Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411522 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 07:25:01 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingRunMan: Race Around the World (v 1.2 Dec 10)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Print
Author Topic: RunMan: Race Around the World (v 1.2 Dec 10)  (Read 46072 times)
Fuzz
« Reply #140 on: October 30, 2009, 01:52:01 PM »

on both v1 and 1.1, the game is unbearably slow on the level "tomb of the dozing" in the jungle of jive. i'd like to see more of the game, but i can't!

could someone download my save here-> http://willhostforfood.com/files4/5/2/8/5286085/save.zip
and then beat that level, and reupload the save? that would be much appreciated. hopefully later levels aren't as slow, because the early levels weren't!
deathtotheweird
« Reply #141 on: October 30, 2009, 02:36:51 PM »

on both v1 and 1.1, the game is unbearably slow on the level "tomb of the dozing" in the jungle of jive. i'd like to see more of the game, but i can't!

could someone download my save here-> http://willhostforfood.com/files4/5/2/8/5286085/save.zip
and then beat that level, and reupload the save? that would be much appreciated. hopefully later levels aren't as slow, because the early levels weren't!

http://willhostforfood.com/files4/2/5/0/2507387/forfuzz.zip

there ya go.

I really dislike that level. one of the few levels keeping me from getting all gold medals
Hubol
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: November 02, 2009, 01:54:14 PM »

The new version would probably fix the slowness of that level, I too noticed that, but in the new version it seems perfectly fine to me.
ronlee
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 05, 2009, 01:59:07 PM »

I'm up to 85 metals right now.  My thoughts about the game have gone all over the place. 

1st Impression:  How cute!
2nd Impression:  How boring, it's the kind of game where you have to memorize levels and twitch your fingers at the right time.
3rd Impression:  At least they made it really easy to get all the way through the game.  Kind of a cute story, glad I played it to the ending.
4th Impression:  My life is really really boring right now, so I guess I'll load this up again and try for a few medals.
5th Impression:  This is ridiculous.  It's not about getting to the end as fast as possible, it's about getting the most points!  What fun is figuring out the arbitrary combination of actions that will yield 1000 points? 
5th Impression:  Hm, so THAT'S how the momentum meter works!!!  Why didn't they say so?
6th (Current) Impression:  This is a hard level, but just a couple more tries and I think I'll have it....rats, my fault, let's try again....rats, my fault, let's try again.....

I feel like the game would have benefited from more of a tutorial.  Topics I think should be covered in more depth:  momentum, scoring (is there anyway to make more explicit the relationship between time and checkpoints?  And the comparative importance of momentum to the score?), diving.  Also, a more gradual ramping up of difficulty between levels would have been nice, a series of 10 or so levels that slowly build up the difficulty of getting gold medals with Runman.  What I thought the game was initially it isn't, and I had to figure it out the hard way.  I'm glad my life was boring enough at one point that I decided to go for medals, because I uncovered a great gem.  But I think it was wrong of the designers to think that everyone would want to put in the effort required to get to the goodness that lies beneath. 

I should also note that the unlockable features show great love and imagination.  I've unlocked the four secret characters.  They are all adorable, and playing each (particularly the third and fourth)  requires looking at the game in a different light.  It's like having a puzzle that you can dismantle with either a fragile precision screwdriver, a crescent wrench, or a hammer.  All three will work, but which one will work the best?  (And regardless of what's best, what method is the most fun??)  The designers hint at other secrets.  I have yet to find them, but I'm looking forward to it. 

I urge hardcore gamers with good twitch reflexes to continue exploring the game--there's a lot to it.  I urge softcore and midcore gamers to get to the ending and move on with life without giving a second thought to the medals.  I urge the designers to include in some future version one more set of levels that can help players learn more about how the game and controls work.  I was happy to donate once I realized what a gem I had downloaded.  I think many others will never find out the true joys without more of a helping hand pointing the way.
hithit
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 12, 2009, 03:26:09 AM »

ERROR in
action number 1
of Create Event
for object sxms:

Error defining an external function.

I had this problem when i open the game...
how to fix it?

PS: i had copied all the things and .dll in the .rar, and i downloaded it from http://whatareyouwait.info/download.php. I really want to play this game Cry
tim_the_tam
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: November 15, 2009, 05:06:43 PM »

hey tom and matt

can i please have runman: race around the world in the free indie project cd?

Tom Sennett
Level 3

Indie Game Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: November 16, 2009, 11:33:34 AM »

Sure.

Matt Thorson
Level 7

c'est la vie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: November 17, 2009, 11:54:56 AM »

Hand Thumbs Up Left

GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 17, 2009, 02:20:31 PM »

I'd played through the first world when this came out, but life's been crazy so I hadn't played more until last night, when I finished it in one sitting.

Great job guys, really fantastic game!  Beer!
BoxedLunch
« Reply #149 on: November 23, 2009, 03:36:31 PM »

The pie is a lie!  Big Laff
Great game 6/5
Tom Sennett
Level 3

Indie Game Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: December 11, 2009, 09:41:35 AM »

EVERYBODY My Word!

We just released version 1.2, fixing the ghost system, which got broken last update. Facepalm Also a couple little tweaks.

• Fixed ghost file writing
  • Altered some particle effects and reduced the overall number of particles that get generated
  • Altered 6-6's architecture to prevent a bug
  • Altered 1-5's architecture because people tended to get stuck
  • Fixed a bug that caused the boss to get lost at the end of 3-6

As always, it's available here: http://whatareyouwait.info/download.php

feniix
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 04, 2010, 02:36:07 PM »

I am getting:

ERROR in
action number 1
of Create Event
for object sxms:

Error defining an external function.

System Specs:
Intel C2D 2.8ghz
nvidia 8800gt
windows 7 32b
4gb ram

This is a fresh install of the game, never tried it before.

Installation:
Unzip the archive in a new directory and run the exe

Tried also:
Compatibility mode with XP sp3
Compatibility mode with Vista sp2

Do you have any idea what can be happening?
JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 04, 2010, 02:41:00 PM »

have you got all the music and sound effects in the right place?

feniix
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 04, 2010, 02:57:30 PM »

what do you mean by music and sound effects.

I unzipped the dir in a new dir, the readme.txt or the other txt files didnt have any instruction about sound effect and music.

what I did:

uncompressed the entire archive file to a new folder.
run the exe
get the error.

that is all.
Fen1kz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 04, 2010, 10:44:37 PM »

I also have
ERROR blablabla for object sxms: Error defining an external function.

Have windows XP SP-2

Downloaded game, unpacked and run exe, then got an error
=(
what dlls and where should be copied?
deathtotheweird
« Reply #155 on: January 05, 2010, 12:09:03 AM »

they switched to sxms on the first update (1.1) maybe you can try version 1?

its here : http://bit.ly/87Eemf
Fen1kz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 05, 2010, 08:47:29 AM »

huh, thank you very much. but is it older version?
Jonathan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 14, 2010, 04:53:14 PM »

I played this game last week after a friend showed it to me.  I don't normally like these sorts of graphics, but I thought they worked really well here.  Overall it was a lot of fun, but I didn't feel compelled to go back and replay the levels.  To be fair, my friend had a lot more time on his hands and played a lot more of than I did... I believe he went back to try for medals and enjoyed it a lot.

I feel like the game would have benefited from more of a tutorial.  Topics I think should be covered in more depth:  momentum, scoring (is there anyway to make more explicit the relationship between time and checkpoints?  And the comparative importance of momentum to the score?), diving.  Also, a more gradual ramping up of difficulty between levels would have been nice, a series of 10 or so levels that slowly build up the difficulty of getting gold medals with Runman.
This.
Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: January 26, 2010, 11:04:44 AM »

Featured in COOP's 2009 review.

Tom Sennett
Level 3

Indie Game Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: January 26, 2010, 10:46:51 PM »

Hey, that guy said he was more impressed playing RunMan than New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

That's awesome.  Tears of Joy

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic