Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 06:27:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingInexistence: platforms, actions and mystery....
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Inexistence: platforms, actions and mystery....  (Read 9560 times)
Digital Awakening
Level 0

Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2014, 07:29:05 AM »

#5. What would you suggest?

I think the flower should take like 2 hits, this early in the game that seams more reasonable. Also a lower initial force for the jump would increase the jump control, so hitting enemies in the air (as well as jumping platforms) becomes easier.

Not sure how movement is done when he moves so far with only a quick tap, it's like standing on ice. I don't recall, is there any acceleration or is it full move speed from start? If it goes up to max instantly and then apply a slide it would make sense. If that's the case then you should have him accelerate over a short time period (maybe 0.2 sec). Or shorten the slide based on how long the key is pressed. So many ways to code movement Smiley

#6. I've read this before a few times but so far no one has actually provided where and why the text is weird which makes it impossible to fix. So I'll have to wait until people point out the problem with this as I translated the text.

It's quite a bit of work to go through all the text and make suggestions.

#7. Hmm.. this is the first time I've read about this, the amulet is very cheap. I understand your frustration but don't really think it's a big issue however. Just my opinion.

The amulet is 20, I had 14. Running back to the beginning earned me 21 coins. So I killed every monster and destroyed every block twice and only got 21. Increasing the rate of coins before the shop would fix this. Or add a chest with some coins etc.

#9. I've told this to the dev' before. I don't think there should be any insta-death in the whole game. The best alternative would be to appear on the edge of the platform and losing health as opposed to dying. Apparently, this is very difficult to program, I couldn't tell you though.

It shouldn't be very difficult. I got it working in my game Smiley

Follow me on Twitter @M_Esko
Zizka
Level 5

Super Toaster X

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2014, 10:44:32 AM »

It's quite a bit of work to go through all the text and make suggestions.

Oh you don't have to do it of course. I'm just saying that as long as people tell me what's wrong, I won't be able to fix it is all.

As for your other comments, I'll forward them to the dev', thanks. Grin

Digital Awakening
Level 0

Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2014, 01:07:56 AM »

I should add that I think that the beginning of the game is very important to get players hooked. I don't have a lot of time and patience, and a huge backlog of games to play. So if a game puts me off from the start I am likely not to play it. And there are probably more like me out there.

Follow me on Twitter @M_Esko
JonathanB
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2014, 02:41:46 PM »

Hi, I'm Jonathan BRASSAUD, the main developer of Inexistence !
And... That's it !

After months of hardworking, we're finally proud of the Kickstarter campaign launch !
Now this is serious, we're in ! We wish earn 30K for the game development.

If it works, we could manage our dream & live with our passion !

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/714585684/inexistence-a-brand-new-retro-rpg-platformer

Do not hesitate to share the info with your friends !

Main developer of Inexistence Rebirth - UI Artist at Ubisoft Montréal
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic