some too many ninjas merchandise, you know, t-shirts, posters, coffee mugs, toothbrushes, pajamas, or anything else you can slap a too many ninjas logo onto.

handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: August 07, 2007, 06:36:50 AM »

I just got 96(my first time in the 90's ever). Is the only way people were getting into the 110s from slow computers?(i hope so, because I couldn't even make it to 90 before and I kept getting seriously destroyed.)

I also thought of something else you might want to add in. I always wondered why you kept that bench in there after you took the swords out. Maybe you could have the wounded ninjas that you already defeated sit on the bench and watch you fight the rest of them. Smiley
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 06:41:39 AM by HandCraftedRadio » Logged

Lim-Dul
Level 1

The Necromancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: August 07, 2007, 06:43:43 AM »

I just got 96(my first time in the 90's ever).

I hate you. :-P

I always wondered why you kept that bench in there after you took the swords out.

This isn't a bench! It's some kind of Japanese roof or shrine or sth. but most definitely not a bench. Of course that would not hinder ninjas sitting on it. ^^

Maybe you should just sell some too many ninjas merchandise, you know, t-shirts, posters, coffee mugs, toothbrushes, pajamas, or anything else you can slap a too many ninjas logo onto.

Is there even anything like a "Too Many Ninjas!" logo? Unless you're talking about the samurai-dude.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 06:45:30 AM by Lim-Dul » Logged

Bennett
Jinky Jonky and the Spell of the Advergamez 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: August 07, 2007, 07:02:42 AM »

Ok, I put a donate link on, and cheers to David H for the first payment if that's one of you!  Kiss

I'm still not sure if I'm comfortable taking donations, my pride is fighting with my greed... If anyone wants to vote for removing it, feel free to say so... will this tiny button drive anyone away?

I'm off to bed. I feel like I've left a tooth under the pillow...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 07:07:03 AM by Benzido » Logged
Lim-Dul
Level 1

The Necromancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: August 07, 2007, 07:11:22 AM »

And another $5 from me - you know, I'm a poor guy from Poland... OK, at least from Poland. =)

handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: August 07, 2007, 07:12:32 AM »

99...so close to 100 (the closest possible actually). I also forgot to mention before that the level glitch still exists (says i was on level 9). And I think the donate button is fine, but you should definitely move it, I don't like it up there, too distracting. Seems like it should be at the bottom and centered.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 07:16:58 AM by HandCraftedRadio » Logged

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: August 07, 2007, 07:15:53 AM »

Where's the Paypal link exactly?  I don't see it.

EDIT: Nevermind, I had to clear my cache.
Daxx
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 07, 2007, 07:19:34 AM »

Ok, I put a donate link on, and cheers to David H for the first payment if that's one of you!  Kiss

That was me. I've been following this thread (I found the game through SU and tracked down this forum with a Google search) and waiting to see if there was a chance to donate. Smiley

Kudos on an excellent game.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 07:23:53 AM by Daxx » Logged
Belgianbonzai
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 07, 2007, 07:33:03 AM »

99...so close to 100 (the closest possible actually).

So you're the one, hmm Smiley
I'll get you!!!
But you're sure not making it easy :D

Gratz on the highscore...

... for now Wink (at least i hope i manage to beat you)
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: August 07, 2007, 10:56:14 AM »

Very nice game Grin I didn't like the very first versions but it became very enjoyable now.
I have two remarks:
-The shurikens on the ground become distracting after a while because thy are the same color as the ninjas.
-I don't know if that's intended or not, but there seems to be an extra frame of animation for the strikes done on the right, it seems to make it a little more difficult for the enemies coming from the right, although this could just be my imagination.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Bennett
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 07, 2007, 03:25:24 PM »

Thanks everyone for your donations! It has inspired me... I can't wait to get my second game up and running and do an 'orisinal'-type website (but with fewer games)

I don't know if that's intended or not, but there seems to be an extra frame of animation for the strikes done on the right

This is by design - if the sword has to go from left to right it takes one frame longer. If you immediately transition from right to left there's an extra frame, too.

The shurikens on the ground become distracting after a while because thy are the same color as the ninjas.

Yeah, I've been thinking of rotating the palette on the discarded shurikens to dim them... I'll try it out and see.
Lim-Dul
Level 1

The Necromancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: August 07, 2007, 03:48:18 PM »

This is by design - if the sword has to go from left to right it takes one frame longer. If you immediately transition from right to left there's an extra frame, too.

I don't think this is what he means. And I think he's right that he has found a kind-of-bug.

The samurai makes some kind of "jerky" motion when swinging the sword from left to right - as if he was playing a frame that doesn't belong there (because he does). I think this has something to do with your fixing the problem of both directional keys being pressed simultaneously. Just check it out and watch the samurai more closely instead of watching the ninjas. =)

P.S. I, too, think that the PayPal button should be moved downwards.

Bennett
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 07, 2007, 04:37:45 PM »

Ok, I'll move the button.

I'm looking at it, and I'm pretty sure you're referring to the movement as I designed it. I recycled frames between the left- and right-facing animations. When samurai man swings from left to right, his first frame is also the first frame of his swing from neutral to top left. I felt like it gave the move a bit of a chunkier, baseball-y appearance. The downside is that in the first frame his head is pointed the wrong way, but I didn't think correcting this was worth the extra data.

I tried slowing it down to 10% of its original frame rate - I'm pretty sure there's no bug. But if people think it looks jerky, I guess I could fix it...
Belgianbonzai
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 07, 2007, 05:00:41 PM »

Lol did you see the new high score XD

time to up the difficulty again i think Smiley

(btw I like what you did with the effect on the stars, at least I only just noticed it turned to blue'ish glowing stars instead of a white splash, so i think its a recent change)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 05:48:07 PM by Belgianbonzai » Logged
Bennett
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 07, 2007, 05:45:05 PM »

Yeah 'tom riddle' got 159. I think it must have been a database hack, so I removed it. Now I think only the server can access the database files. If Tom Riddle can repeat his score of 159, I'll let it stay Smiley
Monothu
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 07, 2007, 06:00:31 PM »

I don't like how the shurikens magically change color when they hit the ground.  I know some people found it distracting the other way, but it's weird the way it is now.  Why don't you make the shurikens the dark purple color at all times, not just when they're on the ground?  That seems like it would be a lot better.

Breathing - America's true national pastime.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: August 07, 2007, 06:06:50 PM »

What I mean is that [it seems that] when you go from the left position to the up-left position it takes less time than to go right->up-right position. Because there is an additional movement in the animation. That would make it a bit more difficult against enemies coming from the right.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Lim-Dul
Level 1

The Necromancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: August 07, 2007, 07:18:28 PM »

Why don't you make the shurikens the dark purple color at all times, not just when they're on the ground?

Yeah - I suggested that the shurikens be a different color a while ago...

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic