Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411514 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 03:31:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessTell us about your 15 minutes of fame
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Print
Author Topic: Tell us about your 15 minutes of fame  (Read 25320 times)
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2008, 11:46:35 PM »

I just checked, they have a two page feature of the Bootleg compo.

Annabelle Kennedy
Awesomesauce
Level 8

♥Android Love♥

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2008, 12:02:51 PM »

http://www.16x16.org/
he showed my work on there!!!

http://www.indiegames.com/blog/2008/11/trailer_cave_story_wiiware_ign.html
aaahh its my work again how coool!!!

http://www.gamesetwatch.com/2008/09/indiegamescom_interview_phil_f.php
phil fish mentioned me in an interview once  Tears of Joy Tears of Joy Kiss Kiss

... im so lame >< hahaha
lordmetroid
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2008, 03:19:27 PM »

I said something once on #TigIRC and it was like on screen for 15 seconds...
What you say? Minutes?
mildmojo
Level 1

summer rain (soon)

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2008, 05:25:44 PM »

I was also famous one time I picked a bus

This phrase is completely foreign to me.  What's involved in the act of bus picking?

DEMAKE compo entry: Road Trip: Southwest USA
mildmojo
Level 1

summer rain (soon)

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2008, 05:39:27 PM »

http://n.nfshost.com/ completely surprised me with it's temporary popularity, especially as it was merely a bored afternoons work.

I like that concept a lot.  I got stuck at latin, (level 7 or 8 or something), but I like the exploration process.

And hey, a fellow NFS user.  Grin

DEMAKE compo entry: Road Trip: Southwest USA
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2008, 10:28:10 PM »

Yar, I like the number thingy, but I can't get past 'sept'; I tried oct, octo, and octa, none worked Cry.

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
mirosurabu
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2008, 03:11:10 AM »

Fame... let me think.

When I was in school, I was famous for my coding skills, which were, if you ask me, overrated. Professor used to call me "god for programming" which I think I wasn't, but I believe I was kinda cogent.

Regarding video-games and some wider fame, no I never had any kind of fame. In fact, I still have to finish single game. And by "finish" I mean to make a game for which I can say "look, this is my work, I am proud of it". It's just that I am paying attention to every detail, plus my lack of video game programming experience (I am like seven years into programming, but there are many things which I don't about but which are important for faster game-development) and hence no game finished so far.
Jonathan Whiting
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2008, 08:01:03 AM »

http://n.nfshost.com/ completely surprised me with it's temporary popularity, especially as it was merely a bored afternoons work.

I like that concept a lot.  I got stuck at latin, (level 7 or 8 or something), but I like the exploration process.

Thanks very much Smiley

NFS are fantastic aren't they, I really don't understand why not everybody uses them!

Yar, I like the number thingy, but I can't get past 'sept'; I tried oct, octo, and octa, none worked Cry.

Sounds like you're both stuck on the same one then.  It seems to be a regular sticking point, which always surprises me a bit, as I thought it was one of my easier ones.

It's not latin, and it's not a month, semi-spoilery clue ---try a different language in which 'sept' means seven---.

Titch
Level 3

Cautiously Pragmatic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2008, 09:18:23 AM »

At school I became known as the oracle for my vastly overrated knowledge of old video games. Not so much trivia as being able to cross reference pretty much any mechanic or plot device with another older game.

My 15 minutes of fame where when I got shortlisted for a Golden Joystick Award. Which aside from all the free alcohol and the meal and schmoozing with other small time flash developers was a bit depressing really. Lots of big time publishers getting all self congratulatory that they licensed developers than made them lots of money.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 09:24:51 AM by Titch » Logged

Matt Thorson
Level 7

c'est la vie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2008, 12:19:16 PM »

Oui, it is a tough one.

I didn't get stuck until a_dozen, but I'm really stuck on it.

___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2008, 06:34:53 PM »

Thanks very much Smiley

NFS are fantastic aren't they, I really don't understand why not everybody uses them!

They charge way too much for storage.  I use them, but I dare not host a large amount of files on my sites because then I'm being drained of precious cents that add up.

Edit:  I should probably contribute to the topic.  http://www.gamesradar.com/f/the-best-free-games-to-play-this-holiday/a-200812091054793016  Hey, bonesaw is there.
Decipher
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2008, 07:46:49 PM »

I got upto 16, then got stuck :/. Neverthless, it was fun.
Cymon
Level 9

Computer Kid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2008, 09:42:42 AM »

I'm stuck on 10. sept is either a numerical prefix or a month. Either way the next should be oct, octo, or octa. I even tried octi. Any clues?

Cymon's Games, free source code, tutorials, and a new game every week!
Follow me on twitter
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2008, 09:52:53 AM »

I'm stuck on 10. sept is either a numerical prefix or a month. Either way the next should be oct, octo, or octa. I even tried octi. Any clues?

If you mean "8", the answer's -huit- - wouldn't have gotten it without the language hint though; I don't speak french Sad

Jonathan Whiting
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2008, 09:53:45 AM »

They charge way too much for storage.  I use them, but I dare not host a large amount of files on my sites because then I'm being drained of precious cents that add up.

Hmm, yeah, you might have a point there.  I've never had anything large to host there, so it's not been an issue.  The amazon hosting pay-as-you-go thingumy might be better for large files.

Well, a clue to start you off is if you're stuck there you're stuck on 7, not 10!  Another would be that it could be something other than a prefix or a month.  There are even some other clues already in this thread.

Enjoy!  Evil

Hajo
Level 5

Dream Mechanic

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2008, 06:28:17 AM »

I think I felt famous when one of my games was published on computer magazine's shareware CD. A bit more famous when I was asked to write a chapter for a book about game development.

Per aspera ad astra
Cymon
Level 9

Computer Kid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2008, 08:12:03 AM »

If you mean "8", the answer's -EDIT- EDIT Sad
Ah, see, math background me. Course, I can count in french I default to numerology.

Okay, I got up to 13 and now I'm stuck again. Is that the line to a song I don't know?

Cymon's Games, free source code, tutorials, and a new game every week!
Follow me on twitter
Jonathan Whiting
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2008, 08:31:01 AM »

Okay, I got up to 13 and now I'm stuck again. Is that the line to a song I don't know?

Not a song no, but it is vaguely that sort of idea.

It's something I thought was pretty culturally universal amongst English speakers, but it turns out it's not as common as I thought.  I'm pretty sure it's the clue that has pissed the most people off (quite reasonably to be honest, if you don't "just get it" then it'll feel very harsh).  As such I don't mind spoilering it: SPOILER for_some SPOILER

Craig Stern
Level 10

I'm not actually all that stern.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2008, 11:39:39 AM »

Um, I guess the closest I've gotten would have to be having Telepath RPG Chapter 2 featured on the Newgrounds front page for a while.

That's not my favorite moment, though. So far my favorite moment has to be the time when I was on Kongregate and some enterprising kids noticed me in the chat and started messaging me with questions about upcoming games. They called me "Mr. Sinister," which I thought was kinda cute. Smiley

Runners up are the times I've gotten emails from people wanting to intern with Sinister Design (maybe I do too good a job of looking like an actual company?), and having a picture of one of my board games (Messiah: A Game of Cult Warfare) used as the banner artwork for USC's game development program website for a solid couple of years. It's enough to make one feel important.  Cool

agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2008, 06:17:08 PM »

Sounds like you're both stuck on the same one then.  It seems to be a regular sticking point, which always surprises me a bit, as I thought it was one of my easier ones.

It's not latin, and it's not a month, semi-spoilery clue (...)

I bet you're (hover here).

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic