Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 03:37:30 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsCommonplace BookMy entry [finished]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: My entry [finished]  (Read 21574 times)
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2008, 09:57:38 AM »

deadeye, I spoiler?

Yeah, I had a pretty cool idea for a little adventure game. But somehow I didn't find time to get started, and I realized that I only had a few hours to actually make a game left. So I thought I'd play it safe and go with the walking dead thing. But the game turned out really boring, and I had no idea how to fix it. So I just started throwing as many ideas from the list in there as I could, just for fun.

Aw. It's alright, game's quite enjoyable. Feels a tad incomplete, but it's amusing, and attractive as it could be. I enjoyed exploring and finding the different stuff from the book dispersed around. I might, in fact, vote for it.

deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2008, 10:03:31 AM »

deadeye, I spoiler?

Hmm, maybe not.  I did die unexpectedly though.  It could be I just wasn't watching my back and didn't notice something hitting me, as I was in the middle of blowing away a group of enemies.

tweet tweet @j_younger
r.kachowski
Level 5

and certainly no love below

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2008, 05:02:42 PM »

The atmosphere is awesome. I really like how the sketchy vibration of everything fits in with the music.

I spent ages walking through whitespace when spoiler, I got paranoid and started shooting every random sketch in the background  Grin

cool game!
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2008, 01:30:10 PM »

Very cool atmosphere. It gave Lovecraftian horror a bizarre new twist (as if it needed one). I found the game play pretty shallow, though. You can just shoot all your enemies before they notice you.

Camdag
Pixelhead
Level 1

sauce

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2008, 11:47:38 AM »

Echoing the sentiments about the fisheye effect, it really adds to the mood of the game, your character only being able to see directly around him, but it's not too opressive, like the spotlight in pitch blackness trick.

I'd really like to see this taken somewhere, maybe some actual quest to complete, and an overhead map(or chunks of map found through exploring). There's a lot of cool directions the game could take at this point, I think!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic