Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411591 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 07, 2024, 05:54:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingOdd Knight! RoughLike ARCADE HighScore BraggingRights
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Odd Knight! RoughLike ARCADE HighScore BraggingRights  (Read 763 times)
Afon
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2014, 04:02:42 PM »

Hi there! I wanted to share this 3 day Solo-Project I did
Hope you like it, DISCLAIMER: IT IS HARD Cheesy, HAAARRRRD Cool, hard Wizard?... HArD My Word! (like back in the day T_T)
http://www.kongregate.com/games/ClairvoyanceDev/oddknight

Cheers!
joe_eyemobi
Level 3

Fledgling Indie Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 11:27:30 PM »

Hi, it's a fun looking game.

Here are my suggestions:
- speed up the regular movement of the knight, it just seems to move both slowly and overly ponderously at the moment
- perhaps have a projectile attack rather than melee, or speed up the melee attack and give it an arc to swing through.  Currently it seems slow and it's hard to hit anything

xix
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 07:54:47 AM »

Yeah the game is pretty cool. I wish there was more nuance to it, but it's definitely lots of fun as is.

The game has a really nice feel. The smoke effect is pretty sweet, and the graphics are effective. I see why you made the knight move as slowly as he does - running is a big part of the game. I do wish it wasn't so focused on your aim, though. Accurate mouse clicking has never been a favorite activity of mine as much as spatial management.

I'm sure you know there are a million things you could do to make the game better. Tbh, with a more cartoony art style I'm surprised at how restrictive it is. I enjoy strict games, but I feel as though exaggerated art styles beget more exaggeration via gameplay. Let the sword charge deal extra damage, widen the hitbox for the sword attack, make sprint even faster and have some extra dust effects. I can see you playing with neat effects (like on power up pickup) and if you keep working on this you can probably tweak them to get it just right.

Get the demo itch.io
Follow @lunarsignals on twitter
Afon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 12:28:29 PM »

good feedback, yes, ill make the hold attack do a Zelda kind of charge up damage wich will make the  hitbox  bigger.
ill let you know when it's up and running
Afon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 12:58:34 PM »

done Wink, good call !

DESTRUCTION!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic