Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 01:08:40 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTHE BODY CHANGER - single pl. 3D ACTION-ADV with METROIDVANIA elements on STEAM
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: THE BODY CHANGER - single pl. 3D ACTION-ADV with METROIDVANIA elements on STEAM  (Read 10720 times)
mrKaizen
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2015, 03:05:58 PM »

Finally we have made it with an UBUNTU version

...with a demo Wink
Required version is UBUNTU 14.04.1 and here are some screens directly from the OS:

And here some WIP from next level, Sector-07, that is more or less an action oriented level after a completely puzzle oriented Sector-06.
The idea behind the level is to make a more dark zone focused on exploration and fights in big rooms with new monsters. Wink
The level ends with, finally, an upgrade for the Nexus SynB that gives him a special power with the gun.
The pics:

Next to come: Sector-08 even if we are changing last part a bit with a different action/puzzle mix:

Still lot to do even if last Sector, 10, is near...  Screamy

Low_Chance
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2015, 06:38:06 PM »

Hmm, looks very interesting! Really liking the art style. I'm reminded a bit of Killer 7, was that an inspiration?
mrKaizen
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2015, 01:47:32 PM »

Hmm, looks very interesting! Really liking the art style. I'm reminded a bit of Killer 7, was that an inspiration?
TKS!^_^ Not really. TBC started as a RE4 inspired game called Effing Dead (there is another topic about it here in the forum and, btw, it was greenlit even if we in some ways "forget" about it  Facepalm  Grin ) with more realistic lights and shaders. (or at least we tried Tongue )

Because the development takes toooo much time and the quality wasn't great as we would like, we took some times and reconsidered all the work done from the ground.
We had some ideas for a more puzzle oriented game and we tried also other gfx styles with different shaders and modelling, with the purpose to be fast as possible and find a more personal art-style. The toon effect from Ogre3D, the render engine we are using, works very well and we liked it a lot. So we made a fast demo and added the cooperative gameplay elements and we loved it. But the game was no more Eff-D so we decided to call it with a different name and we started to develop a new game but in the same world.

I think the Killer7 feeling comes from the use of a limited number of colors and, of course, not so many polygons in the environment... Btw I never played it and honestly it's one that I would like to have in my collection but never find it for cheap, sadly.. Sad Need to be rich so I can buy the first I will find on ebay Tongue
A lot of people told me that TBC looks like Borderlands, this is the first time someone says Killer7. Wink Ehi, 2 great titles, I'm proud of myself :D

Tks again!

mrKaizen
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2015, 06:13:21 PM »

Hi!
New update is about the new Sector-08.
The map changed a bit, in the final part with better puzzles - the initial gameplay didn't convince us that much and could have been a bit tedious with some puzzles about not-so-inspired rotating bridges/defense puzzle.

Here's the new map:

and the 3D:

Maybe the palette will change a bit and of course we are working also on the lights:

The Sector is very big and we think it will be great.. even if we will complete the game script next week, more or less, and only then we will find out if we were completely right.. Wink

Until next update take care and have a great week end! ^_^

mrKaizen
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2015, 04:52:44 PM »

Hi all! Today: HUGE UPDATE  Well, hello there! !
This new post is all about last month of work - so a lot of stuff with many screens.

Coming soon is a new BETA with all last 4 Sectors : 4 complete levels, improvements on controls, new puzzles, a new enemy type, new abilities for some SynBs, different fixes on enemy AI and more... In short, almost half a game in one shot.^__^
Below some screens, first the Sector-08 finally completed after many revisions, re-thoughts and a lot of test for a good balance.
The map:

And in game screens:

We changed many times the different parts for making the game hard but enjoyable and fair. In particular we tried to make the constant SynB change mechanic funny and not tedious, because all the fights. The main point was to make any parts beatable only with a right strategy. We give for that a new ability  to the Ighel SynB, the shock beam, and that makes the gameplay very good and solving the puzzles while under attack is now much much better and enjoyable.
Of course this is our feelings, we hope also the player will love it!

Now we are on Sector-09 , almost done, which is a level like Sector-06, all about puzzles with 0 fights . Here's the map:

and some WIP screens, WIP because we are adding some more puzzles and maybe the palette could change a bit:

Tomorrow a new week meeting and then maybe a new news with MAYBE a release date for the BETA. Wink

Time to go to bed, have a great dev time people!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 05:00:51 PM by mrKaizen » Logged

mrKaizen
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2015, 05:48:22 PM »

Hi people!
After we made a fake (April) 2D Ultra Edition we finally release the new BETA! Uff, it was a HUGE work but now it's out and we think that the new stuff work great Wink
This new version, 0.9.0, has:

• 4 new and complete levels/sectors, all connected with many different battles and many puzzles - exploration is needed find out how to reach some of them Wink[/*]

• a lot of little bug fixes - wrong lighting for some area after a save game reload, barrel roll shortcut conflict between mouse and keyboard, occasional broken animation for some environment elements[/*]

• better path-finding algorithm for the enemies[/*]

• a improved body-change mechanic - you have more freedom to change between SynBs like, for example, when the enemies grab you[/*]

• some improved icons for the UI - a better ACTIVATOR + one for the new bonus[/*]

• a new type of enemy[/*]

• a new bonus object for the Nexus and the Ighel - find out by yourself Wink[/*]
Here the usual pics, enjoy:

For a limited period of time the game will also be on SALE, let's hope to sell some copies!

If you have any comment or suggestion please write!
Tks! -_^

mrKaizen
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2015, 04:23:15 PM »

Hi all!
Finally we have a DEMO on STEAM (with 3 complete levels),if you wanna try just click the image:

And if you like it please spread the voice, the game is still unknown - yes, we suck on PR...

Current BETA has 9 of 1o levels and we have also an INTRO:

+we fixed some bugs and added a new aim for ShockBeam, take a look (by clicking you will see a very short video on YT):

Now we are on last level, here some design:

Uff, did I mention how are is to reach new people? ^_^
If you are reading this, have you any good tips for us?

Tks in advance and please support the game if you like it Wink

mrKaizen
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2015, 05:58:29 AM »

uff a long that I didn't post new stuff... Embarrassed
You know what, developing is hard but "staying social" + doing all the PR stuff is much harder. Cry 8even more for only 2 persons).
Btw, we have COMPLETED THE GAME with all the 10 Sectors and a lot of improvements - take a look:

This version has also a lot of fixes, new hints, new rooms and more cut scenes plus a complete new feature which is a new MAP SYSTEM, related to the collectable-items. You can see on the map where your current SynB and the other SynBs are at any time and see also other informations about the sector:

We have added new cut scenes and texts because we see that some people need to have more hint and don't understand that much some game elements.

All the arenas are ALL DONE and READY to play – you just need to find out how unlock them Tongue
The game modes for the arena mode are still 3 and for each one there are 3 different sectors with a different weapons asset – for a total of 9 different arenas.

We have now 5 languages (English, Italian, Spanish, German, Romanian and Chinese Simplified) + 3 more language to come (French, Brazilian portuguese and Finnish), tks to many nice followers  Kiss.

and finally the STEAM CARDS!

Next week we will finally jump out of EARLY ACCESS.
We are so happy, I must honestly say Wink
So what do you think about the game? ^_^

mrKaizen
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2015, 05:01:27 PM »

HI ALL! DOOOOONE!
Finally we are out of EARLY ACCESS with THE BODY CHANGER! It was hard but we are VERY happy with the result.
Tks to some fans, followers and friends we made it also with the LOCALIZATION, and the game is now available in English, Chinese, German, Spanish, Romanian, French, Brazilian portuguese and Finnish!
THAT's GREAT! 

Now if you haven't play the full game it's time to do it! Tongue (even because it's in SALE). Hopes it brings some money Wink
..and please tell your friends!

TheShortAndTheTall

hogge
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2015, 03:38:55 AM »

This game gives off some awesome late 90's vibes.

You HAVE to make a Dreamcast port!

mrKaizen
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2015, 02:51:02 PM »

This game gives off some awesome late 90's vibes.

You HAVE to make a Dreamcast port!

ahahah that's is an INSANE idea but it would be UBER COOL!  Hand Metal Left Hand Metal Left
I will speak to Alessio, let's see if it's possible. Wink (I'm not completely sure 'cause the use of double analog sticks  Cry - should try some of my games, maybe there is a way)

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic