Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411515 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 03:59:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessTell us about your 15 minutes of fame
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Print
Author Topic: Tell us about your 15 minutes of fame  (Read 25321 times)
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 25, 2009, 03:35:44 AM »

Argh, I missed it on tee-vee. I mean, I usually miss it, but last Monday I mysteriously remembered about it. And then... forgot. Any idea if it's on again? Friday or something? Anyway, good interview! Great to see. Farbs: Televised.
Ryan
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 25, 2009, 04:20:05 AM »

My first TV interview aired a few minutes ago on ABC2 (Australian govt broadcaster). Woo!

EDIT: Found a direct link.

Excellent! Great interview; I laughed heartily when they showed a clip of your resignation game.   Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Left:D
Movius
« Reply #102 on: June 25, 2009, 08:37:01 AM »

My first TV interview aired a few minutes ago on ABC2 (Australian govt broadcaster). Woo!

EDIT: Found a direct link.

Well done old chap.

You still owe me one interview.
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: June 25, 2009, 09:45:07 AM »

My best moments:

Reaching #46 in the UK music charts, reaching #1 in the Japan iTunes weekly downloads for Dance music (#6 overall I think.)

Doing the coverdisk for Amiga Format.

Doing the cover mix CD for Mixmag.

Appearing on news all over the world when the plane I was on set on fire in Sydney.

Appearing with my dad on TV with Daleks.   He wrote Doctor Who and was far more of a legend than I could ever be!

Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 26, 2009, 06:05:03 AM »

My best moments:

Reaching #46 in the UK music charts, reaching #1 in the Japan iTunes weekly downloads for Dance music (#6 overall I think.)

Doing the coverdisk for Amiga Format.

Doing the cover mix CD for Mixmag.

Appearing on news all over the world when the plane I was on set on fire in Sydney.

Appearing with my dad on TV with Daleks.   He wrote Doctor Who and was far more of a legend than I could ever be!

I'm sorry, what? Clarify those statement, sonny. Sounds more than just 15 minutes. Also, cool.
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: June 26, 2009, 10:33:25 AM »

Well I have an alter-ego as Sonic, (or Sonic & Silver / Accidental Heroes).  I'm a d'n'b producer.  Amiga Format was my freeware game Jet Set Willy 3, and my dad is the late Johnny Byrne.  I wasn't sure whether to post all this.  Feel a bit embarrassed now.  Embarrassed

The Ivy
Level 1

Offices in Miragia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: July 01, 2009, 02:03:38 PM »

I'm getting interviewed for Electic Playground tomorrow! I will try to plug indie games accordingly.  Gentleman
BadgerManufactureInc
« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2009, 02:19:18 AM »

I've been online with SF4 for about a month and have had a lot time in between coding.  I got to class 2A last night, with 10150 grade points.

I play Championship mode, my tag is AiR BUrST.

[EDIT] I am just below 15000 GP (Grade 1).

Neo Empire invited me to their awesome tournament in London that I've been looking forward to for a year.  I don't think I'll qualify this year, got hold of SF too late... I'm joining their UK forum tonight, so we'll see how many other UK fighters there are above me.

Grin
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 10:14:46 AM by Barnaby Byrne » Logged
Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

alright, let's see what we can see

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 28, 2009, 09:12:58 AM »

I was interviewed for a Russian arts magazine:

http://www.ivansafrin.com/snobmagazine.png

Crazy

http://polycode.org/ - Free, cross-platform, open-source engine.
Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 28, 2009, 11:56:04 AM »

Well, can you translate it for us? Smiley
BadgerManufactureInc
« Reply #110 on: October 18, 2009, 11:59:14 PM »

Ok, so now I'm ranked 2600 on Grade and 1200 on Champ on Street Fighter 4.. I am still continuing to advance quite fast having only had the game for 3 months.

Still can't believe how good my kid brother (fullspectrum) is still better than me... I mean his reactions must be super human..

Good practise though I guess, if more than a little bit irritating.

All about RYU and KEN for me.  Havn't met anyone who can beat me easy when they are also one of those 2 characters.
bateleur
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 19, 2009, 01:20:59 AM »

Still can't believe how good my kid brother (fullspectrum) is still better than me... I mean his reactions must be super human...

It's less about reactions and more about strategy (and precision of execution, of course). Know when to use your EX moves, when to Focus Attack, when to throw and when it's safe to jump in and you have enough to beat most G2 opponents (you're G2-E, right?).

I'm G2-C at the moment, getting fairly close to G2-B. Only took a little over a month... but then I play Blanka so I get lots of cheap wins because some players have no idea how to fight him! :D

BadgerManufactureInc
« Reply #112 on: October 20, 2009, 04:01:41 AM »

Oops, sorry the '2600 on Grade' and '1200 on Champ' are my positions on the world leaderboard rather than my GP (18000).

Maybe I should have said '2600 on Grade (with 18,000 GP)' and '1200 on Champ (with 600,000 CP)'.

So I'm on 18k gp, and entry into grade 1 is 15k gp.

You can save 1 replay when going up a grade if you are in the world top 5000; well as mine is worth just under 600,000 CP, you don't have to navigate down too far to find my own replay against someone else from the UK who I normally don't beat (as I say you have to be ranked in the top 5000, win  and go up a grade all at the same time in order to be presented with the option to save a replay).

Sorry if that wasn't clear, in fact it is kinda misleading, as my achievement is far from trivial.. there are only 2600 people in the world above me on Championship mode, and I am rising fast (only had version 4 for a few months due to work committments, but have been playing the series seriously for around 16 years).

Yeah strategy is really important, I guess more so than reactions ultimately, though perhaps reactions a close secondary skill.  I have actually been in grade 1 for a while now, I have certainly found that people make fewer mistakes in grade 1.  I am only in 1E, but I need only 2000gp to move up to grade 1D.  There is always a small element of luck too in grade 1 matches I think, as some are so close.

Blanka is a beast.  I have found as Ryu that I have to get in close and unleash lots of jabs and mini-shoryukens to try and lock him down, you still have to be wary of the electricity, so I get close but crouch down and block rather than jump in.

My gamertag is AiR BUrST if you are on xbox (I have heard the competition is even fiercer on PSN but hey it's good on xbox too, even if I do regularly beat some of the top players in my grade) so if you are on live give me a heads up?   I want to go all the way, I am aiming to get into 1C by Christmas if at all possible (I am on 18000 now and will need maybe another 10000).

Badger
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 04:13:14 AM by BadgerManufactureInc » Logged
The Ivy
Level 1

Offices in Miragia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: February 04, 2010, 02:36:03 PM »

Woo, Electric Playground finally aired the segment where I talk about Puzzle Bots [here]. Smiley

It seems like they don't expect their audience to know that indie games exist. The even use the Star Wars Kid as an example of user-created content. Whatever gets the point across to their audience, I guess!

Anyways, Donna told me that their potential audience is around 7 million, so hopefully this helps the indie cause a bit.
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: February 04, 2010, 03:22:08 PM »

Woo, Electric Playground finally aired the segment where I talk about Puzzle Bots [here]. Smiley

"This video will be available in Canada in 5 days"

wtf?

Meanwhile it's telling me to buy Star Trek Online... hmm...

The Ivy
Level 1

Offices in Miragia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: February 04, 2010, 03:47:19 PM »

Weird; I thought it was a Canadian show.

But you're not the first person to see that message so...<Strong Bad>I guess you'll just have to...wait it out</Strong Bad>
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: February 05, 2010, 04:43:28 AM »

Can't say I've really had 15 minutes Tongue Some of my games were mentioned on Bytejacker though, so that was kinda cool.

Oh, and I'm briefly mentioned in this month's PC Gamer :D

If this has already been quoted then my bad, but I thought it was pretty cool Terry vamping on his small fame-like encounters, now look at the guy! Jayzus!

Can't say I've had anything yet. Maybe tomorrow!

Over00
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: February 07, 2010, 10:42:32 AM »

hmm, well maybe it's more like 2 minutes of fame. My recent interview on ONRPG.

Can't say I'm famous or anything but that's still the best I got so far.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic