Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411515 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 04:00:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesNo Man's Sky
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 61
Print
Author Topic: No Man's Sky  (Read 80323 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 07, 2016, 09:21:11 AM »

people are already disappointed. gotta wonder what they were expecting tbh. it was always clear that this game wasn't going to revolutionize videogames. there's literally no mechanic in it that hasn't been done before, from what i've seen. the only difference from a million other exploration and crafting games out there seems to be pretty graphics.

i mean i might actually get it once it comes out officially because it looks fun (and is the closest thing to a modern noctis despite everything). i'm just not expecting some kind of mindblowing experience.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: August 07, 2016, 09:25:34 AM »

http://www.no-mans-sky.com/2016/08/update-1-03/

Those leaked copies must've been incredibly frustrating for Hello Games, what with all the criticism of stuff that's fixed/removed/changed entirely in this patch.

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 07, 2016, 09:28:17 AM »

if this game so shitty why does every man crave for it so much
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 07, 2016, 09:29:02 AM »

if this game so shitty why does every man crave for it so much

because it's a dumb open world space game with instagram graphics. what's not to like?
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 07, 2016, 09:31:46 AM »

thats just like Precursors and nobody wants it
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 07, 2016, 09:35:00 AM »

Well where I hang it's really liked so, but the progression is what seems disapointing with the leaked version (not enough crazy toward the middle) Also middle of the galaxy is only a milstone so it's not the end ... so who know, people notice the flip flop from center of galaxy to center of the universe in the PR, also galaxy are not round, they are galatic corridor lol. People notice the individual race people have procedural writing that seems well done (they have their own manner of speech)

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 07, 2016, 09:35:21 AM »

http://www.no-mans-sky.com/2016/08/update-1-03/

Those leaked copies must've been incredibly frustrating for Hello Games, what with all the criticism of stuff that's fixed/removed/changed entirely in this patch.

they should have pushed the release date back a little more and sent out early copies with the "day 1 patch" already in place. i guess they wanted to appease all those nerds who already lost their shit over the one month delay. either that or publisher pressure.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 07, 2016, 09:36:05 AM »

thats just like Precursors and nobody wants it

precursors is janky and lacks instagram
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 07, 2016, 09:52:17 AM »

you seem like a person who would not be satisfied even if thing is better than it is
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 07, 2016, 10:23:11 AM »

what do you mean?
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 07, 2016, 10:31:17 AM »

BTW the leak version seems to be like the internal beta playtest version for balancing ... the day one patch will fix and add many things (such has "pet friending" alien life) and balance rarity

spoiler thread
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1254972&page=128

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 07, 2016, 11:05:15 AM »

Originally Posted by SomTervo

Minor side quest/conversation spoiler:

I thought I was offering to help an alien out with a bounty.

Turns out I was offering to take his place as husband to an alien lass.

FMNMSL

Learn to speak alien languages before you engage in complex conversations, kids

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 07, 2016, 12:38:55 PM »

so it's a linear game where you solve quests? already close to not interested.
JWK5
Level 9

A fool with a tool is an artist.

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 07, 2016, 01:06:46 PM »

I was on the fence between getting No Man's Sky, Grand Kingdom, and God Eater 2: Rage Burst this month for my gaming splurge. Unfortunately, I kind of got the same vibe as you Silbereisen, from what I could tell from all the videos and whatnot I saw of it you're pretty much just wandering around going "Ooh! Aah!" at all the procedural stuff while given paper-thin goals.

I ended up getting Grand Kingdom, which is fucking awesome, and curiosity forced me to get God Eater: Resurrection just to see what the series was like (Monster Hunter + dystopian future) and it too turned out to be pretty awesome (I am hooked on the character interaction).

I'll wait for the influx of reviews and "Let's Play" videos before I decide if No Man's Sky is worth diving into.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, a procedurally generated Monster Hunter-type game where you go to random planets and poach the living shit out of giant aggressive-for-no-reason creatures would be awesome!

My Art Tutorials:
 Here

"Today is victory over yourself of yesterday, tomorrow is victory over lesser men." - Miyamoto Musashi
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: August 07, 2016, 02:07:48 PM »

i'm just gonna have a good time puttering around in space.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 07, 2016, 02:10:05 PM »

i'm just gonna have a good time puttering around in space.

same
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 07, 2016, 02:25:10 PM »

EDIT: Now that I think about it, a procedurally generated Monster Hunter-type game where you go to random planets and poach the living shit out of giant aggressive-for-no-reason creatures would be awesome!

Very light version of that actually, with more interaction with animal, you can feed some of them and they poop resources for example.

so it's a linear game where you solve quests? already close to not interested.

No, it's basically a galaxy size corridor, ie the galaxy is a big oriented box with galactic width and height, it's functionally the same, except of center you have a forward end. Basically a game designer galaxy.

The image is a joke though

Source

http://i.imgur.com/AoG18sE.png

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 07, 2016, 10:29:28 PM »

well there is this too

« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 10:40:18 PM by gimymblert » Logged

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 09, 2016, 02:04:33 PM »

early reviews seem to be confirming my suspicions so far. exploring's cool, the basic gameplay loop is standard tree punching and survivalcrafting fare and gets old fast. i'll say more when i actually play it, but from what i've seen and read i think adding a progression loop to this game at all was a mistake. it should have been pure sandbox and focused around interesting interactions and seeing interesting things rather than building bigger ships or whatever.
J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: August 09, 2016, 03:32:02 PM »

interesting interactions and seeing interesting things
cannot be delivered in the first place.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 61
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic