Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411517 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 12:08:00 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessTell us about your 15 minutes of fame
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Author Topic: Tell us about your 15 minutes of fame  (Read 25322 times)
ortoslon
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2009, 07:48:20 AM »

When the2bears posted about my White Butterfly playthroughs. One of the videos was later embedded in a Chinese blog post about WB, which led to a short surge of views. Also, I was recently thanked in Glum Buster update log.
Matt Thorson
Level 7

c'est la vie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2009, 11:42:42 AM »

When Gang Garrison started getting noticed I was super excited. We got a post on RPS and on Kotaku, not to mention a tiny writeup in PC Gamer. Its not like anyone actually noticed me, but it was a cool experience to watch a game I helped to make paraded around the game journalism circuit.

This post was made back in December '08, and since then GG2 has been mentioned on the official TF2 blog.  Looks like your 15 minutes has just started over again Tongue Great job man, I've played GG2 a couple times and it's good fun.

cactus
Makeout King
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2009, 11:47:33 AM »

I've collected some of the magazines I've been featured in. And the collection has grown quite large.

Here's a pic. Two or three magazines are missing from it, and some got cut off on the right:

From what I've heard and haven't heard (most magazines don't contact me before they write about my stuff), this should be about half of all the issues that's got my games in them.
handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: May 14, 2009, 12:41:28 PM »

i would take a picture of all the magazines i'm in but there's just way too many of them they would never be able to fit into one picture. There's just so many magazines, i feel a little bit sad that all the pages my games take up have probably caused so many trees to be cut down (at least 1 or 2 forests, and probably big ones.)

Klaim
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2009, 12:39:35 AM »

Cactus> There is a french geek-otaku-powered tv channel called NoLife that have a show called "Temps Perdu" (ndt: "Time lost"). The guy made a full show on what you did at the time (it was few months ago).

You're a rock-star.

cactus
Makeout King
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2009, 02:06:25 AM »

Cactus> There is a french geek-otaku-powered tv channel called NoLife that have a show called "Temps Perdu" (ndt: "Time lost"). The guy made a full show on what you did at the time (it was few months ago).

You're a rock-star.
After HCR's post, I was 100% sure that this was sarcasm or a funny insult until I googled it. That's pretty awesome Shocked

Thanks for letting me know.
Klaim
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: May 15, 2009, 03:19:25 AM »

In fact, you're a RockStar for some people here where I work too - me included.  Beer!

I hope we'll meet one day Smiley

edit> The show as "Les jeux Cactus: Psychosomnium - Mondo Agency - Ad Nauseum 2 - Clean Asia (le 28/10/2008)" -> 28 October
Source : http://www.nolife-wiki.com/index.php/Temps_Perdu

« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 04:33:42 AM by Klaim » Logged

cactus
Makeout King
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: May 16, 2009, 01:38:33 AM »

I hope we'll meet one day Smiley
I'll let you know if I'm ever planning a trip to France then Wink
Klaim
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: May 16, 2009, 05:38:37 PM »

That would be awesome!  Kiss

qubodup
Level 1

icons?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2009, 08:31:45 AM »

German TV interview on 3sat (channel) in neues (program) about hobby game developers. I'm the one that stutters a lot.
ortoslon
« Reply #90 on: June 13, 2009, 11:55:34 AM »

Mentioned on IngieGames blog and the 40th Bytejacker because of my gameplay videos.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 03:56:05 PM by ortoslon » Logged
Angelo
Level 1

Gah! My very funny personal text is too long for t

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2009, 03:17:36 PM »

When I won a map making contest for the MMORPG Ashen Empires (formerly Dransik).

muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 17, 2009, 12:40:05 AM »

Hurrah, The Triumph of Time will be on the PC PowerPlay cover disc (seems to be an Australian games mag, anyone know if it's any good?) because of a Ludum Dare feature! One of their freelance writers sent me an email with a few interview questions which I answered quite extensively; they'll probably just take one or two quotes from what I wrote, but it's still very cool since this will be the first time one of my games will be featured in a print mag (AFAIK)  Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2009, 02:53:05 AM »

PCPP is a pretty decent mag, yeah. I read Hyper meself, but it gets bundled with it once every few months. Mix of games, game-based articles and hardware (for better games). Always comes with a disk full of stuff. Man, before I had the internet, it was fantastic wealth of information about games you've never heard of and the people who make them.  Kiss Ahh. But I digress.

Whoever does the Garage Games section is a TIGS lurker, I think - the one I picked up this month (february's, I think) came with My First Skydiving Acadamey AND Herbert West: Corpse Reanimating on the disk. So, well done!
Farbs
Man
Level 10

/Farbs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: June 22, 2009, 03:24:38 AM »

My first TV interview aired a few minutes ago on ABC2 (Australian govt broadcaster). Woo!

EDIT: Found a direct link.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 03:47:40 PM by Farbs » Logged
Bennett
Jinky Jonky and the Spell of the Advergamez 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 22, 2009, 05:00:58 AM »

My first TV interview

Nice work! I used to watch that show on TV.
bateleur
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 22, 2009, 11:11:19 PM »

Good stuff Farbs, you interview really well!  SmileyHand Thumbs Up Right

agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: June 23, 2009, 08:41:54 PM »

You casual games developer you! No, but seriously, way to go!

Black Parchment
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 24, 2009, 02:21:06 AM »

Why do I cringe when I hear casual games. Still nice interview.

Farbs
Man
Level 10

/Farbs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: June 24, 2009, 03:57:16 AM »

I had a big spiel in the interview about the recent division between casual and indie. I guess it didn't fit in the segment.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic