Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 04:13:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesNo Man's Sky
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 61
Print
Author Topic: No Man's Sky  (Read 80261 times)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #980 on: March 08, 2017, 10:02:52 AM »

Come on, you can own multiple ship, name them, and fight space ctullu using 3 arms and half of jar jar ewoks

Torchkas
Level 10

collects sawdust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #981 on: March 08, 2017, 10:05:13 AM »

Weren't there reports of them losing their progress in a flood or something? I wonder if they're trying to catch up, but released the game anyway because people were asking for it. Commercial early access.

Bad_Dude 2017
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #982 on: March 08, 2017, 10:35:05 AM »

losing progress in unnaceptable as is any act of censorhip
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #983 on: March 08, 2017, 10:57:34 AM »

http://no-mans-sky.com/pathfinder-update/
INTRODUCING PATH FINDER (UPDATE 1.2)

Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #984 on: March 08, 2017, 11:06:39 AM »

Asynchronous dune buggy racing as the flagship content

"Also, all our procedural ships and guns have stats now"

Pffffffft
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #985 on: March 08, 2017, 11:30:07 AM »

Weren't there reports of them losing their progress in a flood or something? I wonder if they're trying to catch up, but released the game anyway because people were asking for it. Commercial early access.

that was very very early in dev. like a month after the game was announced or so.

i mean it was definitely unfinished on release, but that was probably more due to publisher pressure than the flood.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #986 on: March 09, 2017, 09:36:36 AM »

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #987 on: March 09, 2017, 09:44:46 AM »

Stealth undocumented updates
https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/5ye6jc/undocumented_changes_in_the_pathfinder_update/

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #988 on: March 09, 2017, 09:59:39 AM »

-Minor text fixes
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #989 on: March 09, 2017, 12:28:08 PM »

Mass Effect Andromeda: Driving and Upgrading The Nomad - IGN First

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #990 on: March 09, 2017, 01:14:23 PM »

space monster trucks are the new black
Bad_Dude 2017
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #991 on: March 09, 2017, 02:06:23 PM »

her face looks like a monster truck
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #992 on: March 10, 2017, 12:22:00 PM »

shepard's face looks like a monster truck

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #993 on: March 10, 2017, 02:59:13 PM »

more lies from the DEPLORABLE RASCAL seamus mergo
MeshGearFox
Level 9

When you have no one, no one can hurt you.

View Profile
« Reply #994 on: March 11, 2017, 01:56:38 PM »

Actual question this time since I've variously been playing MDDClone and Star Flight 2 which got me thinking about open world space games again, and then update happened so more attention, but like

is there a summary of the stuff that people were disappointed with here/"lies"/whatever? A lot of the complaints just kind of sound like issues/quirks inherent to the subgenre to me?

I mean like Battlecruiser Millennium got less seething hatred which seems a bit /off/ to me.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #995 on: March 11, 2017, 03:49:32 PM »

Two fold, people wanted story with deep npc, great fight encounter, skyrim in space (hi frequency encounter), nerdy astrophysics simulation and multiplayer, though a lot of "teh lies" has been debunked or typical game dev deprecation (though we really don't know fo all given the nature of the game and new thing are still discovered), but googling no man's lie (on youtube for example) will give you everything you want. But most negativity literally died down after the foundation update aside from teh occasional hater, the main reddit used to be a cesspool has pacified almost literally overnight! The problem is that teh game was marketed like a AAA par sony, due to its unique and impactful artstyle, so it brought the game to high expectation.

I think TotalBiscuit said something about teh whole genre and what happen to no man's sky that was pretty spot on and reasonable (the game is in the "desperation genre").

SousaVilla
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #996 on: March 12, 2017, 04:10:12 AM »

Actual question this time since I've variously been playing MDDClone and Star Flight 2 which got me thinking about open world space games again, and then update happened so more attention, but like

is there a summary of the stuff that people were disappointed with here/"lies"/whatever? A lot of the complaints just kind of sound like issues/quirks inherent to the subgenre to me?

I mean like Battlecruiser Millennium got less seething hatred which seems a bit /off/ to me.

If you wanna open this can of worms here it is: https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/4y1h9i/wheres_the_no_mans_sky_we_were_sold_on_a_big_list/

edit: some of the things in this list were added in patches, like ship classes, but the majority is not in the game especially the physics stuff.
Bad_Dude 2017
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #997 on: March 12, 2017, 04:26:05 AM »

no one really knew what the game was about, there was literally no full gameplay videos before release, only small clips, and they pandered toward the procgen universe adventure angle quite heavily.
Also its trailer debuted during a time of new IP drought and dull grey mediocrity in games, before pastel colors and tumblr filter became industry standart. 2014 was notoriously joked to be the year that does not exist, it was time of remasters and mediocre AAA major releases like AC Unity, Titanfall and Watch_Dogs, so it got a lot of good will just compared to that.

I honestly think that narrative of insane space adventure game was created by public. When it was not satisfied, people simply created another comfy narrative of deliberate lies and deception by quote mining Murray.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 04:32:17 AM by Bad_Dude 2017 » Logged
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #998 on: March 12, 2017, 07:07:41 AM »

Yep because when you source these quote (I did a few pages back) they are truncated of a part that specify very much what we end up having. During my research I found out that a lot of information where second hand data propagate by channel and forums, since day one the dev have said no classic multiplayer and references darksoul's note, even JUST after the reveal a journalist told there wasn't multiplayer. That was insane ...

MeshGearFox
Level 9

When you have no one, no one can hurt you.

View Profile
« Reply #999 on: March 12, 2017, 07:22:26 AM »

Ya so I guess for me it's like
Open-world space games just have a long history of underdelivering, especially 3D ones, and especially when planetary flight is a major component.

Why weren't people more guarded about this? Are gamers incapable of remembering, or at least being aware of, anything prior to 2010?

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 61
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic