Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 02:31:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTHE BODY CHANGER - single pl. 3D ACTION-ADV with METROIDVANIA elements on STEAM
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: THE BODY CHANGER - single pl. 3D ACTION-ADV with METROIDVANIA elements on STEAM  (Read 10718 times)
mrKaizen
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: December 21, 2013, 01:42:51 PM »

The Body Changer is the son of our previous project, EFFING DEAD. For PC, UBUNTU and maybe Mac (& other Linux distro).
It's an action adventure in space with survival elements that maintain the same action mechanic from EFFING DEAD - shooting and melee fight with the V-Blade - but it's more puzzle oriented and has a completely new gameplay style which is a multiple use of character. You start with one and find terminals to activate the others...

About the game Universe: you control the NO-END's SynBs, a company that search water on other planets.
Your mission is to clean and purify all the water on the space station by using different type of SynBs for solving puzzles and eliminate infected and mutated SynBs.

DEMO: Current DEMO availabe also on STEAM or from IndieDB:

Some pics and the trailers:

and the new one:

If you enjoy the pics and video Gomez you can buy The Body Changer right now! If you buy it you will instantly access the current Alpha :

Any comments are, as usual, appreciated! Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Left -
TKS ^_^
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 05:02:50 PM by mrKaizen » Logged

mrKaizen
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 03:02:33 AM »

Hi Amazing TigForum
Happy New Year! Wink
We are proud to announce that: The Body Changer is on DESURA Smiley

Tks in advance for your support Wink and any comment ^_^

mrKaizen
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 03:37:25 PM »

Hi
after some very nice reviews on Desura we have the first video review, from DangerGerbil - a very nice guy:

(spoiler alert! even if only for half first level).

He played very well, read everything should be read :D and he also use the barrel roll :D
We had some letsPlay that was.. ehm... "strange" :D but this one rocks Wink

Check it out!

mrKaizen
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 03:54:52 PM »

Hi people!
Finally we are on GREENLIGHT with THE BODY CHANGER!
Please support, if you like it!
If you haven't you can try the demo from DESURA
Btw, the average rating is currently 9.3/10. People that tried it seems to like it :D

And the current video on youTube:

and some new screens:

TKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

mrKaizen
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 02:01:39 PM »

Hi people,
finally the menu is coming!

Btw our current rating on Desura and here on IndieDB are very good, 9.2/10 - 9.1/10 plus we have soooo many Good comments. Like..:

«the best desura game»
«I'd describe it as a mix of Lost Vikings and Portal.»
«Very innovative approach to the third person game genre. Creative puzzles mixed with some good action. I would say one of the best games developed now considering the indie status»
«The Body Changer has been the best looking and most interesting game I’ve played this 2014. »
«Really cool game should be more famous»
«Such a very well developed game, just loved the fact that the game is so unique. »
«This is a very nice game concept, I really liked it, and that's saying much cause I don't like puzzle games in general.»

eheh very proud of it Wink but the way to STEAM is still long and hard so, if you like, please support us on GREENLIGHT ^_^

So the current update:

• The new Sector 3, with some nice dark zone and a new SynB, the Dart, which has a nice new ability (pictures above)
  • A better check for the plugged-in joypad, because on some machines our engine doesn't see the pad
  • Fixed an important bug that "destroys" the UI on window resize
  • Better save game with a new management, and this goes with...
  • ...the game menu! Yes, finally, we are on it. Wink This will take some time but it's an important step so it needs it.
  • The game story - we are writing all the stuff about the SynBs (that means Synthetic Beings) and the world of The Body Changer, the events of the game and much more. Many asked about the SynBs, what they are etc... so the info are coming.
  • Some minor bug fixing and we are also looking for some compatibility problems with Win8 (still in progress)

And the new images:

Please support us on GREENLIGHT
TKS in ADVANCE. ^_^

mrKaizen
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 01:20:38 PM »

TKS TO ALL THE SUPPORTER!
Finally THE BODY CHANGER  has been Greenlit!
oK, Now let's finish the game :D

netravelr
Level 0

@jodoran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 05:25:52 PM »

Congrats on getting Greenlit! The game looks quite interesting, hopefully being on Steam will give it the exposure you're looking for.

Technical Designer/Programmer
Game Design Portfolio - Twitter
Experienced in: C/C++, Unity, Unreal, Flash and Python
mrKaizen
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2014, 12:18:02 PM »

Congrats on getting Greenlit! The game looks quite interesting, hopefully being on Steam will give it the exposure you're looking for.
TKS! Wink
eheh I hope that people will like it, we are proud of what we are making but of course there is still place for improvement Wink

mrKaizen
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2014, 03:46:53 PM »

Hi guys
it's a long time with no news but, you know, the hard live of a developer is.. ehm, hard. :|
So, today news is that finally THE BODY CHANGER is on STEAM Early Access.

The game will be available October the 17th with more or less half of the final game sectors (levels), almost all achivements and some cards.
And maybe zero bugs... Tongue

We are very proud of it :D

Some udpated screens:

Tks again for all your indie support and remember to spread the word, if you like! ^__^

mrKaizen
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2014, 06:36:24 AM »

Here are the updated achievements icons for STEAM:

The achievement list is also available from the game menus, under the (obvious) "Achivements" tab:

So it's possible to see your progress during the game, without passing through STEAM overlay.
It's also possible that we will add some more because, you know, they are funny and we are honestly enjoying making achievements. ^_^

I'm now on the CARDS but, of course, I'm late  Cry

mrKaizen
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2014, 05:10:10 PM »

So, finally we are on STEAM, since this morning:

Super happiness :D
Now let's finish the game and hope for some money for helping the development (and the developers Tongue).

mrKaizen
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2014, 02:03:14 PM »

This is one of the new sector - the main room is bigger then usual because it's a big puzzle with more characters (the SynBs) involved:

During the development even if we liked the idea using more then 2 SynBs, it wasn't that funny so we thought about different ideas and concepts. This one it the first big puzzle of the game with more then 2 and it's works very well, we are very happy with the final result, it's long and very nice to play.

Here some imgs, during the game:

Another new things we are introducing - it's an old idea that we really love - are 3 new gameplay modes based on some of our game mechanics.
TBC has a lot of great puzzles but it works very well also with the fights, so our intent is to make sectors parts available as fights zones but with particular purpose, based on those mechanics.
We are trying this parts now and, I must say, they work very well and are surprisingly very addictive. We just need to balance them a bit more, find out the right way to make those parts available and then it will be release time with a new alpha, I think. Wink

mrKaizen
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2014, 05:28:30 PM »

A rapid update about the 3 new game modes made primary of a lot of action in challenging mechanics from the main game. Smiley
I love the first two (third is not ready, need to be polish a bit more and a better "ending"), they are like a drug - I use to play for more or less 2 hours in a single round with the excuse it's all beta testing Tongue

Here some imgs from mode 2 - soon with a decent name Tongue :

I'm finally changing a bit the HUD selector icons and maybe something more - I'm trying something simple and more modern. I really need to find inspiration, usually I'm fast with this kind of things but not this time. Sad I hate myself sometimes :D

Next update I think I will show the final version.

mrKaizen
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2014, 03:02:20 PM »

A new and HUGE update is finally available with a lot of nice things and a most of all: the 3 NEW GAME MODES are finally available!

The concept of the Arena Modes is to have a fast plays on a game not related to the main story mode, think like "the Mercenaries" from RE4 but with our unique game mechanics developed around time that is running out.
To unlock the menu with the Arena Modes you need to finish sector 1 because we want to be sure that you will have reached the minimum of combat knowledge. After this you will be able to play with the first area (in current alpha of course) but we will add more and more areas in the future releases.

Any mode is about fighting and surviving but has a unique game mechanic with a special set of custom weapons and different types of enemies, so it's not simple shot-or-die (and use and abuse of the combos for making points) but you need to follow the "mission" and kill as many as possible enemies (by making combos!). 
The areas are pieces from the single sectors but with variations, more rooms and corridors so you can move in at least one circle.
The weapons are graphically the same as the one you found in the story mode but with different values for any distinct attribute - reloading time, spread, damage, distance, max number of ammo - that's because we focus on having as much fan as possible by killing the enemies without any kind of frustration by the combat system and we think the balance works very very well. We added also applause sound effects when you kill more enemies at the same time, and believe me it's very funny.
Because the Arena Modes   were born for having great time in fast plays and make more points as possible we will add soon STEAM LEADERBOARDS.

Pic from the first one, "d-Disk Data Collect", where you need to collect data-disks for having more time to kill the enemies:

Pic from the second, "Altered Signal" were you are loosing camera connection and you need to find batteries or a camera distortion will appear on screen (see previous post):

Pic from the third, "Survive the Virus" were you are infected and you need to collect the vaccine. The more your energy goes down the more a "virus" overlay becomes visible:

and here the overlay, made of different blood stains layers with some change on color mix effect and on alpha:

And here the icons from the bonuses and stuff to collect:

But the update is not only about this, so here is our current development change log:

• UPDATED HUD ICONS: the objects icons are now brighter with a stronger stroke around and we fixed also a Z-index "bug" where the icons were drawn BEHIND instead of in front of the selector.
  • UPDATED HUD SELECTOR and TABS: elements are now all blue with less alpha for better contrast and the selector in particular is completely new, with a nicer and more modern design
  • DIFFICULTY OPTION is no more available from the option menu - when you will start a new game you will also choose the difficulty level
  • NEW GUI ELEMENTS: we have made a new group of elements for the in-game pop-ups that we will include asap.
  • GAME TEXTS are now all into an unique file, from menu to game text to story - you know, order is always better Wink
Here the HUD:

And an example WIP for the new elements in the GUI:

Next to come: include Sector 6 in current story mode, insert the leaderboards in the 3 new game mode, add the new GUI elements and continue with Sector 7.

Helll yeah. ^_^

mrKaizen
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2014, 12:49:15 AM »

HI! Time for voting on IndieDB... would you like to support THE BODY CHANGER? TKS!

TKS for your support!

mrKaizen
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2014, 06:02:10 PM »

Ehi, even Spiderman has voted TBC on IndieDB, for the INDIE OF THE YEAR 2014 - maybe you should too:

Cheesy
Only the Daily Bugle is against us Tongue

mrKaizen
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2014, 02:41:32 PM »

Ehi we are in the TOP 100 of IndieDB INDIE OF THE YEAR 2014!
Tks to all supporters! Wink ..and also to Spiderman. Tongue

Of course it's not ended here, so PLEASE support in this SECOND ROUND if you can!

TKS SO MUCH in advance!

« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 02:53:00 PM by mrKaizen » Logged

mrKaizen
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2014, 04:10:40 PM »

Hi all!
Today we have on the menu: new updated version of the DEMO with the new in-game HUD and finally a FREE ARENA MODE!

You can download it from IndieDB, of course, and then maybe vote on the INDIE OF THE YEAR 2014, if you enjoy it! Smiley

We have also a video from a follower with some action moments from the ARENA MODES, if you like you can take a look here:

For DESURA USERS:
THE BODY CHANGER is also on SALE, until monday, on DESURA - with of course STEAM KEY included:

If you will play the demo, please write come critics and comments, everything useful is appreciated Wink
Take care and have a great week end!

mrKaizen
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2014, 02:36:37 PM »

While we are on the new Sector, I'm finally (this time it's true Tongue I can prove it :D ) completing one after another my Steam Cards.
Here's one, absolutely ENDED - it was also 2 weeks ago BUT I made some changes and now I must say I'm satisfied:

and here is the one I'm working on RIGHT NOW:

Please comment, if you have 5 mins ^_^

And if you want, please vote my game on INDIE OF THE YEAR 2014, last 24h are running out Wink

mrKaizen
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2014, 09:30:34 AM »

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year people from TheShortAndTheTall!

We have done a little gift to our followers, 20 avatars from THE BODY CHANGER:

do you like? Wink

So, don't eat too much, by playing games you will not lose too much weight Tongue

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic