Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411482 Posts in 69370 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 23, 2024, 11:53:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesIs there a way to Unsubscribe from threads?
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Is there a way to Unsubscribe from threads?  (Read 9676 times)
Miguelito
Level 4

makes graphics

View Profile WWW
« on: January 13, 2014, 12:05:26 PM »

So basically what I like to do is use the "Show new replies to your posts." option up top just to check out any threads I might have interest in. It's a comfy and very personalized filter for me.

Now as you might imagine, my current list is getting really massive - basically a non-stop parade of threads I might at one point have posted in, no matter whether it was from serious interest or just a drive-by stupidpost.
This has made the list completely useless ironically, as I'm absolutely not interested to follow threads I might just have posted once in. And those are outnumbering the actually interesting threads for me by a large margin.

It's actively keeping me from posting in new threads, especially in case I just want to add some positivity and reinforcement to an ongoing project.

Am I missing some clear cut "unfollow" panel here, or are we stuck with a perpetually ballooning "replies to your posts" page with not the slightest difference made between threads?
Thanks and apologies if this has already been answered.

(← new art twitter)
flankstaek
Level 0

Shit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 12:19:57 PM »

You unsubscribe from threads by going to your profile, and in the sidebar choosing Notifications and Email. From there you should see a list of all the threads you're currently subscribed to, just simply check the ones you want to unsubscribe from and hit the unsubscribe button at the bottom to no longer be notified.

Hope this helps!  Wizard
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 12:43:28 PM »

You unsubscribe from threads by going to your profile, and in the sidebar choosing Notifications and Email. From there you should see a list of all the threads you're currently subscribed to, just simply check the ones you want to unsubscribe from and hit the unsubscribe button at the bottom to no longer be notified.

Hope this helps!  Wizard
it doesn't

he's not talking about email subscription

@op: this topic was already discussed and sadly there's no way to do that atm, I feel you  Bro Fist Right Bro Fist Left

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 06:16:07 PM »

You could, I don't know, try to not read the threads that don't interest you , then click on "mark all messages as read"
:macckaulayculkinfaceinhomealone:

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Miguelito
Level 4

makes graphics

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 07:14:16 AM »

Thanks for the insightful comment.
I especially likes how it solves the problem of replying to threads of varying degrees of interest - clearly just wanting to give positive feedback must mean I'm not interested.

Capital help, moi.

(← new art twitter)
flankstaek
Level 0

Shit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 12:01:52 PM »

it doesn't

he's not talking about email subscription

@op: this topic was already discussed and sadly there's no way to do that atm, I feel you  Bro Fist Right Bro Fist Left

Derp I shoulda read better  Embarrassed
ink.inc
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 12:23:19 PM »

aside from deleting all your posts in said threads, no
Miguelito
Level 4

makes graphics

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 12:26:08 PM »

Wow, well I guess that's definitely a solution!

Thanks, getting to it right away! It's not the most elegant way, but I'll do anything for a clean follow list.

(← new art twitter)
ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014, 02:25:39 AM »

aside from deleting all your posts in said threads, no
off to delete my post from 'Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!! " why have I ever posted there

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2014, 02:49:33 AM »

you guys are all wrong. go to the bottom button, where it says notify. click on it. it'll ask you if you want to disable notifications (if you are already getting them). click yes. done

fools

ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2014, 03:18:31 AM »

you guys are all wrong. go to the bottom button, where it says notify. click on it. it'll ask you if you want to disable notifications (if you are already getting them). click yes. done

fools
thread I'm already getting on my "Show new replies...":

Are you sure you wish to enable notification of new replies for this topic?
I don't, I want to disable them!

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2014, 08:45:12 AM »

if they are enabled, it will ask you to disable them. if they are disabled, it will ask you to enable them. it's the simplest thing in the world and yet indie game dev nerds can't even figure this out. it's a wonder they learned how to code at all

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2014, 09:57:58 AM »

dum thats email notification ur talking about. what OP means is this: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?action=unreadreplies
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2014, 10:50:22 AM »

argh, you're right

the only way to do that apparently is with a mod: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1193

it needs to be installed by an admin but once installed it'll work

ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2014, 11:29:10 AM »

if they are enabled, it will ask you to disable them. if they are disabled, it will ask you to enable them. it's the simplest thing in the world and yet indie game dev nerds can't even figure this out. it's a wonder they learned how to code at all

it's amusing to watch how much of a hypocrite can you become in order to prove you're so smart

I have yet to see you fucking reading anything before posting your bullshit, because that's the second thread about the same thing where you post your shitty 'solution', not even talking about other countless times where you couldn't bother reading before assuming someone's a brain-dead kiddo

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2014, 12:19:26 PM »

it's amusing to watch how much of a hypocrite can you become in order to prove you're so smart

I have yet to see you fucking reading anything before posting your bullshit, because that's the second thread about the same thing where you post your shitty 'solution', not even talking about other countless times where you couldn't bother reading before assuming someone's a brain-dead kiddo

i am not smart, why would i be trying to prove something that isn't true? i was merely answering the questions -- they were asking how to unsubscribe from a thread, and i answered that. they meant something else, and worded it wrong, but the actual question they asked was what i answered

it's still true that everyone else was answering the question wrong, they were answering the intent rather than the wording, which however well-intended is still the wrong answer

in any case, i did answer the intended question too (that it can be done with a smf mod, an admin just has to install it)

Zaphos
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2014, 01:00:45 PM »

it's still true that everyone else was answering the question wrong, they were answering the intent rather than the wording, which however well-intended is still the wrong answer
OP asked the right question in the actual text of the first post; the wording issue was just in the title.  Also the title question had already been answered in the first response.

How to Be a Tree | Voro | Realistic Kissing Simulator | twitter | Programmer at Epic Games
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2014, 01:06:31 PM »

ah, didn't see the first response. still, my suggestion was an easier way to do it; in his answer you had to go to the profile, and look through a list of subscribed threads, in mine you just click the notify button

ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2014, 06:31:41 AM »

ah, didn't see the first response. still, my suggestion was an easier way to do it; in his answer you had to go to the profile, and look through a list of subscribed threads, in mine you just click the notify button
and his suggestion was faster if you wanted to unsubscribe from more than one thread at once...

then - how does it matter, it's not what anyone asked for

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2014, 03:16:57 AM »

So uh... I'm really interested in this. Is there a way we can contact Derek or someone to add this mod?

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic