Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 02:16:40 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsNeon Grey | Tactical Mech Warfare
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Neon Grey | Tactical Mech Warfare  (Read 1257 times)
vonpixel
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2014, 11:46:56 AM »

Neon Grey is a tactical turn based mech combat rpg / sim set on a outer rim planet far in the future.

ui concept paintover

I've been working on the games concept and very rough prototype elements for just over a year now- and recently found my self with a good chunk of time to work on the game.

The game pulls insperation from a lot of obvious sources (Front Mission, Heavy Gear, XCom, A bit of starcraft, Jagged Alliance, Advanced Wars and so on).

Players will command squads of mechs with customized pilots, infantry and other vehicles through a large variety of missions. They will also have to deal with being a part of a larger military actions- and part of a diverse planet full of factions and hostile terrain. Between missions players will move through a variety of hubs (that are able to become under attack) and through a large branching story about the end of a long drawn out war spanning the colonized galaxy.

That is for the future though. For now- the game is all about the completed prototype mini campaign.

Currently- its in a very rough prototype phase- but it coming together.

The game is being built in Unity- with a combination of asset store things. The main thing being Tile Based Map & Nav + Playmaker. Im the main dev behind the game currently though I have a partner that helps me on occasion with assets / story and other things.

Currently- im working on building in custom playermaker actions that work with Tile Based Map and Nav. Ill be using playmaker to control most of the game.

Here are some recent images and some older stuff.

the two prototype units

the current prototype map

placing units

basic navigation

current prototype

some more screens of the current map

work in progress on the the system the game takes place in. large readable version http://i.imgur.com/qUhSaTx.jpg
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 11:56:29 AM by vonpixel » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic