Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 04:16:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesNo Man's Sky
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61]
Print
Author Topic: No Man's Sky  (Read 80262 times)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #1200 on: July 27, 2018, 09:50:21 PM »

NMS is a good study on what happens to a game with no clear design or game loop. I'm not being an ass - or, rather, I'm not just being one - but it's unreal how unfocused this game is and how much it suffers from it

Two years later and we're left with an incredibly menu-heavy game with some of the worst menus in the genre. Our goal is to survive, explore, and reach the center of the galaxy - or it's to build bases and trade? We have a laser. We can laser rocks so that the laser is better at being a laser - but why would we?

There's a good game somewhere in here, but it requires a massive, George Lucas-esque cutting down of all the crap and "me too!" features.
Nah bro, its the genre that works like this, it's just the latest shinier one of the series of an obscure non mainstream genre of space exploration games, who all have that loop, it's more about "mimicry" of being space explorer rather than have a tight besthesda, exploration kill loot loop. Ubi soft might have what you want, I'll keep my nms... and keep the ubi one too lol.

Raptor85
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1201 on: July 28, 2018, 02:06:40 PM »

Combat is not the focus of this game
the launch videos used on steam and ps4 tho...it was literally the entire reason I bought the game back then :/

https://youtu.be/nLtmEjqzg7M?t=144

-Fuzzy Spider
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: July 28, 2018, 03:04:29 PM »

That's an action you can do in the game, and it's sony's marketing, not hello game's

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: July 29, 2018, 01:03:21 AM »

Spore any% in 49:37

SousaVilla
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: July 29, 2018, 09:06:40 AM »

Combat is not the focus of this game
the launch videos used on steam and ps4 tho...it was literally the entire reason I bought the game back then :/

https://youtu.be/nLtmEjqzg7M?t=144

With the exception of a stomping dinosaur in the start of the trailer, everything else can happen in the game now and I honestly dont know how can you presume combat depth from that trailer since it only shows a very basic point and fire system, which is mostly what we have in nms.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: July 31, 2018, 07:28:15 PM »

Star Citizen Alpha 3.2: Looks Great - Shame About The Bugs

GeorgeJanko1
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: August 15, 2018, 08:35:03 AM »

At first I was tempted about it but finally I have not liked; probably the expectation bar was raised too high from me
NowSayPillow
Level 1

John Carmack Clone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1207 on: August 21, 2018, 07:58:10 AM »

Having believed the hype for the "Next" update I went out and picked up a copy.

I'll be honest, it's a better game than it was but it's still not quite there. It's still made up mostly of busy work, I'm still not entirely sure what the game wants me to be doing at any given time, and the sentinels make mining for materials a complete chore. I want desperately to love this game; it's absolutely gorgeous, it's gets the atmosphere of exploring alien worlds just right but just about everything else about the game is obnoxious.

I'm REALLY hoping all of this stuff is ironed out by the next big update because it's almost there it just needs to be focused.

Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1208 on: August 21, 2018, 02:36:48 PM »

I re-finished the Atlas Path and most of the Artemis Path in the new update and there is really no huge difference beyond some tech tree fiddling and "you get a free freighter" so this is basically just Free Freighter DLC
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: August 22, 2018, 06:27:08 AM »

and multiplayer

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: August 28, 2018, 08:49:08 AM »

With multiplayer, the game has become the Role player wet dream, the absence of system is exactly what role player want (see star wars galaxy myth mmo in that player's type)

Fanaticdozzy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: August 28, 2018, 09:27:22 PM »

This does look pretty legit. I've never played before, but ill make sure to add this one to my list of gamesto try and get for the upcoming month. Seems my list is getting bigger, but my budget for  games has stayed the same. Let's see how this turns out.

Just do it !
Reflox
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: August 30, 2018, 02:54:29 AM »

This does look pretty legit. I've never played before, but ill make sure to add this one to my list of gamesto try and get for the upcoming month. Seems my list is getting bigger, but my budget for  games has stayed the same. Let's see how this turns out.

I'm on the same idea like you, i just think that if they stopped updates for some reason, we could be late and find the universe a lonely place to be when we decide to actually play the game  Beg
kingdomslayer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: September 03, 2018, 07:34:31 AM »

Been watching a lot of streamers playing this game lately and I think that's it's quite fun and I might try it !
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: November 21, 2018, 08:18:47 AM »

No Man's Sky Visions

indominator
Level 1

?????

View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: November 24, 2018, 11:15:17 PM »

i tried playing no mans sky, the normal mode seemed too much of a walking simulator, fetch quests and doing small repetitive chores. i wanted to be an explorer, not to feel like i was in fallout 76 and had to keep carrying too much junk around in a horrible inventory system. the creative mode kills progression so its no fun for me. dunno, imma stay with books

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: March 21, 2019, 06:47:24 AM »

Conclusions

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic