Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411499 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 09:40:51 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogspy, Places
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: py, Places  (Read 29550 times)
ktch
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2016, 12:17:23 PM »

Pretty much some minor tweaks remain so I'm expecting to release Place 5 during this week.

I'd like to make Linux binaries as well, as that's personally my primary platform for everything, but I've never distributed binaries in that environment. I'm guessing the biggest issue is shared libraries. Fortunately I'm only dependent on SDL2 and SDL2_mixer (which I'm considering replacing with just the audio stuff in SDL2, because SDL_mixer has quite a few dependencies itself). So I guess I could either package SDL2.so with the executable or link statically. Anyone have any experience with this?

ktch
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2016, 01:55:31 PM »

Hello everyone, just released Place 5!

Here's the full tumblr update.

Get it for Windows and Linux (64-bit) too.

For the Linux version I just statically linked to SDL2 and glew so it shouldn't depend on much. I hope it works, let me know of any issues!

ktch
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2016, 11:43:22 AM »

Hey everyone.

Recently finished Emscripten port of Place 5 which allows it to run in a web browser. You can try it out here (should work on Firefox and Chrome atleast).

I've also made a couple of "Sketches" during the last week or so. Sketches differ from Places in that they are a more raw representation of an idea and are done very quickly compared to Places (hours versus weeks). I don't try to polish them any more than is necessary to get the idea across. So far these have been more about exploring a certain mood and visual feel than about walking around in a specific place.

These also run in browser, links below.

alvarop
Level 9

ignorant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2016, 12:21:06 PM »

Just tried both places and it was very cool. You got an incredible atmosphere going.

i make games that can only ever be played once on http://throwaway.fun
ktch
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2017, 01:45:06 AM »

Hello, everyone!

Some time has passed since I've updated this devlog. With the limited time I've had outside of work, I've continued to iterate on the visual style. Some months ago I added basic water support and inspired by that, created Sketch 3. And now most recently I experimented a little with some shadow and water tweaks and grew Place 6 out of that.

You can download native executables for both here: http://jlv.fi/places

Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2017, 04:45:46 PM »

yesssssssssss
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic